It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death---peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
What do YOU think happens after death ?

Here's what I believe..currently. Sorta.

Perhaps when we die, we really do enter another dimension. Perhaps there is another world out there somewhere. Obviously there are other planets like Earth and obviously, there's intelligent life out there. What happens when they are not longer living creatures? Maybe we, as a species enter a world where humans are once again reunited, perhaps, there are no laws, no organized religion institutions, and perhaps no war nor violence. Could a world that peaceful exist? It's possible but of course it's not planet Earth. Due to war caused by religion, viruses, horrible violent acts against each other, starvation, our world is far from perfect.

Could we really never die and just continue into the next world? If so, would we be living There for all eternity?

Many followers of religion believe they will see their Holy Gods. But how accurate is that? What's the proof behind that? Millions of people believe in something and that makes it right? Question your religion, question your faith and question your existence. Did God really put two folks named Adam and Eve on this planet? Were dinosaur fossils really planted by God. Will you see a bunch of virgins when blow up a building? Will your faith be the winner when the world ends. Is the world even going end? Maybe the Bible is actually..not mythical. Maybe the Koran makes sense. Maybe religion makes SENSE. Is it really logical and possible to for each member of a different religious institution to see Their God when they depart from this world?

What do you think?

To be honest---why find out? It's only going to make living boring if we know what happens after death.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who ponders

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What about suicide? If one commits suicide, people are sad. But no one will have time for that when TSHTF. So, the questions remains, why wait?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Suicide is an interesting subject regarding to after life.

Also, if my theory of entering another world after death, what would we look like? Especially if we end up a horrible disfigured death?

thirstyghosts2.blogspot.com...

think some might find that link intriguing .

Along with roughly 30 other people, Chou has just finished a ritual called guanlingshu, or visiting the spirit world. More commonly known as guanluoyin, or visiting hell, the ritual is referred to, euphemistically, as the former by the temple -- though the rituals' purpose and significance are the same.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's wierd i've been dwelling on this thought lately, thanks for posting.

I believe we can not and will not ever know in our lifetimes what will happen when we die. We can imagine yes, but I highly doubt that we even come close to what it is really like.

It seems like people who believe in certain afterlifes, just use that belief as more of an assurance. If you THINK you know where you're going and whats happening when you die, than you will never have to worry about it, much less think about it.

I do like your theory though. It would be great if everything was peaceful.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Your theory is as good as any, when speculating about something that is very well hidden.
You can’t talk about life after death with out omitting reincarnation.
In the issue of life after death, I have find Paul Von Ward to be some how very close to what maybe the truth about this. And again this is only my sentiment.
If you like to hear the Paul Von Ward interview you can go to this link below.
video.google.com...=Paul%20Von%20Ward%20&hl=en&sitesearch=&dur=3
This independent scholar view reincarnation, not spiritually or religiously but “scientifically”.
He firmly believes that reincarnation is a natural path of man consciousness evolution.
I hope you enjoy the interview.

Kacou.

new topics

top topics

join