It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Mccain's $750,000 monthly charge bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I've heard about this the past couple new cycles...

And it got me thinking about the type of people we elect.

Cindy Mccain charged 750,000 on two credit card in one month.

How is John Mccain going to be able relate to a populace who does not make that in 10 years?

Their family must live like royalty...

Didn't we create the USA to get out from under the thumbs of kings?

I'm just sayin..

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, this article is more or less unbiased, as it does mention that they are very rich, 100m +, and have recently invested in more real estate, and possibly furniture for said real estate.

The question is not how and where they spend their, at first glance legitimate, money, it is whether such wealthy people are the right profile to be in the white house, because so far the rich have taken care of themselves first, second and third, with only a passing interest for anyone middle class or lower. In that sense this article might put up a warning sign, but not directly related to their expenditures.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I find it hilarious that McCain (and Clinton) try to nail Obama as an "elitist"! LOL The McCains are rolling in it! LOL

By contrast, John McCain is an all-American regular guy who, like most people, earns his keep by marrying an heiress. Like average, everyday folks the McCain's rely on credit cards to make ends meet month-to-month "Cindy McCain charged as much as $500,000 in a single month on one American Express card and $250,000 on another, while one of their two dependent children had an AmEx card with a monthly balance as large as $50,000." Yes it's true, one of McCain's dependent children spent approximately the median annual household income of the United States in a single month and that's how McCain knows how to connect with regular people.

Source

Cindy McCain, through another family corporation, spent about $4.7 million in 2004 and 2008 on two condos in an exclusive building in Coronado, Calif., an affluent San Diego suburb noted for its high percentage of military retirees.
"When I bought the first one, my husband, who is not a beach person, said, 'Oh, this is such a waste of money; the kids will never go,'” she told Vogue. “Then it got to the point where they used it so much I couldn't get in the place. So I bought another one.”
After reviewing the McCains’ taxes and disclosures for Politico, he declared their finances in ship-shape and their spending understandable when “put in perspective that the McCains are very wealthy.”

Source

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Barack Obama and his wife together make $1-1.5M per year, too. The McCain's certainly have more money than the Obama's, but both families are worth far more than the average American. It'll take the average factory worker about 40-50 years to make that much.

Neither of these people can relate to the average voter.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What did she spend it on? It looks like it was a one month bill and I'm wondering what it was that she purchased that month.

She's a very wealthy woman. Perhaps it was something for her business. (something to do with beer .. not sure though). Or perhaps it was a new home that she put on a charge card (rich people can do that).

It looks like it was a one month - big purchase - kind of thing.

She is definately a wealthy woman.
I don't know how/if she keeps herself grounded.
I don't know much about her at all.

join