It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Stabbing In London 10/07/08

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Okay I am getting so damn sick of Americans preaching about OUR rights, or lack of them, showing absolutely no knowledge of our way of life at all, in fact with no logic at all either.

Let me ask, when was the last time you visited the UK? Never? Didn't think so. You make it so blatantly obvious that you have little or no idea about that way our lives are lived, yet you seem to think you have the answer to all of our problems.

For example, we have one guy here telling us just how BAD life is in the US. "Memphis has people getting shot all time" along those lines, and yet you're telling us that our law's / rights are all wrong!??!

ANOTHER STABBING IN LONDON!! You say it's insignificant on your scale, then surely OUR way is MUCH better!? You're basically saying that you should be allowed to arm yourselves because it works better there, while at the same time saying that there's a LOT more crime there.

This makes absolute 0 sense to me. If things are worse there, then so are your laws, obviously, or things would be worse here no? Thus the fact that when there is a stabbing over here it makes the headlines CLEARLY shows that we have less crime here, and that we're more shocked when it does happen. Showing that our laws are definitely much better.

As for saying "Well if everyone has a gun, then no one will dare to pull one on the other" That's absolute bollocks, people will pull the knives if they don't have a gun, knives you can run away from. You can't out run a bullet can you?

I understand the logic, basically if Russia is threatening the UK with nukes, then the best defence the UK can get would be to aquire it's own nukes, which insures that if we're attacked, they are too. I understand this, but what you don't seem to understand is that if neither of them had any nukes, then the problem wouldn't be there in the first place.

As for preaching about our rights, we are a FREE society. I can walk about say or do whatever I want, within reason. The rules that are there are there for a purpose, and they serve that purpose well. You guys over there get shot all the time according to yourselves. Why don't we? THE LAWS! THAT'S WHY!

So basically, think about things harder before coming around here and telling us how to run our own show, when clearly we're a lot well of than you are.

/rant

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i lived in the UK for 8 years, even married me a nice Cambridge girl, and while gun crime isnt as bad, petty crime is insane and gets worse and worse, even with CCTV. i would however remind our friends in the UK of one Tony Martin.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
i lived in the UK for 8 years, even married me a nice Cambridge girl, and while gun crime isnt as bad, petty crime is insane and gets worse and worse, even with CCTV. i would however remind our friends in the UK of one Tony Martin.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yesterday someone shot a cop here in Amsterdam, she died.
Violence is increasing faster and faster.

I wonder when it will stop.
Im guessing at the point that there is no-one left to use violence against

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Wake up my friend, americans are playing world police for centurys, not just now.
They always know better, even while statistics show they suck at what they want to tell you to do better.

I have gotten mad about it too, more then once, but it doesnt help, so dont worry about it anymore, its only negative energy. You cant get the arrogance away from the people that invented it

Its not a coincidence you know, that 80 percent of this planets population hates the USA!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
You have to do what crocodile dundee did in his movie when the thugs pull a knife, you look amused, say, thats naw a knife lad, pull your 15 inch blade and say, now, this be a knife. As the perps look on in horror before they turn and run.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
People get stabbed all the time in my city, I fail to see the significance of this post. Perhaps the British police and civilians should better arm themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join