It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress KNOWS Eminent marshal law plan, ENDof 08

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I just came across the congressional site that has the transcript of the house leading up to the secret session. Some very interesting stuff. Thank God for Denis Kucinich. This was directly before that secret session. It was revealed that the last time congress met in secret was 1983 to discuss the Iran Contra affair in "secret".

Man, this is scary stuff.

Hoyer: The minority whip came to me
indicating that there were things he thought the Members ought to have
knowledge of that he was of the opinion could not be divulged in public
debate. There is a provision under our rules to accomplish that
objective. After discussion with him and limitation on the time so that
we could, in fact, get to a vote on what we believe is very important
legislation, we have agreed to this arrangement. Again, it's limited,
but we did not want to be nor are we in the position of saying to the
minority whip if he has such information that we want to preclude that
from being offered, because we want no indication that any information
is being withheld.

Kucinich responds:

Mr. KUCINICH. My friend has said two things. One is that there's an assumption that it's going to be about FISA, and another one is that there is going to be a debate of sorts. When I asked the question if you are aware of whether or not anything like this has happened before, we are talking about specific legislation that is before this House, would the gentleman know what the precedent for this is? Is this unprecedented that the House of Representatives would be meeting in secret preliminary to legislation that it intends to pass? I haven't experienced this in my time; and for information purposes, I would ask the gentleman, who has been here, I think 26, 28 years, if in his experience he can remember that.

Mr. HOYER. I thank the gentleman. In responding to him, I believe, and I'm not, frankly, absolutely positive, and I am hoping that somebody perhaps on the Intelligence Committee staff or others in the House knows, but I believe that during the early 1980s, 1983, on Contragate there was such a session.

Mr. KUCINICH. When?
Mr. HOYER. In 1983.
Mr. KUCINICH. On what?
Mr. HOYER. Contragate.
Mr. KUCINICH. Iran-Contra?
Mr. HOYER. Yes.
Mr. KUCINICH. Was that before the hearings or after the hearings?
Mr. HOYER. I don't know the answer to that question.

Still reading through it. Can you say SHADY?

Source

[edit on 10-7-2008 by TruthWithin]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

I just want to say that I'm not sure I believe 100% that this is truth, but it is certainly a possibility. I'm just saying that saying it can't be true because the MSM didn't report it is absurd.

There is a difference between the MSM saying the economy sucks and its Bush's fault and this. See, this story involves both political parties, not just one. They will show things that prove one party or the other is dumb, but nothing ever to serious. For example, Fox will attack Obama, and MSNBC will attack McCain, but they will never report on issues that would implicate both parties (unless it was something minor). They also hesitate to report the most serious accusations against the administration, and report almost nothing on independent politicians or people that are Republican or Democrat but are way against the system.

Read the link in the post above, as it shows how little the MSM cares about being unbiased. If your right that the MSM would jump on this, why did they hardly mention Kucinich's articles of impeachment? Why was Ron Paul hardly ever talked about, despite the fact that he was highly critical of Bush and at one time was breaking fund raising records?

The reason is that the two parties are controlled by the same people. The game the media plays is to point the finger at one party or another (but never point out anything to criminal) so that the average US citizen chooses a party and blames all of the problems on the other, as opposed to realizing how horrible both parties are.

Above all else, never forget this. The MSM was 100% behind the invasion of Iraq, and never questioned the WMD story. Now we come to find that one of the reasons for this is that they were intentionally letting CIA employees be perceived as independent analysts. Instead of asking questions of the administration, they helped them sell their war to the people. Again, I encourage everyone to read this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And why isn't Kucinich President?

Mr. KUCINICH. I just want to point out something here, Madam Speaker, as this House proceeds on this track. There are some of us here who feel that this country has drifted towards a version of a national security state. When the House begins to meet in secret on matters that relate to security prior to legislative acts, it raises questions about the Constitution of the United States. I know I am familiar with my friends' awareness that the Constitution gives the Congress the ability to make its own rules. I also understand from the first amendment that Congress wouldn't restrict any establishment of free speech. This is the citadel of free speech. This is the only place in America that someone can stand and say anything they want at any time and be free from any kind of a legal attack. Once we close that up, we're changing the nature of it at a time when this country's at war, when there have been questions raised about secret meetings and what was told with respect to torture, about secret meetings and what was told with respect to rendition, about secret meetings and what was told with respect to private corporations doing wiretapping.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This little passage is very revealing. The radio host mentions part of the information being House and Congressmen being put into jeopardy by all of the civil unrest. Check this out...very telling.

And it is a very bad precedent for this House to get into the business of conducting any of its business in secret, except, and Mr. Blunt appears to provide the exception, except under a circumstance where there's classified material on something as important as the security of our families. And so long as we have set out all the parameters of the meeting in the agreement, then I have no problem with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Yes, this is exactly what I was talking about in my first post on this thread, but I though it was Paul Instead of Kucinich. He ends by saying that all of the meetings that he has ever attended were had outright lies told and therefore he wouldn't attend.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hoax! The only reason I flagged this thread is so I could dig it up on Jan 1, 2009 and create a new post saying, "Hey I thought the U.S. economy was supposed to have collapsed by now?" like all of the other doomsayers threads I've been flagging and plan on rubbing in the OPs faces when they don't come true.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Where in the OP did i say this is true, i said _IF_ this is true. If its not then great no economic collapse. in 08, but there will be one. the way the US dollar is going. the unending invasion of Iraq, most likely the up coming invasion of Iran,borrowing endless amounts of money. eventually something has to give.

If you cant see the writing on the wall then i feel sorry for you.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by thedangler]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by matth
I remember reading about that closed door session back in the spring, and was starting to wonder if any additional information would come out.

Ya...amazing how time flies and I posted the "Closed Session" of US House of Representatives back in March. No one really wanted to take notice and now somehow things are starting to materialize.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

"Closed Session" of US House of Representatives

I have not had an opportunity to sift through ATS to see if there has been a thread about his. But here goes...

Thursday, March 13, 2008
LAST NIGHTS SESSION WAS ONLY THE FOURTH TIME IN 176 YEARS THAT CONGRESS CLOSED ITS DOORS TO THE PUBLIC
Word has begun leaking from last nights special, closed-door session of the United States House of Representatives.
Not only did members discuss new surveillance provisions as was the publicly stated reason for the closed door session, they also discussed:

the imminent collapse of the U.S. economy to occur by September 2008,

the imminent collapse of US federal government finances by February 2009,

the possibility of Civil War inside the USA as a result of the collapse,

advance round-ups of "insurgent U.S. citizens" likely to move against the government,

The detention of those rounded-up at "REX 84" camps constructed throughout the USA,

the possibility of retaliation against members of Congress for the collapses,

the location of "safe facilities" for members of Congress and their families to reside during expected massive civil unrest

the necessary and unavoidable merger of the United States with Canada (for its natural resources) and with Mexico (for its cheap labor pool),

the issuance of a new currency - THE AMERO - for all three nations as the proposed solution to the coming economic armageddon.

Members of Congress were FORBIDDEN to reveal what was discussed. Several are so furious and concerned about the future of the contry, they have begun leaking info. More details coming later today and over the weekend.

www.fourwinds10.com...

www.daily-jeff.com...

www.redtram.com...

www.godlikeproductions.com...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You people need to read the freakin' Bible, it talks all about this stuff that's going on folks, seriously, you can't deny it, it's a prophesy being fullfilled.

Revelation 13:1-18
1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

What it will be is that there will be a One World Government (The Beast), devided into seven "sections" which will become seven new countries that have ten overseers (the ten horns with crowns), but they are all one mind.
One of these new countries will be destroyed/collapse (most likely the NAU) and it will become a vile place full of violence and desease. All hope will seem lost, but then a being will come from somewhere here on (or beneath) the earth and will do all kinds of miracles and great things, he will revive the country that died out and will iniciate the RFID Chip, the mark of the government that will be beneath the skin or in the mindset of people all over the world, and those of us who push it away will be captured and killed, cause we, are the terroists... to the NWO that is.

Times are going to get tough folks, Yeshua is the only way to be prepared, start a relationship with God today folks.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If I was in charge of creating a Global Government - - first thing I would do is equalize the world economy.

By bringing down higher economic countrie-s - - and building up lower economic countries.

One way to do that is move manufacturing to lower payscales - - make those who lost industry become a country of consumers. When the jobs are gone - individual depts become unmanageable - and you have economic collapse.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

You are forgetting a simple yet utterly terrifying fact!

The government has technology to stop masses of people!

The scary part is we have no idea what they are capable of.....

Millions of angry people with guns against a superior fighting force capable of stopping any nation on earth. Id say we would have a slim chance of taking back the constitution.......

Im all for it though!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Hmmmm, the day they had the secret meeting was the day Oklahoma house of reps declared soverntey from the federal gov't. The bill passes 92-3 in their house.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, that was a great track!!! Star and Flag.

I always wondered what that closed door session was all about.

It is curious to me that we haven't heard a peep from the Senate about their part in all of this. I guess we'll know soon enough, right?

Great post!!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
All the classical signs of a hoax....

...Only conspiracy sites got the leak
...No evidence for it what so ever
...Playing up to the hopes and fears of what conspiracy theorists want to happen

And on, and on, and on. I guess this just proves that if you tell people what they want to believe, they will believe it in the absence of all evidence. Its quite logical as to why this is a hoax - if any congress person was truly concerned about the things the video claims they were talking about, just leak it to the mass media. The media lives for stuff like that. They love to instill utter panic.

Hey there Light Bulb... your red target is showing.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just in case anyone still thinks Big Media hasn't been bought and paid for years ago, this old Rolling Stone/Carl Bernstein article is quite compelling,

danwismar.com...

The history of the CIA's involvement with the American press continues to be shrouded by an official policy of obfuscation and deception . . . .

Among the executives who lent their cooperation to the Agency were William Paley of the Columbia Broadcasting System, Henry Luce of Time Inc., Arthur Hays Sulzberger of the New York Times, Barry Bingham Sr. of the Louisville Courier-Journal and James Copley of the Copley News Service. Other organizations which cooperated with the CIA include the American Broadcasting Company, the National Broadcasting Company, the Associated Press, United Press International, Reuters, Hearst Newspapers, Scripps-Howard, Newsweek magazine, the Mutual Broadcasting System, The Miami Herald, and the old Saturday Evening Post and New York Herald-Tribune. By far the most valuable of these associations, according to CIA officials, have been with The New York Times, CBS, and Time Inc.

Pardon me, I just thought it worth noting

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
You people need to read the freakin' Bible, it talks all about this stuff that's going on folks, seriously, you can't deny it, it's a prophesy being fullfilled.

Its no prophesy. When you are a banking cartel or global elite with all the money (Trilllions) you can stage events to make people THINK its a prophesy. Kinda damning if you really think about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75
Besides too many laws were made allowing the rich not to pay taxes

Man, everything you post is always wrong or perhaps you are intentionally being disingenuous.

Here are the facts:
"The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul­dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per­cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes."

Source

Do you understand?
The top 50% of wage earners pay 97% of the taxes!

For crying out loud, how much more do people who actually provide jobs, create goods and provide services actually have to pay?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grambler
I just want to say that I'm not sure I believe 100% that this is truth, but it is certainly a possibility. I'm just saying that saying it can't be true because the MSM didn't report it is absurd.

Not really - I mean its not like anything the mass media reports is always the truth, but there is (usually) at least a small chance that it could be true when they report it. The standards for the mass media to report something and make a big deal out of it in terms of proof are fairly low. And since we are constantly told the End is Nigh by the media, this would be an excellent source. If it had even the smallest chance of being true. It does not.

There is a difference between the MSM saying the economy sucks and its Bush's fault and this. See, this story involves both political parties, not just one. They will show things that prove one party or the other is dumb, but nothing ever to serious. For example, Fox will attack Obama, and MSNBC will attack McCain, but they will never report on issues that would implicate both parties (unless it was something minor). They also hesitate to report the most serious accusations against the administration, and report almost nothing on independent politicians or people that are Republican or Democrat but are way against the system.

Actually its a republican bashing fest on MSNBC and CNN, and a democrat bashing fest on Fox. As all networks employee party spin-meisters, it would be easy to take this and spin it as the democrats meeting in secret to try to save us all from George Bush, who the media tell us is the evil one.

Read the link in the post above, as it shows how little the MSM cares about being unbiased. If your right that the MSM would jump on this, why did they hardly mention Kucinich's articles of impeachment? Why was Ron Paul hardly ever talked about, despite the fact that he was highly critical of Bush and at one time was breaking fund raising records?

Kucinich isn't taken seriously because he routinely trys to impeach everyone he disagrees with. He knows hes not going to get anywhere with it, and he only does it to get the left-wing nuts and conspiracy woo-woo's excited. Ron Paul WAS talked about when he was relevant. At some point, when a candidate has no chance of winning or making a dent in the election, he or she is no longer going to be talked about - regardless of his or her politics.

The reason is that the two parties are controlled by the same people. The game the media plays is to point the finger at one party or another (but never point out anything to criminal) so that the average US citizen chooses a party and blames all of the problems on the other, as opposed to realizing how horrible both parties are.

What are you talking about? I hear this all the time on ATS, but NO ONE is ever to tell us who these "controlling people" are or give evidence to it. There is little doubt that everyone in politics is motivated by the desire for power, but there is no shadow puppet master beyond that common desire. Each party thinks its agenda will be the quickest way to power.

Above all else, never forget this. The MSM was 100% behind the invasion of Iraq, and never questioned the WMD story. Now we come to find that one of the reasons for this is that they were intentionally letting CIA employees be perceived as independent analysts. Instead of asking questions of the administration, they helped them sell their war to the people. Again, I encourage everyone to read this thread.

I am amazed at how people seem to forget reality when it doesn't fit with what they want to believe. The media has always been against the invasion of Iraq, or any invasion by anyone. This is because the media wants to relive the power they had back in the Vietnam era, where they played a large role in the anti-war movement. The media has been declaring defeat in Iraq since before anyone ever mentioned the thought of going over there. They want their power back.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by annestacey

Shhh. Its alright. I'm just a disinformation agent. By all means, everyone run for the hills on this one. The evidence clearly shows that we're headed towards dddddddoooooooooooooommmmmm!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Read William Coopers "Behold A Pale Horse", It has everything you need to know. It sure has informed me and it talks about this in length.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join