It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a Frackin ' Cracker!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I never knew people took communion wafers so seriously.. It seems really off the wall to threaten someone's life over one, and why the University is involving itself in the matter eludes me.

[edit on 18-7-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This actually happened to me once, lmfao! When I was much younger I sort of had religion pushed on me, and attended a mass with my uncle and aunt one time. We had communion so we were lining up for a cube of bread and some welchs grape juice when......

I took the piece of bread and walked away. Immediately the church resounded with the horrified gasps of the entire congregation. I can't believe they see it as a hate crime though....people are ridiculous. This world is ass backwards.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Strongheart

An old girlfriend of mine acted the same way towards me in her Methodist church. she forced me to go, and I had no clue what communion was, so I took a wafer and a small cup of grape juice off the tray which was offered to me. she about had a fit! I wasn't pure enough to partake of the communion, blah, blah, blah...

I just walked out on her and her church, and never looked back. Anyone who gets that warped about their religion is bad news in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am a Catholic, and if someone put a gun to my head and said, "Allow me to desecrate the Eucharist or I will blow your brains out," then I would choose death. I know some of you don't understand this, but many Catholics would say this. Yes, I would voluntarily give my life rather than see the host desecrated. Yes, it means that much to us.

If you choose death fine, but don't kill someone else for your belief. Killing is wrong, hate is wrong and there's no need for it. Religion is dangerous and for someone to die because he disrespected it is just plain murder and sinful. I feel the greatest sin or deed you could do in this life is take away another life all in the name of "whoever."

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
One of the major differences between Catholicism and the rest of Christianity is that to the Catholic Church, it's not just a symbol, it's the actual body and blood of Jesus Christ. It's called transubstantiation, which may explain even more fully the reaction of the Church. While the death threats are one of the most unCatholic things that people could've done, doing what he did and more importantly how he handled it was bound to cause some fuss.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

That being said, I don't imagine you'd hold all Muslims to the standard of the small percentage of radical Muslims just as you wouldn't hold all Catholics to the standard of a few self righteous outliers, just as you wouldn't hold all of humanity to the standard of people like Jefferey Dahmer and Charles Manson.

It's all relative

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join