It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Passes Unconstitutional Spying Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
I'm from Pennsylvania. Here we tell people to get off their lazy asses do things for themselves.

Coming from someone that monitors blogs and reposts rumors, I will take that under advisement. It is not that I am lazy, I find reading legal jargon very difficult. I will take at look at it when I have time and see what it is everyone has a problem with. I have been relying on what I have read from articles, and it seems the only ones complaining about this bill are the ones pointing out that Obama voted for it, therefor it MUST be wrong.

The U.S. cannot afford to have the next POTUS calling for troops to recite Miranda rights to terrorists as they prepare to detonate their next IED. Of course this is exactly what Barack, the intellectual lawyer, called for when he stated that terror suspects should have Constitutional rights.

Right, so now because he wants to reinstate habeas corpus (which more than likely will be done before Bush leaves office), again he must be wrong.

Tell me, how is it wrong when Obama votes on the FISA Bill allowing more flexibility for the government to track terrorists, and now you accuse him of helping them? I guess you think it is OK for the government to do whatever they want with terrorists, but you don't want to give them the means to catch them? You can't have it both ways. Oh, but that's right. Any decision Obama makes is automatically wrong, and that is that.

And for what it's worth, like I said I live in PA. Over the last few weeks every Obama supporter I know has totally soured on Obama. Even the most die hard Obama supporters I know are now saying they wonder if they Dems didn't make a bad choice by picking Obama over Hillary.

Maybe that's because people like you are spinning everything against him, and they are falling for it.

As far as whether this bill will have any impact or not, we will see. If by some remote chance you succeed in your efforts and McCain wins the election then we will still have a president that voted for this bill. Why is it, we don't hear you complaining about that?

[edit on 7/13/2008 by Hal9000]

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eaglewingz

Thank you for checking for me. I didn't notice the date. I guess they had to vote on this again because they added the compromise.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join