It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible FAQ

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
there are alot of people on ats actually most of them that dont beleive in the bible...

they see aleged contradictions and have questions on the trinity etc

i decided to make this thread to make sure those questions are answered

now i dont want an argument i want a debate. if you ask something and i answer the final decision is in your hands anyway.

if anyone that feels qualified to answer a question of someones, go ahead and if they answer what i believe i wont answer that question... only if i think something dif will i answer.

i also want to point out these are just my veiws of the bible and i wanted to answer questions that i can answer. i only accept things that can answer questions not cause more problems with it.

anyway i also wanted to point out i dont want to be the only one answering these quesstions i want others to express there veiws.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by iesus_freak]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by iesus_freak]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

take the answer or leave, there is so much of the bible that is unknown and so symbolic why are you the final word?

its your opinion, id hate to put my fate or faith in your hands then

granted, i can see how you feel you know what is right in your belief but c'mon to say you have to take the answer or leave it is so proposterous

thanks for the friday laugh, im waiting to get off work

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Answers to all you say? So who is the Creator of the Creator? and don't say he is and always was to back up your answer....

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
First of all, I don't understand why you are posting this on the Aliens & UFOs forum. This doesn't belong here.

Originally posted by iesus_freak
there are alot of people on ats actually most of them that dont beleive in the bible...

Yes, there are plenty of intelligent people here on ATS.

now i dont want an argument. if you ask something and i answer either take the answer or leave it

You don't want an argument? Then what the hell are you doing posting on a forum?

And secondly, take the answer or leave it? That might work in fanatic religious circles as I'm sure you are all used to accepting things without questioning them, but we will not take that crap here.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

why wont god heal amputees?

if the power of prayer is real why do american christians need health insurance?

according to the bibles (as there are many different versions, fact) jesus enphatically stated on several occassions that he did not change any of the law.
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets." Jesus, Matthew 5:17

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

This being so why do christians not stone gay people to death as instructed quite clearly by god/jesus.

Leviticus, Chapter 20, Verse 13 reads: If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them

Also people who work on a sunday -Exodus 35:2 God lays down this commandment:
For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets." Jesus, Matthew 5:17

Kill all these also?
Leviticus 20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.Leviticus 20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.Leviticus 20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.Leviticus 20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.Leviticus

God/ Jesus says its ok to beat your slave to death as long as they dont die straight away. Why do christians refuse to obey their god?

NRSV) Exodus 21:20-21 When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property

Remember god does not change his mind -Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets." Jesus, Matthew 5:17

What about this obsurdity?The very act of Jesus praying to God, as with Matt 26:39, Mark 15:34, and Luke 23:46 would imply that Jesus was a separate being. Otherwise, we have the tautological absurdity of Jesus crying out, "Me, me why have I forsaken me?"

So Jesus encourages lesbianism?114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females do not deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven

Talking of women, why dont chirstian women remember their place, as beneath a man?
First Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

we also note in this verse that once again more contradiction christ is definately not a god. ?????

If the new wife is not a virgin you get to kill her !!!!
Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Well thats enough for now

look forward to some sort of illogical unreasonable nonsensical reply
cheers
moocowman

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated6

he was self existent(ex 3:14; 6:3; jn 1-4; 5:26)... interpretation:ex 3:14 ; 6:3i am that i am means : the self existent one. jn 1-4he was here scince a time no man could date( that doesnt mean he wasnt here at some point in the form he is now... he could have been the being made from the two molecules that hit eachother and been formed because of his thouht wave)jn 5:26 in God is his life in other words he created his life

he made himself: how? heres a sight for science to explain that one:
www.godandscience.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by danx

that was an accident the board changed it though

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
man for people who dont believe in god you are very slow to post evidence to support it and evidence to disprove and disarm your opponent

no questions?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Because these kind of threads have been done ad nauseam.And by your last post you are already showing an aggressive stance.Its a lose/lose topic and i think most people here are happy with whatever they choose to believe in and feel they dont have to argue or defend it for it to be valid or justfied.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

...on ats actually most of them that dont beleive in the bible...

Can I ask a question, only if I do not believe in the answer?
Can I answer my own question?
Let me know if I am doing this wrong.
I will have a go.
-------------------------------
Q: Is Evil something that can be inherited and can a whole population be so inherently evil that God has to Kill them all?
A: Yes, of course.
The Bible gives us many examples of this.

Q: Should we hate God or should we love God, as He is killing us for something that we could not have anything to do with?
A: The answer is irrelevant because, of course you are incapable of understanding who the right god is to worship, anyway.
Your cries will fall on the deaf ears of false idols.

Q: Will I have a nice afterlife if I believed in the gods of my people, but lived a good life and was kind to all?
A:Idol worship is forbidden, so, no.

Q: What if I really believed in an invisible God, and I knew the idol was only a material representation of a real God, beyond my understanding?
A:Sorry, not a good excuse and you go to hell.

Q: Hey wait a second, how about the people of Nineveh who repented of their sins and was spared from destruction?
A: Oh, that was different because a real prophet was there, so the people could know what god they had to direct their supplications to.

Q: Hang on! The Bible has all that info, from the prophets, in it.
Can't I just read that and be saved too?
A: Oops, I was actually more interested in condemning you and now you are ruining my fun.
But, yes, you can find salvation in the Bible.

Q: If the answer to my last question is Yes, doesn't that make your answer to the fist question wrong?
A: That was the Old Testament and now we have the New Testament.

Q: But aren't those still the Bible and how can I get two different answers?
A: That was two questions and I do not have to answer more than one at a time, plus I am tired now and this is end of session.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
#1 no evil cannot be inherited give me any example of this in the bible

#2 i dont understand this question

#3 you shall have no other gods before me so youre right that what your doing is forbidden but using the wrong commandment

#4 no graven images of the god or a god

#5 no christian ever said you couldnt repent like those people

#6 yes if you believe in what it says

#7 you can get "saved"

#8 the answer from the OT comes from the dealings of GOd with israel.. its a different time period or dispensation of Gods dealings with man so it might have different commandments particularly because he iss dealing with different people

[edit on 13-7-2008 by iesus_freak]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

i dont understand this question

That was not my point, to have real questions, but to try to see how a Bible FAQ could go off track, rather quickly.
Or, to just figure out what the format should be, if you wanted to continue this.
You tell me, it's your thread.

To respond to your point #1:
The descendants of Cain would be a start.
Five generations of Cain produced Lemech:

Lamech said to his wives,
"Adah and Zillah, listen to me;
wives of Lamech, hear my words.
I have killed a man for wounding me,
a young man for injuring me.

The Nephilim would be another and eventually, the whole world:

5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air—for I am grieved that I have made them." 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Then, all the nations that had to be removed from the area that the Israelites were moving into.

[edit on 13-7-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Alleged contradictions?

Mark 2:26 "How he went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?"

Jesus states that Abiathar was the high priest at the time when David was given bread to eat but we find that it was actually Ahimelech that was the high priest at the time and it was he that fed David - 1 Sam 21:1.

Jesus making a mistake!!!!! And you worship this muppet?

What time of day was jesus crucified? Marks says 6 am while John says after noon.

There are plenty of contradictions and errors in the bible.

G

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

Abiathar was Ahimelech's son.
Ahimelech was slain as soon as King Saul found out he had helped King David;
Abiathar fled and ran to the camp of King David.
Ahimelech was not counted because he was forced to help King David and Abiathar was a willing ally.
1Sa 22:16 And the king said, Thou shalt surely die, Ahimelech, thou, and all thy father's house.

1Sa 22:17 And the king said unto the footmen that stood about him, Turn, and slay the priests of the LORD; because their hand also [is] with David, and because they knew when he fled, and did not shew it to me. But the servants of the king would not put forth their hand to fall upon the priests of the LORD.

1Sa 22:18 And the king said to Doeg, Turn thou, and fall upon the priests. And Doeg the Edomite turned, and he fell upon the priests, and slew on that day fourscore and five persons that did wear a linen ephod.

1Sa 22:19 And Nob, the city of the priests, smote he with the edge of the sword, both men and women, children and sucklings, and oxen, and asses, and sheep, with the edge of the sword.

1Sa 22:20 ¶ And one of the sons of Ahimelech the son of Ahitub, named Abiathar, escaped, and fled after David.

As to the hour,

Mark uses the Jewish timekeeping system and John uses the Roman

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Whether or not Abiathar was Ahimelech's son makes no difference as it states that it was Ahimelech that was the high priest and not Abiathar.

As for the Roman and Jewish timekeeping thing there are a few problems

1. John is a Jew writing for a Jewish audience so it would make sense to use the Jewish timekeeping

2. John uses Jewish timekeeping in other verses e.g.: John 4:5-7; John 1: 35-39

3.There is no evidence for the Roman timekeeping, in fact they more or less used the Jewish timekeeping

“As for the time of day, it was getting on toward noon. Despite Westcott’s arguments, NO evidence is forthcoming that at this time, whether among Romans, Greeks, or Jews, hours were EVER reckoned otherwise than from sunrise” (p.364)…Romans divided the period of daylight (from sunrise to sunset) into twelve hours, and the period of darkness (from sunset to sunrise) into four watches" (The Gospel of John, p.66)FF Bruce

G

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What appears to be a conflict vanishes when we consider John penned his gospel sometime between 80 and 98 AD, most likely from Ephesus where he spent many years. There is NO question that it was written from the area of Asia Minor, for gentiles, and hence reflects a Greko-Roman conception of time. Ephesus, capital of the Roman providence of Asia, operated under the Roman system of numbering time instead of the Jewish system. The Jewish time system started numbering from sunup, approximately 6 AM. Matthew, Mark and Luke used the Jewish system, and give the third hour (9 AM) for crucifixion, sixth hour (Noon) start of darkness, and the ninth hour (3 PM) for Jesus’ death. Roman time numbering started at midnight, and, when John states that Jesus was handed over to be crucified sometime after the sixth hour he is referencing Roman time, 6 AM. Clearly two and one-half hours from the time Jesus was handed over for crucifixion (after 6 AM), until the actual crucifixion (9 AM) fits the time frame perfectly.

The reason Matthew, Mark and Luke used the Jewish time system can be easily explained by the fact that while Mark probably wrote from Rome his source was Peter who used the Jewish time system. Most scholars believe Matthew and Luke used both Mark and Q as source material, which would explain why they agree with Mark.

Dr. Gary Butner

Roman time keeping

The horologia ex aqua was built to reset itself, that is, to empty itself afresh for night and day. Hence a first discrepancy between the civil day, whose twenty-four hours reckoned from midnight to midnight, and the twenty-four hours of the natural day which was officially divided into two groups of twelve hours each, twelve of the day and twelve of the night!

[edit on 14-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

descendants of cain DID NOT inherit evil, same with the Giants... they had free will like every other being... they could have chosen to follow God but DIDNT

[edit on 14-7-2008 by iesus_freak]

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

MK 2:26 abiathar was another name for ahimelech (i sam 21:1; 22:9, 11, 20) he had another name, ahiah (1sam 14:3) his son was called the same name (1sam 22:20; 1 chr 18:16)

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Thank you, I didn't see that.
The problem is not with scripture, it's with the interpretation.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak

MK 2:26 abiathar was another name for ahimelech (i sam 21:1; 22:9, 11, 20) he had another name, ahiah (1sam 14:3) his son was called the same name (1sam 22:20; 1 chr 18:16)

Thats not what is stated - not anywhere is Ahimelech called Abiathar.

G

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join