It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MCCain is not a Natural born U.S. Citizen.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Link

In the most detailed examination yet of Senator John McCain’s eligibility to be president, a law professor at the University of Arizona has concluded that neither Mr. McCain’s birth in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone nor the fact that his parents were American citizens is enough to satisfy the constitutional requirement that the president must be a “natural-born citizen.”

Wow.

This is not a good week for the McCain camp.

“It’s preposterous that a technicality like this can make a difference in an advanced democracy,” Professor Chin said. “But this is the constitutional text that we have.”

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
McCains birth HAS already been discused here...

Also, you shouldn't make a duplicate thread...

There is now a thread JUST for Certificate of Birth's....

This belongs in there...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

How about you link me to that thread if you are going to accuse me of a duplicate.
I am making mention of the article by the New York Times from today, not some article in the Washington post from a few months back. This article focuses on the analysis, by Prof. Gabriel J. Chin who states regardless of the absurdity, this is unconstitutional. This has nothing to do with a birth certificate, So why would I put it there?
How about we leave the modding to the Mods.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Yeah, I don't actually get this. The Senate "unanimously declared" that he's a naturally born citizen... Why? Because a Constitutional Amendment would be too "cumbersome" and take too much time...

The Senate has unanimously declared John McCain a natural-born citizen, eligible to be president of the United States.
McCaskill acknowledged in an interview that there is "no way" to completely resolve the question short of a constitutional amendment, a cumbersome process which could not be concluded before November.

Source

This is very odd when I think about it. The Senate can just declare that someone is a natural born citizen?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
he was born on a us military base by american parents.

us military bases are us soil. he may have or at least used to have a dual citzenship.

go cry your non-sence some where else..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Link

In the most detailed examination yet of Senator John McCain’s eligibility to be president, a law professor at the University of Arizona has concluded that neither Mr. McCain’s birth in 1936 in the Panama Canal Zone nor the fact that his parents were American citizens is enough to satisfy the constitutional requirement that the president must be a “natural-born citizen.”

Wow.

This is not a good week for the McCain camp.

I suppose the Senate can pass all the declarations it wants, but Constitutional reality is a real bitch.

I've decided Obama isn't going after this because he must have his own irregularities.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thats fine - play fair.

But next time we want this guy:

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Breifne]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Breifne]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Oh dear - my post has munched on Monsanto products and expanded by un-natural means.

Other than deleting it - any way to fix it?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

go cry your non-sence some where else..

Another GREAT contribution by Dale Gribble

The only one crying here is you. I am simply posting an article by the New York times.

Would you like to argue in favor of how this is GOOD for McCain?

I would love to hear it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Ok great, now can the Republicans get a candidate they actually wanted?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

i dont see how its bad for him. hes a us citizen born on us soil. this is a sad attempt by the new york time, to spread idiocy. any american who can think for themselves and dosent need someone else thinking for them knows this..

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

any american who can think for themselves and dosent need someone else thinking for them knows this..

I believe you just answered your own question.

How many Americans, besides those on ATS, think for themselves?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The thread that TKain was talking about is: The Definitive "Birth Certificate" Thread

Although I hate to say it, this seems to warrant a thread of his own because it has nothing to with the validity of McCain's Birth Certificate, and everything to due with the validity of his citizenship.

In regards to Congress declaring McCain Natural Born, it freaks me out more than if he just withdrew his nomination and someone else got the nod (Romney or Huckabee, or Paul... Paul would really make this election worth watching.). What criteria did they establish? What next, Arnold Schwarzenegger gets declared 'Natural Born'? I guess when that happens we will truly see the point when freedom in the U.S.A. jumps the shark.

When do the forefathers start rolling in there grave? President impeached for lying about cheating on his wife? President steals the election and then bankrupts country? Or when a Panamanian citizen gets declared 'Natural Born' and then becomes President of the United States.

Maybe it doesn't matter that McCain is Panamanian if he is President of the NAU...
DocMoreau

edit for grammar and to mention 'McCain the Panamain' and 'McCainian from Panama'

[edit on 11/7/2008 by DocMoreau]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dronetek
Ok great, now can the Republicans get a candidate they actually wanted?

I second that! If I do vote for McCain, it will only be a vote against Obama. I think he's a horrible candidate for President.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Here is a copy of McCain's Panamanian Birth Certificate, courtesy of coolieno99 in the thread I mentioned in my last post. Very interesting question if you ask me. He was definitely born in Panama, but was he born on a U.S. Base, in a Boat going through the Panama Canal? Isn't airspace even considered the country of birth, I know I have heard of babies born on planes. Maybe the point is moot if the Congress can just 'declare'...
DocMoreau

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

us military bases are us soil.

No. They are not..

The Fourteenth Amendment mentions two types of citizenship: citizenship by birth and citizenship by law (naturalized citizens): "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."
Current State Department policy reads: "Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S. diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth."

John McCain, who ran for the Republican party nomination in 2000 and is the presumptive Republican nominee in 2008, was born at the Coco Solo U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. parents. Although the Panama Canal Zone was not considered to be part of the United States,[5] federal law states that "Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States"

But not a "natural-born" citizen.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
reply to post by TKainZero

How about you link me to that thread if you are going to accuse me of a duplicate.

It is on top of the 2008 page...

How about we leave the modding to the Mods.

How about the mods follow the rules?

[edit on 11-7-2008 by kleverone]

[edit on 7/11/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

It is on top of this page...

Where? How about a link?

How about the mods follow the rules?

Always do. Still waiting for that link that discusses the Article in today's New York Times.

You mentioned the top of this page. I don't see it. How about that Link

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

John McCain, who ran for the Republican party nomination in 2000 and is the presumptive Republican nominee in 2008, was born at the Coco Solo U.S. military base in the Panama Canal Zone to U.S. parents. Although the Panama Canal Zone was not considered to be part of the United States,[5] federal law states that "Any person born in the Canal Zone on or after February 26, 1904, and whether before or after the effective date of this chapter, whose father or mother or both at the time of the birth of such person was or is a citizen of the United States, is declared to be a citizen of the United States".[6] However, it should be noted that the law that conferred this status took effect on August 4, 1937, one year after John McCain was born.[7]

en.wikipedia.org...

this article claims that he is a citizen. i dont see your point in posting it

[edit on 15pmu82007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

[6] However, it should be noted that the law that conferred this status took effect on August 4, 1937, one year after John McCain was born.[7]

Might want to read that last line Dale. Ever heard the saying a day late an a dollar short. We are reffering to technicalites here. Please read the second quote in the OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join