It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Iran PhotoShop This Photo?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here are some news paper front page photo's
(with three and then four missiles )
and video of the test from the BBC news site

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Anyone who knows or can translate those Iranian papars?

Since they show 4 missiles that kinda makes it interesting and works against my own claim.

EDIT:
Wait... those front pages... or at least one of them, show a different angle!
Probably also from a different time at the launch. Since this if from the time when they launched 6 missiles (count them in the link):

Iran Daily

If you read the article, then they say they tested 9 missiles. So we have the 6 from that shot in the link... how many missing, 3.

Good further down in the link it mentions which news agencies were present at the show:

Agence France Presse, Cable News Network (CNN), The Associated Press and Reuters covered the development extensively.

Wooot (sorry for geekish language)... so AP were along side there with AFP. So that means that each had their own photographer present, or maybe 1 or guys freelanced for them all.
So again... why would that/those guy go to the trouble of shopping the AFP shots and not the AP ones?

[edit on 10/7/08 by flice]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The MSM just ran a link to a photoblog that discusses why the photo was altered - apparently to conceal the fact that one of the missiles failed.

photoblog.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If you don't focus on just the missiles and instead on the background and foreground the ground appears to be in two different location to me..

The dirt pile for one is much larger in the first picture I don't just mean bigger as in it looks bigger look at the size and shape of the berm or dirt pile and then compare that to the second photo they are completely different yet similar in design..

Also try to take into account that this is Rocket Science and the possibility of one Rocket reacting and leaving a similar debris trail are much higher than most would admit if you magnify the images there are differences in the debris trails however slight there are differences...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

It's the same location... I have an animated gif that shows that everything lines up perfectly. I'll upload it to imageschack or something...

I don't buy the MSNBC take on it. When so many agencies were present, why oh why would they only bother altering AFPs photos? And would they also just hope and pray that noone though about it regarding the live footage?

EDIT:
Gif

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If it is the same location why when you use image stacking do the images
not align as you say no matter the position or magnification

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

That's because some of the papers stretched the image without retaining the scale of it to fit the page...

Forget that gif at the moment xD gotta make it a bit slower hehe..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I know but I can adjust the size of the image same as they did but still to no avail this is the same program I use for stacking photos for Astrophotography.. and I have never had it not adjust properly so I still think it is suspect..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
See this again posted by kdial1, those two are from the same angle no?

Picture has been photoshopped from that.

Originally posted by kdial1
Great find, Here is an animated GIF showing the difference:

-Kdial1

This one below is from the same launch but a different angle, what do you think?

Thats the way i see it....

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I still think and I am not trying to be an ass so please don't think that but if you look at the dirt berm below the rockets and not focus on the rockets you'll notice that they are not the same it is slight but such is imagery..

additionally on the angle thing the 3rd rocket on the right of the photo has the same angle as well when you lay a grid over the top of the photo you can see it clearly..

again just adding to the pot here not saying anyone is wrong or right just pointing out the differences I see in the photos and the animated GIF

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just an FYI the white house will be making a statement on this in the next few hours so they say on the MSM and yes this exact image set..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

Cheers for heads up... and don't worry you're not sounding like a bastard.
I'm uploading a new gif that should explain what I see better.
Will post a link to it here soon.

New animated gif (slower)

Let me know if I should make it slower
it's going a bit fast ain't it?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Well these are the photos that are being released by Iran's state news agency so i would find it hard to believe that the Revolutionar Guard would allow the state media to photoshop pictures......in Iran that would certainly be punishable by death, no?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

probably is
also again... ask yourselves, why only photoshop some and not all of it?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
Just an FYI the white house will be making a statement on this in the next few hours so they say on the MSM and yes this exact image set..

wow. link?

front page on msnbc.

Iran appears to fake missile photo Photoblog: Picture of test-firing may have been altered to cover up launch failure.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

3 of 4 = 75% - Iranian Revolutionary Guard missle launch success rate

49 of 50 = 98% - Hoosier redneck firework launch success rate (and I was drinkin beer, it was in the dark, all of my supplies were imported from China, and cost under $100)

Kdial1

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I can't wait to hear the "official" explanation. There are actually many ways to look at this. I know some people are thinking that maybe this is a Psy-ops type thing to repeat Iraq, then there is the idea that its purely Iran's bluff, but man in today's world the possibilities are endless, and we may never know for sure. It could potentially be an Iranian official deliberately creating the photo so that the American government would dismiss them as a threat and cease any agressive motives in effect; saving his own country from the decisions and boastings of a crazy ruler. In any event, if the actual original photos were doctored by an Iranian and not an American, some one is surely going to be killed over it, if they have not been already.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Yep... they are fast. Don't buy into it. I don't like the Iranians more than the next guy. War is never good... but this fight is not with Iran or the US. It's with the people that sell us "news".

Some time ago in Denmark we had this popular anchor guy who was covering the withdrawel in Iraq. Apparently he thought it was way too quiet down there to make a decent report. So in one case he was not at all where he was saying he was and another time he was kind enough to add sound effects to some footage to make it seem as they were driving near a combat zone.

It got out, and he was given the pink slip right away.

Unfortunately we're not dealing with a single reporter here from a small country but a large worldwide "news" agency. They can't escape this, and we shouldn't let them. They probably could find a single guy to take the fall, but they are still tainted.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here is another source for comparison purposes:

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Cheers, saw that one earlier. It's making big news now... just like the papers want it to, eh?

Unfortunately that's a report of a report. We should be looking for websites who still have the raw story with the images.
Compare who supplied the image to the different sites.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join