It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a 'Coup' taking place in the U.S. Military?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Drudge is leading with a headline saying that the NYT's is going to report on Saturday that the Iran missile test that took place two days ago was largely faked.

Many of Iran's claims related to missile tests during "Great Prophet III" war games -- appear to be smoke and mirrors!
The missiles tested DID NOT not have 2,000-kilometer range, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report on Saturday.

Iran DID NOT launch a Shahab-3 missile, able to reach Israel. It was an older missile that was out of production, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE. And a video showing what appeared to be many missiles being fired -- is actually one missile, filmed from different angles!

NYT's Bill Broad is planning to quote military insiders.

Notice how the source is 'military insiders' not the CIA, NSA or white house. I guess we will know more on Saturday, but this reminds me of the nuclear warhead that went missing last summer. I cannot recall the name of the scandal -- any assist here would be a great contribution - but distinctly remember that it was released to the media through one arm of the military branch, while the others were denying it.

If I am not mistaken there was a thread on ATS last August discussing this very topic, and highlighting other similar incidents but I cannot find it. The speculation of that thread was that the missing warhead, which could fit in a briefcase or small box, could be used in a false flag dirty bomb attack.

I feel like there is a pattern here with the WH and military complex itching for a strike on Iraq, but certain high-ranking military officals are trying to thwart it by revealing the stagecraft.

Anyway, my initial response to the news of the test was that the war machine is gearing up, and wondered who is directing it. I posted that here: www.abovetopsecret.com... . If the news source is a high-ranking military official, I think I have my answer. Thoughts?

join