It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future in Revalations of the Bible. Christian View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey guys I was trying to figure where best to put this thread I chose here because I wanted a true Biblical faith based answers and not futuristic idea logic answers.

I am not even sure who the one man is called in the Bible in Revelations, but most people call him the anitchrist, the beast, if you ever saw Left Behind or read the series, his name was Nicoli.

Well I know thats not his real name but I am going to refer to the devils christ, this man as Nicoli.

Here comes the question.

If any man was to come to power somehow, and be from middle eastern decent, be good with talking, people loved him, and he had dreams to make peace I would seriously think he would be somewhat of this man in Revelations.

So the question is to Christians, who believe the Bible 100%. Would we as Christians notice the Nicoli before he revealed himself as the anti-christ?
and if he is here, now, and we know it. what are we going do about it?

I dont care about pre trip, post tribulation rapture junk, its not a big deal to me if people are raptured before or after all this, but if the tribulation was to begin, and it is on our front door steps. I would venture to say that sitting on my computer talking to you guys on the internet, watching movie, going to school, going to work would pointless because of the immense intense things that are about to happen and change the world as we know it.

edit to add: information from site about anti-christ

anti-christ

#

We may expect the following:
#

His age may be 30 to 50, when he comes forth-ref Lk 3:23
#

He is the son of Satan-ref Gen 3:15
#

He uses his own name-ref Jn 5:43
#

The number of his name is 666-ref Rev 13:17,18
#

He may be a member of the EEC at this time-ref Dan 9:26
#

He could hold a position of importance in the EEC-COV
#

He may be good-looking-ref Ezek 28:12
#

He may be very charismatic and dynamic-COV
#

He may be a diplomat of some type or diplomatic-COV
#

He should be single-ref Dan 11:37-COV (Jesus was single; it would be very difficult for the Jews to receive a
married person as being God and their Messiah)
#

He may be an Assyrian-ref Mic 5:6; Isa 30:31
#

He should be a Jew-ref Dan 11:37 (it would seem he would have to be a Jew to be accepted by the Jews as their Messiah)
#

He could come from the tribe of Dan-ref Gen 49:17; Rev 7
#

He comes forth out of the revived Roman Empire-ref Dan 9:26
#

He will be extremely intelligent-ref Ezek 28:12
#

He will be very proud and confident-ref Dan 8:25; 11:37
#

He will be bold-COV
#

His look will be very stout or intimidating-ref Dan 7:20
#

He will have the characteristics of his father, Satan-ref Gen 3:15; COV
#

He will be very evil, a liar, deceitful, cunning, and persuasive-COV
#

He will be able to lie and deceive the masses-ref Rev 13:8-COV
#

People will eventually be positive that he is wonderful and truthful-COV
#

People will eventually be positive that he is the Christ-ref Rev 13
#

People will eventually be positive that he is God-ref 2 Thes 2:4; Rev 13
(Additional information about what he does and speaks should come forth later in the text in a chronological order.)

[edit on 10-7-2008 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ragster

You've certainly got potential for a long thread here!

I just thought I'd wade in with a brief comment to get the ball rolling, (presuming no-one else has already responded).

Throughout history people (including Bible-believing Christians) have identified this mysterious figure with someone among their own contemporaries, from Roman emperors to popes, from Stalin to Hitler, and so forth. In our own day some would point to current politicians. I've even heard a member of the British royal family mentioned, with a book and accompanying DVD available, all for the knock-down price of... (well you've heard it all before).

I think all Christians have a view on this question, and I have my own ideas and theories. However, knowing there are so many possibilities and there is a natural human tendency to believe things happening in 'my day' are more significant than what happened at other times, I believe the name of the game should be caution.

It seems to me it is far more likely people will suspect the wrong person than figure out who it is ahead of time. Past evidence would appear to back this up.

This is not to say such a figure could not appear in our lifetime. It is simply a matter of not jumping on a bandwagon when a particularly brutal and wicked man comes to power. Putting myself in the shoes of Christians who lived through World War II it must have seemed very likely Hitler was the one prophesied. Yet in the context of the overall history of the world he was simply another passing nightmare.

The only thing I'll say about my own interpretation is that I believe many people fulfill the role of an anti-christ-like figure, and this can be seen both in history and in our own day. Here's a little taster of where I'm coming from:

...every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist; you have heard that he is coming, and he is already in the world now.

1 John 4:3

That was written in the days of the apostles!

The Scripture also clearly states that many people fulfill this type of role:

...as you have heard "Antichrist is coming," even now many antichrists have come.

1 John 2:18

My personal take, in general terms, is therefore that Christians are better off getting on with the day-to-day business of serving God faithfully as opposed to wondering about cataclysmic end-time events which may never happen in our lifetime. If, on the other hand, they do - common, down-to-earth faithfulness will mean we are ready for such times.

[edit to add an omitted word]

[edit on 10/7/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
well it is in play and we are about to hit those times.

1. We have the technology now to destroy the entire planet.

2. everything is in play to set up the ultimate martial law and enforce on US residents a micro chip or something that has to do with economy.

3. The last world war WW3 has been predicted years ago and it was said to be invloving chemical gases from nukes. Even scripture points to this when Jesus said if those days had not been shortened (no) life would be left. Because this war would wipe everything out.

4. Israel Iran could be the start of WW3

5. The culture becomes more vicious and vicious and lustful. Girls at holloween dress like sluts now, this damn crap didn't happen when I was a kid in the (90)s.

It's time, and we need to pray beyond measure for souls.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

5. The culture becomes more vicious and vicious and lustful. Girls at holloween dress like sluts now, this damn crap didn't happen when I was a kid in the (90)s.

You`re just missing out of the life that the younger generation enjoys.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No no. I loved halloween, I'm only 26. But you see it was more innocent and fun, now girls are dressed as damn sluts.

the viciousness is everywhere especially on the net, I wouldn't call that fun.

watching sports, eating out, playin Bball, yes. Viciousness, hell no.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
there are 4 scriptures that mention the antichrist (at least in the KJV), all of them were written by john

1John.2: [18] Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

[22] Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1John.4:[3] And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2John.1:[7] For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

honestly i dont understand where this obsession with one person comes from, from the sound of the scriptures, any person or organization who is apostate is the antichrist.

some of the scriptures you quoted too are misapplied

for example, he may be good looking and intelligent - ezk 28:12, this refers to the son of man. "son of man" is a title of christ.

matt 16:[13] When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

sorry, i didnt read your post fully.

i agree with him

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
ragster said : "Would we as Christians notice the Nicoli before he revealed himself as the anti-christ? and if he is here, now, and we know it. what are we going do about it?"

The elect would recognize him but most would be deceived. God always sets aside a remnant of true and faithful believers. It's not possible for the elect to be deceived, they can't be snatched out of his hand, and it's for their sake the last days are shortened.

If he were here now, there's nothing that can be done. It's all been pre-determined and will run it's course in due time.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

honestly i dont understand where this obsession with one person comes from, from the sound of the scriptures, any person or organization who is apostate is the antichrist.

People seem to substitute the Image of the Beast in the Book of Revelation for the Anti-Christ.
Maybe it sounds more distinctive and has a more powerful impact, than saying The Image.
I hear it all the time, people talking about the anti-christ in Revelation.
Its not in there but you can not get people to change their minds.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by miriam0566

People seem to substitute the Image of the Beast in the Book of Revelation for the Anti-Christ.
Maybe it sounds more distinctive and has a more powerful impact, than saying The Image.
I hear it all the time, people talking about the anti-christ in Revelation.
Its not in there but you can not get people to change their minds.

i thought the beast was a political entity.... i think

new topics

top topics

join