It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama assails McCain adviser for 'whiners' remark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Obama assails McCain adviser for 'whiners' remark

news.yahoo.com

Democrat Barack Obama ridiculed an economic adviser to Republican rival John McCain on Thursday for dubbing the United States "a nation of whiners" and suggesting the country is in a "mental recession."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's easy for the former senator from Texas, who is currently a vice chairman of a Swiss bank, to belittle the average citizen and call them a "nation of whiners."

Things like soaring food prices, outrageous gas prices and record home foreclosures are not figments of our imagination. I'm surprised that Gramm was crass enough to even utter such a statement, considering he is an advisor to McCain.

This attitude is more than just spin. It is an outright conspiracy to lull this nation into a false sense that everything is A-okay. Well, it's not.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
While his choice of words was unfortunate, the analysis is correct. There has been no recession. America is talking itself into a recession, with the help of the news media.

The media affects consumer confidence.

They never bashed the economy this much when there was similar unemployment, inflation, growth, etc. and Clinton was POTUS.

At least that's my two Amero's view of the deal.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Then McCain once again denounces another conservative supporter.

McCain is just making it so hard for me to support him.

It's hard enough to let his Global Warming Hoax support, and his illegal alien support to pass. But every other day denouncing conservative supporters is getting old.

As much as the media wants there to be a recession, there are no signs of it. High gas prices? Blame the Democrats and Enviro-whackos for limiting supply and keeping us dependent on foreign countries for oil.

I'm sure the media was very disappointed when Hurricane Bertha fizzled out. They sure hyped that one up a bit, and they will do the same when the next tropical disturbance pops up. They just want to scare people. They more scared the public is the more likely they are to tune in.

It's amazing with all the alternative media out there that people still allow themselves to be brainwashed by the drive-by media.

new topics

top topics

join