It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cigar Shape UFO Pictures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Look at the city! Your not gonna tell me that you was the only person to see this blatantly obvious bright light in the sky? Also i don't know about the rest of you but when i take a picture i normally focus the subject dead in the middle so why is it half way across the picture? Smell a rat.....

[edit on 11-7-2008 by skeppo]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well, I dont know a lot about shutter speed (which is shown in the EXIF data). But to me, it looks like most of the city lights below are blurred. So IMO this could just be a plane/helicopter with a light that is blurred.

For example:

Long exposure of a helicopter:

Long exposure of a plane:

[edit on 11-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

lol, thats a really good point you got there.
The photos look cool though, with all the nice city lights and the in the middle is this bright cigar type shape.

-fm

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Very kewl! I see something that looks very similar, or rather I have seen something like it, me and my hubby were seeing this thing every morning at sunrise, just before we would get off from work, I am approx. 4 miles from where he works at night, but we would see the same thing. But we haven't seen it now for a couple of weeks. I did take a pic of it before my camera went kaput, but all I got looked like a tiny dot, nothing significant like you have captured. I would star and flag this thread if I knew how.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Don't think that I can get behind this one. It look like a long exposure to me, as some have stated here.

I see steaks of light just like that when I take a crappy picture.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I may be confusing the value of Exposure time: 16 with 16 /1000 of a second of something similar but if that value is in seconds then we are looking at a night time shot with a 16 second exposure.

The object is then (if correct) no longer a cigar shape but a point of light, which in turn moves us away from the potential cigar craft option to:

- A planet
- A star
- A plane (i guess unlikely due to no red / green lights)
- A helicopter (i guess unlikely due to no red / green lights)

The only element that points to something more interesting than the above options would be the OP's account of the event, stating eratic movement and disappearing reappearing, we can only take his word for this as theres no video.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If it is a sheegar UFO, perhaps they came through to check out the numerous fires in Cali

But those exposure shots above are pretty convincing... the coming in and out of sight is the interesting aspect.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lizard King
reply to post by flice

I don't know what you are talking about. I might have exif data, I might not. What is it?

It's metadata that your camera or processing software stamp into the image file. It usually includes things like shutter speed, whether or not the flash fired, etc.

And please upload the original size image.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Seeing that picture reminded me a lot of that movie Star Trek 4, you know the one that they have to go back in time to bring back the whales... It looks a lot like that probe from the movie. First thing I thought of.

Not a trekkie, promise.

Captain! There be whales here!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think it's a giant [snip], or maybe just one of those plastic bag thingy.
I know what it isn't though, it isn't extraterrestrial.
Oh dear.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Lizard King
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks, ArMap. It's always good to have someone around who is tech savvy.

Well, I dont know about that. Armap just bustet your whole thread.
the image was taken with 16 seconds shutterspeed.
You said it was moving! Well, if it was moving, it would have made light tracks on the image. It hasn't. You lie, case closed..

Edit: nice post GEL , I didn't mind go to page 2 since ArMap already posted the EXIF data. There is actually nothing more to discuss in this thread. Not only does the OP lie about the image, its allso a very common effect that all in this forum should be aware of now!

[edit on 11-7-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by willywagga
I think it's a giant [snip], or maybe just one of those plastic bag thingy.
I know what it isn't though, it isn't extraterrestrial.
Oh dear.

I guess your ID tells it all huh?

you probably raised a laugh amongst the very young members with your comment, here all you did was make me mutter something under my breath that rhymed with (never mind) i want to keep my membership.

Never the less the maturity of some posts on ATS recently speak volumes about ability to communicate.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by The Lizard King

Looks like space junk coming back home.
Which is unusual because the US usually steers them into
somebody elses backyard, so it must be foreign junk.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
Seeing that picture reminded me a lot of that movie Star Trek 4, you know the one that they have to go back in time to bring back the whales... It looks a lot like that probe from the movie. First thing I thought of.

Not a trekkie, promise.

Captain! There be whales here!

Damnit, you beat me to it.

My first thought was long exposure time.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
People seem to foget that an UFO is a Unidentified Flying Object! Now with that in mind, it could be anything. When people talk about UFO! Shortly after you here the words, aliens.

At the end of the day the objects we see, are projects the government are working on. Thats it, nothing else to it. You ask for information about this and you get nothing. Not that it is of alien origin but its top secret government projects. I am not saying that nothing out there exsists. ( That would be stupid ) I am saying, that you could talk about these objects for as long as you like but the thing is. You personally need to see, touch and have hard physical evidence of your findings. Because without it. Your just another nutjob they mark off on there list.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
You know, I wanted so badly to believe this guy. In fact, I looked up information about his camera to prove that it couldn't possibly have a 16 second shutter speed. Who needs 16 seconds of exposure?

Well...

Long time exposure 1/2-16 seconds

KODAK LS753 Zoom Digital Camera

Originally posted by ArMaP
First Image
---- IFD0 ----
Make : EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model Name : KODAK LS753 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
X Resolution : 230
Y Resolution : 230
Resolution Unit : inches
Y Cb Cr Positioning : Co-sited
Reference Black White : 0 255 128 255 128 255
---- ExifIFD ----
Exposure Time : 16

Second Image
---- IFD0 ----
Make : EASTMAN KODAK COMPANY
Camera Model Name : KODAK LS753 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA
X Resolution : 230
Y Resolution : 230
Resolution Unit : inches
Y Cb Cr Positioning : Co-sited
Reference Black White : 0 255 128 255 128 255
---- ExifIFD ----
Exposure Time : 16

However, the hard core conspiracist in me can't just leave it at that.

ArMap, where did you get these "larger" files?

The UFOs on The Lizard King's photobucket account are 125Kb
Your EXIF data is from files that are well over 200Kb

Also, the date of your post is the 10th, but the EXIF files last date of modification is the 11th.

---- ExifTool ----
ExifTool Version Number : 7.34
---- File ----
File Name : cigar1.jpg
Directory : xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
File Size : 283 kB
File Modification Date/Time : 2008:07:11 01:34:57

Now I understand that the actual act of copying the file will alter this date, however, you inserted this information into your post later. I'm just covering all of my bases as the fact that I cannot view this EXIF data for myself is bugging me.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by theaddj
It's a streetlight.

Uh. Yeah. Obviously you aren't looking at the same picture we are.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
great pic i say its authentic

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think that is awesome input star from me...thats exactly what it is...a long exposure of a helicopter or plane...most logical explanation usually is the right one

Good Day
Skept!cal

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i live in sac, and man do i miss the days when gas was cheap and a trip to santa cruz during the hot summer months was the BEST, rock candy, the waves, the boardwalk, the giant dipper babbyy!!!

if your telling me that it was there for an hour, didnt act like a blimp or heli,and of course its not on a mountain range in the distance

than im gonna tell you what it is. UFO

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join