It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk referee helped off field in Belarus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I find this news to be so hilarious, i had to share it, lol

MINSK, Belarus (AP) -- Referee Sergei Shmolik was helped off the field with back pain while officiating a Belarus league match, but later was shown to be drunk. :w:
In TV footage shown Wednesday on Russian television, Shmolik staggered as he was helped off the field at the end of Saturday's match. :w:
The Belarusian sports Web site Presball reported that the crowd in Vitebsk stadium, where the local team was hosting Naftan, was amused with the referee's strange behavior through the second half. :w:
Shmolik was hardly moving by the end of the match, which ended in a 1-1 draw, officiating from the central circle by the end of the game. :w:
Presball said Shmolik got help after the match but later was taken to the hospital for a test, which showed high levels of alcohol in his system. :w:
The Belarus football federation said Shmolik's case will be subject to a disciplinary committee.

Source: CNN sports

What a crazy idea to get drunk between 1st and 2nd half
I've never heard before anything like this from a referee.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
hahaha ! that rocks !, i bet it made the game that little more interesting lol, some times when ive been playing i thought our ref was drunk.

Fox

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The players should have taken his red card out of his pocket and shown it to him.

JbT

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I saw this video today on the sports channel here. WoW, this guy was # faced drunk.

He was basically pretending to have a back problem when they were taking him off the pitch. All the time he was staggering just trying not to fall over.

Would have loved to hear him speak too.

top topics

join