It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
These pictures are fantastic. I've just received them in an e-mail, so please forgive me when I can't provide a source link..hope that's ok..maybe someone knows where these come from?

My brother has just had two disks removed from his spine and was bored and was busilly surfing the net when he was sent these via e-mail and forwarded them to me. I'm glad he did so.

Kinda odd though as to how we can see the countries on the dark side...and also we can see a multitude of stars..anyone good enough with astrology to see if the star patterns are real and not just photoshopped in?

I love the 5th pic down..a sand storm blowing off the Sahara out over the Canary islands and onwards to the Atlantic.

Anyway, here they are..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Wow! No word can describe this.
I'd love to see that source and see what else they have lying around.

I find the images of cities at night amazing. I wonder if we could use that reference when looking at other planets from afar. To spot advanced civilizations.

But yes, Earth is beautiful
Let's keep it that way.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Stunning, and yes that 5th pic: beautiful. I worry a lot about the state of the planet and am prone to doom, doom, doom, but there's hope in there, if we care.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Awesome pics!

I think I see my apartment.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Great pics!
although im guessing all the ones of the earth and its "night time" lights near the end are computer generated due to lack of cloud cover and color.

Here's a link to a site with some amazing pictures as well.

Earth from space

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Excellent!

I LOVE our world.

I saw so many different faces and animals in the pictures, funny I wonder if others out there look at our planet and see faces like we do while gazing at the moon or looking at pictures of the face on Mars?

From the surface we look like paradise...

Maybe one day.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
wow, a galaxy of stars upon our own planet! love the night/day shots!
thanks for posting such ornamental images of this blue ball.

top topics

join