It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
According to the link I posted, the 4-missile photo was released by Sepah News, the media arm of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. Don't know if this has already been posted.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
EDIT: Will post images as I find them. Keep checking this post.

AP shots:

Yahoo news

Read who supplied the image... AP and Sepah... 3 missiles, not 4.

Syracuse.com

Supplier, AP... 3 missiles not 4

Herald

Supplier, AP and Sepah... 3 missiles not 4

nola.com

Quoting AP and Sepah as suppliers... 3 missiles not 4

AFP shots:
Spacewar

Supplier, AFP... 4 missiles

Daylife

AFP... 4 missiles

Now the fun part would have been if Reuters had be given the same images as AP. Unfortunately so far I've only been able to find the of-screen shots they did from a tv network:

National post

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Sepah and AFP

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A question. Am I supposed to feel 25% more scared by the first picture? If so, I don't think it's working because I come away with a relatively same impression from either of the pics.

I can understand the concern from an ethical standpoint but any suggestion that it was done to amplify public fear doesn't really float my boat. I think the other possible reasons such as a failed launch are much more plausible.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So the question is why. maybe the fourth never fired and Iran is just trying to save face. maybe they plan to use it some other way.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

That's the funny thing. I don't even think AFP did this to create fear. Cause like you said, if you hadn't seen the photo with the 3 missiles in the first place but only the one with 4, you wouldn't be any more scared or care a bit more about it.... BUT from a photographic point of view, and I wrote this earlier, the image with 4 missiles is more pleasing to the eye than the one with the truck... pure and simple.
I'm saying this as a professional photographer, and I even spent some time as apprentising for a guy who was educated at the photojournalistic school in Denmark.

Too many little things here to blame the Iranian guard:

Let's pretend the Iranians did it, then we have to answer these questions:

- Why only bother giving shopped photos to 1 agency who then is responsible for spreading it even further out. AFP were the only ones to get it?

- Why did the Iranians give shopped images to AFP the 9th... but the on the 10th they went "Oh what the heck... give em the real deal"? O_o

- Why bother shopping the images when everything else... other angles, videos etc. contradict that 1 little image?

Now let's go with the (almost) fact that AFP screwed up big time:

- Let's face it... from a photographic point of view, 4 missiles photo looks better and more aesthetic than 3 missiles and truch.

- "We're used to delivering brilliant footage. We're going to keep doing that! So make that # look good..."

- Try and google "Iran missile test AFP". If you're lucky some of the original raw stories are still alive out there. Thank god for google and indexing.

- Then try and google "Iran missile test AP". They ofcourse didn't need to contact their clients since they were kind enough to produce the real deal from the beginning... oh I forgot... the Iranians changed their mind a day later and rebuilded the photoshopped image.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that the US military is stating that IRan did not conduct new tests today.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yep so Is Fox News right now, they are saying it was the same exercise. Way to go Idiots these d@%$ speculators making Oil go higher and Higher.

-Kdial1

[edit on 10-7-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
wow good eye, there's no way the trails would be identical. I am a VFX Artist in Film, and I can assure you of this.. That picture has definitely been modified.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Awesome catch on this image.
I never caught on to this thread when it first started but let me let you know we have a thread in the aviation forum that highlights and documents these sorts of images. It would be great if with you heads up and ok OP if I could add the main images and documents and posts that highlight and document this PS job so we can have it with our library of others.

Oh and if other are interested you can find the thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
Awesome catch on this image.
I never caught on to this thread when it first started but let me let you know we have a thread in the aviation forum that highlights and documents these sorts of images. It would be great if with you heads up and ok OP if I could add the main images and documents and posts that highlight and document this PS job so we can have it with our library of others.

Oh and if other are interested you can find the thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sure no problem!

Thanks for the link.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well at least they discovered the high profit western industry called "Photoshop Retouch". The more they hate us the more they become us. lol.

Looks like the president of Iran is using this new technology to enhance his appearance

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XanT23

So you think that the Iranians themselves did it?
Curious to what could be their motive...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

YES THEY DID!
HERE IS SOME BREAKING NEWS!

edition.cnn.com...

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazbom56
reply to post by Denied

YES THEY DID!
HERE IS SOME BREAKING NEWS!

edition.cnn.com...

Gazbom.

So are they talking about our disappearing little friend the missile truck?

The United States believes Iran on Wednesday fired seven short- to medium-range missiles, according to the source.

At that time one missile did not fire and the Iranians fired it the next day, U.S. intelligence shows.

Why would Iran make such a poor job on the altered image?

But the article says nothing else related to this thread.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gazbom56

That's an entirely different story....

The images in question are all accompanied statements saying they were take yesterday but released today. Ok, AFP is saying they got the images yesterday but AP didn't get their's until today.

The images in this thread are not related to the fake report on missile tests today...

EDIT:

At that time one missile did not fire and the Iranians fired it the next day, U.S. intelligence shows.

Ok, I wish that the intelligence services would make up their mind xD
Seriously, they and AFP bid off more than they could chew and now they are having a hard time figuring out how to go about this.
Maybe there is something to this AFP hugs allied forces thing

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

No sorry I didn't make myself very clear in all the excitement.
The BBC radio has just reported that certain images have been altered.

Gazbom.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

The BBC said the images were too symmetrical!

Gazbom.

Well done!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
that is piss poor photoshopping, taking plumes of smoke from one part of the same photo and sticking it on another part of THE SAME picture.

There was obviusly less plumes of smoke, much less. and these are covering something that is wanted to reamain hidden.

Maybe some amreican soldiers in the bottom? near the missiles?
Or maybe some Iranian scientest that they dont want deaded.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I know its Iran and all, but don't you think if they photoshopped a photo with any serious intent that it would have been of higher quality? Thats what is bothering me about this. It makes me feel as though the obviousness of the poor quality was intentional, and if so; who and why?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join