It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird meditation experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this, or had any insight?

Last night I was meditating, which I have been doing for over a year now. I would call my normal meditation sort of an astral travel type thing- an out of body type experience.

I don't know why I decided to do this, but in the middle of meditating I decided to try to open my eyes. It was very difficult to do this, because again, I didn't feel exactly "connected" to my body if you know what I mean.

I normally meditate sitting up, in front of a mirror. When I opened my eyes, it was so weird. First of all I was like paralyzed (similar to what others have described about waking up and being paralyzed). The only thing I could do was blink. But even more than that I just looked weird. I don't know how to describe it other than it was totally surreal and I just looked fake or something.

I closed my eyes, continued to meditate, and then "came back".

Very odd... don't think I'll do it again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
You probably started seeing a different frequency range or even openned your self up to the spiritual world which is not a good idea unless it was was meant to be something good. Look at everyone's experiences and decide what you think is going on.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know what the heck I was seeing. All I know was that it was eerie.

I did it purely as an experiment, to see if I would "snap out of it" (the meditation) when I opened my eyes, but I did not.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Describe colours, forms patterns distortions and stuff or sounds or anything. What was the closest thing to art you can say it was?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
yeah when you are sleeping or meditating or in a trance your brainwaves change frequency. that might have had something to do with it. you may have been tranced out.

ive had that thing happen when i was sleeping once. its some crazy stuff! if nothing else it makes you wonder just what is reality?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You broke the Matrix.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
If you ain't on drugs, you better get on 'em!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Your experience is similar to something that I experience on occasion. Sometimes in a deep meditation, usually sitting in the living room chair, I'll decided to get up to go to bed. As i am walking up the stairs, I realize that it is very difficult to move. My legs feel heavy and paralyzed and it takes the greatest effort of will to turn my head. Then it suddenly occurs to me that I am still mediating and I find myself back sitting in the chair.

One friend suggested that this is almost astral travel. Many believe that there is an ethereal body that is denser that the astral and lies close to the physical body. Her suggestion is that the deepness of the meditation (this only happens when it is very deep) causes a loosening between the ethereal and physical bodies so that when I got up to go upstairs, my ethereal body went and just sort of forgot to bring my physical body along.

Seems like as good an explanation as any.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
When I was a child, I used to do this "weird" thing. I would sit in front of a mirror and repeat the phrase "This is me, this is me, this me" over and over until everything in the mirror outside of my own image would kind of fade away. My mirror image would start to look a little less "human" and kind of...I can't explain it- more like a lion or something...Lion isn't right... and I wasn't a kid- it was a mature image reflecting back...anyway....the important part was how I felt. I felt huge and timeless. I have been striving to get back there ever since. Congratulations on meditating over a year. Anytime something something weird happens, it means you're doing it right!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No, not on drugs, or drinking..

The only way I can describe it is that the room seemed very quiet--eerily so. My image looked fake, almost like a manequin or something and my skin seemed pale. I guess it could have looked like this because I was frozen and couldn't move, I don't know.

Yes, I have heard that your brain waves change when you are meditating. My breathing definately changes, to almost a shallow breathing.

During this meditation (and most of my others) I also felt weightless.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Im glad that more people are meditating. Or maybe its just that I am noticing it more.

I have experienced many similar journeys, both mentally and physically pure, and on psychedelic shrooms, peyote, ayahuasca, and mescaline( all perfectly legal with the proper documents on most reservations.)
It can be totally odd. My theory is that this state is achieved when enough dmt gets into your blood stream. Its like reality becomes a dream, and you realize that this dream world could perhaps be the true reality, after death.

My other theory, and its just a theory everyone else, but more a reality for me, is that we live in space time. Its opposite would be time space. If you contemplate, meditate on and seriously try and understand time space it would surely explain all weird stuff.
A background in metaphysics could help too...
but the main point, IMO, is that Thought creates reality and affects reality, in real time.

peace and positive energy

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It was like a twisted dream in that I was looking at myself in the mirror, but it was almost like I was someone else, looking at me--if that makes any sense.

Yes, I am interested in metaphysics although I haven't done any reading on it as of yet.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by philosopherrose

I had a similar story to yours @philosopherrose here it is:
i actually experienced a high level of (mediation) even though i wasn't meditating because i just couldnt? for some strange reason.
Long story short. I wasn't tired but wanted to meditate on bed siting upwards against the wall on bed.
For strange reason I couldnt mediate so I started to move around the bed to find a perfect spot. (with my eyes closed)
Once i found the perfect-spot I took off. (I know i wasn't sleeping) I couldnt feel my body. The gravity did not effect me. I felt like i have lost my body (paralyzed) I wasn't able to move any part of my body, nor was i able to open my eyes.
As i was drifting places i seen very strange scenarios in like strange way....
It got more serious. I accerlated beyond the speed of light or idk? but it was so intense I felt like I wasnt going to be able to come back... So i tried screaming but didn't work..
It was the strangest expierience i had thus far.
I think what i have accomplished is pretty much left the so called "matrix" consciously.
Further questions are welcomed.

new topics

top topics

join