It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you use the Ignore function?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have never used this function because I'm here for the discussion even if I'm proven wrong, even if there trolls.

Do you use this function and why?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nope.

Nobody to ignore.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've never personally used the ignore function and probably never will.

It's pretty detrimental to oneself, the ignored and ATS as a whole. (imo)

The mods do a good job sorting the wheat from the chaff anyway.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Nope, but I'm still a newbie here.

Hmmmm, who to ignore?

I can't find anyone, I love yah all! ~Arms Wide Open~ Hugs anyone?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I never have used it on the boards yet!

...hope I never have to either!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I suspect no one can hear me.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Dude, you make some weird comments for your replies, but who am I to judge. What ever floats your boat. Not like I've not written some lame reply in my day. So with that I say, "Have a weeeeezlebot Morning, Day or Night depending on your location of the hemiphere."

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
If I do it is only as a last resort and after much reluctance on my part. It is also always temporary- the members are eventually taken off.

Whenever I finally had to place someone on ignore, it is usually due to me having a constant problem with them that usually resulted in me getting in trouble because I couldn't help but mouth off whenever our paths crossed.
Then there was one user who very rarely left text comments. He would only post photos and videos for all of his replies. As I would be reading a thread, his multiple photos and videos would keep loading which resulted in the page scrolling down and I would lose my place. It was irritating.

Nobody is on my ignore list now, though. I finally made amends with the last person I was not getting along with on here and Mr. video spammer hasn't been around so that is that.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No I've never ever ignored anyone on any message board I've been on!

Trolls don't bother me infact I find them funny at times and if I don't like what they have to say I have the choice not to read it, however they may have something valuable to say one day and it's for that reason I would never put anyone on ignore besides if you put annoying people on ignore then it means they've won and I don't like losing

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I ignore the ignore button. I can pretty much ignore whoever I want to without the use of the little button. I've got two kids, I can block out whatever, whoever and whenever I want. But I'm with MrMysticism...I love everyone...the world needs more peace...and casseroles.

There was one member that I was close to hitting the little button on, they made a really sick, twisted post, but the mods got to it and all was good, well only after a week of therapy.....hehe.

Rush

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by Lysergic

Dude, you make some weird comments for your replies, but who am I to judge. What ever floats your boat. Not like I've not written some lame reply in my day. So with that I say, "Have a weeeeezlebot Morning, Day or Night depending on your location of the hemiphere."

Mr.M..That's Lysergics charm. He's as random a person as I've ever seen, and a great sense of humor to boot. You get used to it. His creativity never ends.

To answer the thread..I have a few members on ignore. One who posted it on the boards openly that I do, and with good reason.
If you piss me off immensely, I IGNORE YOU.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In my case, I've used the Ignore function only twice. In both times to temporarily hide a person's replys while I read the rest of the thread. This lets me read the thread without having to fight off the urge to strangle someone and therefore ruin my mood.

However this is only a temporary thing that I've only done twice. I can only remember the name of one of them in fact.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Whats going on...I know there is a thread here but no posts?!?!?
Better take everyone off ignore....

Really, I have never ignored anybody, and do not plan on it either. I have had some basic morons make stupid comments and accusations, but they are the ones I like to have fun with. If I cannot see their posts how can I mess with them?

[edit on 11/7/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I've experimented with the ignore button just to see how it works, but that's pretty much the extent of it.

To my knowledge I've only had one member actually announce that I was on ignore, but that member was fairly dense and has been post banned for nearly a month now. I've also had another member threaten to ignore me via u2u, but I've read where this particular member has pulled this ploy before.

But, nah, haven't ignored anyone.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I have never used the ignore button, and I don't think I ever will. If people want to flame me, that is of course their right, and I prefer to be aware of what they have to say to me. I also have to take responsibility for my own actions if I post something that may provoce other members.

And I want to add that I was very surprised when I joined ATS, which is about denying ignorance, and discovered that this forum actually has an ignore button at all!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yeah, I use the ignore button.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Yes i use it
just check my profile to see which trolls i ignore

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I think I would crawl into a hole if someone foe'd me. I'm into peace, let's all get along and all that. I can't imagine, with the exception of my husband and kids, that I could (change of words) 'tick' anyone off so much to get foe'd.

Or could I...........?

Rush

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Yes i use it

Very funny bodrul.........you can un-foe me now before I stock up on tissues and make an appointment with a therapist. I'm crawling into my cave now.

(devistated) Rush

top topics

<<   2 >>

join