It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you drink fluoridated water?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
How many of you drink tap water which is fluoridated? Just wondering.

I myself drink non-fluoridated water from 5 gallon jugs filled up at a water store.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not since 1997. Our town fluorinator broke and has not been fixed

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
ive drank it all my life and still do

i rarely get ill and i dont see what the big problem is, i got strong teef too

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I must point out, that if the fluorinator was working. I'd buy my water buy the jug.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
These are some reasons why I don't drink tap water that has fluoride intentionally added into it.

Health risks

While the available data is sometimes contradictory, water fluoridation has been linked to:

* A weakening of bones, leading to an increase in hip and wrist fracture.[25]

* Liver damage, impaired kidney function, and fluorosis in children.[26]

* Cancer.[27] Available data is conflicting, but osteosarcoma (a rare bone cancer) has been shown to be associated with fluoride exposure, including fluoridated water, in humans and animals.[28][29][30]

* Increased uptake of lead.[31][32]

* Chromosomal damage and interference with DNA repair.[33][34][10]

* A lowering of IQ.[35]

* Inhibition of melatonin production and promotion of precocious puberty in animal studies.[36] Fluoride may have an analogous inhibitory effect on human melatonin production, as fluoride accumulates readily in the human pineal gland, the brain organ responsible for melatonin synthesis.[37]

* A weakened immune system, leaving people vulnerable to the development of cancer and AIDS.[38][39]

* Damage to the male reproductive system in various species.[40]

* A disruption in endocrine function, especially in the thyroid.[41]

From en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm. " * A lowering of IQ.[35] " Maybe that is why I have the ability to think for myself and oppose the Governments' wrong doings because I don't drink the Government's water.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not unless nestle purelife water is flourinated.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Nope, they don't fluoridate their water, you're in the clear.

This is a pretty neat list that consist of bottled water companies that show who, or who doesn't fluoridate their water. www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
To my surprise fluoride collects and effects the pineal gland.

You say so what!?

Fluoride on Pineal

Pineal gland function.

The pineal gland has the same chemical melatonin, as used with psychedelic drugs.

Tripper gland

There are also some say we need the pineal gland for mind communication and third eye stuff. Its great stuff to read. Make your own conclusions though, some is pretty far out.

So if given a choice its no thank you on fluoride for me. My town does not use it in our water.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I am fortunate enough to drink and cook with 100% rainwater. I have a system that wastes approximately 12 gallons of water when we first get a rain, and afterward collects the rest in one of two concrete cisterns. We filter it somewhat to capture any physical particles, and chlorinate it to .2 ppm. We water plants and run the house with well water, pressurized by a 12V/deep cycle battery/5W PV cell.

If I were in a city center, I'd research and invest in a filtration system that would render my water to what I want it to be, and I would never buy bottled water again. First, you'll save money in six months or less, and second, you will be able to know yourself what you are ingesting, instead of relying on a possibly incomplete label on a bottle.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes I drink it.Alot of it.But from what I read it would seem it can have some health effects.Although none are proven 100% I think I might get a reverse osmosis filter.And see if it makes any difference.Although they may not be immediately apperant health effects they may take time to emerge.
Also other than fluoride there is chlorine.And many other things.
Apperantly showering in chlorinated water is like breathing in chloroform.
No wonder we feel so relaxed after a shower half zonked from the chloroform.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
Yes I drink it.Alot of it.But from what I read it would seem it can have some health effects.Although none are proven 100% I think I might get a reverse osmosis filter.And see if it makes any difference.Although they may not be immediately apperant health effects they may take time to emerge.
Also other than fluoride there is chlorine.And many other things.
Apperantly showering in chlorinated water is like breathing in chloroform.
No wonder we feel so relaxed after a shower half zonked from the chloroform.

Huh, I never knew that, now I do. Thanks

I found this website which talks about hot showers and chloroform.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I found a new filter, reasonably priced, that even gets the fluoride out

www.purewateressentials.com...

the only thing is, none of these take out the disease markers in the water

but it's way better than just regular tap water

I'd still add a living water machine AND an ionizer too because our water is still dead out of the tap, no life energy...

yeah I know, it's a lotr of money and a lot of drama...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gen0cide

Um, wrong. I'm looking at a bottle of Nestle Pure Life right now and it says right on the bottle it has 0.3 ppm fluoride ions. That is about 1/3 the amount fluoridated municipalities put in their water (1 ppm).

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by gen0cide

Um, wrong. I'm looking at a bottle of Nestle Pure Life right now and it says right on the bottle it has 0.3 ppm fluoride ions. That is about 1/3 the amount fluoridated municipalities put in their water (1 ppm).

I stand corrected.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
My area has a natural fluoride level from what I have been told, and so yes I do drink water with fluoride in it, although as its not added is it fluoridated?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriosityStrikes
My area has a natural fluoride level from what I have been told, and so yes I do drink water with fluoride in it, although as its not added is it fluoridated?

From Wikipedia:

Water fluoridation is the addition of a chemical to increase the concentration of fluoride ions in drinking water to reduce the incidence of tooth decay.[1] Fluoride compounds are found naturally in the ground water in some regions but not in others. Fluoridation chemicals are typically added to potable water in the form of sodium hexafluorosilicate or hexafluorosilicic acid (also known as hydrofluorosilic acid).

en.wikipedia.org...

No, it's not fluoridated, but it has fluoride in it.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
If you are unsure of whether or not you city water is fluridated, check here

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gen0cide

Ya, Nestle doesn't add any fluoride to the water, I don't think, it occurs naturally in the spring water around here. So, technically I guess it's not fluoridated, but there's fluoride in it.

I live in a fluoridated community, near Guelph, where Nestle Waters is situated. The water Nestle bottles is basically the same as our municipal water. The municipal water is bumped up to 1ppm. Though I don't drink much straight water, I have used it for everything my whole life. I'm relatively healthy (knock on wood), with no perceptible effects from fluoridation.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 11-7-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How about the rest of the World?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No I don't. I'm out in the country and we have a very deep drilled well. The water with fluoride tastes weird to me.

My teeth are okay even without the fluoride and my daughter has never had a cavity. That could be because of my strictness with the sugar though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join