It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush at G8: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Bush at G8: 'Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter'

www.telegraph.co.u k

George Bush surprised world leaders with a joke about his poor record on the environment as he left the G8 summit in Japan.

The American leader, who has been condemned throughout his presidency for failing to tackle climate change, ended a private meeting with the words: "Goodbye from the world's biggest polluter."

He then punched the air while grinning widely, as the rest of those present including Gordon Brown and Nicolas Sarkozy looked on in shock.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sigh.

This is simply irresponsible. He's laughing and acting the clown in the world's face.

Whatever your position on global warming, pollution is a serious matter that needs to be addressed, not mocked. For the US president to act in this way in these circumstances--at a G8 summit devoted to climate change and pollution--is appalling.

www.telegraph.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
He just needs a good old fashioned pimp slap. There is nothing much more I can say about his idiocy.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You could say he was just being a smart ass or you could say he knows what is going to happen in the world soon You can read into it many ways I think Bush knows some thing that many people don't Imo

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Oh my folks, lighten up! I actually laughed when I read it. I can just see 'ol GW doing that. That's SNL worthy right there, my friends. He, aparently, was amusing himself and forgot his place there for a sec. Love it!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Is he really that stupid?
I so wish I'd been a fly on the wall when that happened.. I wonder if anyone took any pictures.
I'd love to see everyone elses faces. Can't wait to hear about the comments that were made after Bush had gone.

Wether it was meant as a joke or as a genuine slap around the face to the rest of the world doesn't seem to matter too much. What's said is said and just uncovers the thoughts and deviance behind the man.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Sounds like he has a good sense of humor
. I still wish he'd just p*ss off though...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
that man is an idiot. he just beggars belief.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It's like some terrible nightmare where Homer Simpson got elected President and you KNOW the next words out of his mouth were "Did I say that out loud..? DOH!"

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, I suppose we should look to the bright side of W's remarks--he did after all say he was leaving. Newsworthy in and of itself for some on these boards.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
His gesture was a fitting commentary on his ideology.

It is clear that his recalcitrant attitude on any subject regarding the climate which would impact his business base has peaked with his departure. Perhaps the gesture was made in a light-hearted manner.

As a world leader one would expect his actions to represent his 'people' with the dignity and respect befitting such a gathering. He demonstrated little respect towards them, that much was the perception, and in cases of offense, the perception is more relevant than the intent, just like any harassment case.

World diplomacy is not something we should be too easily convinced can be taken lightly. Or perhaps the paradigm is changing, as they all seem to be similarly based as world leaders. They all represent and coddle commerce above all, and this club lost much of it's meaning with the collapse of the Soviet Union.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think what's shocking is not what he said, but where he chose to say it. Tact is not exactly GW's style. The problem is that Bush is the eternal frat boy, and it shows.

This type of twisted humor is best served behind closed doors, and away from other dignitaries.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys but SH%T that made me laugh

I truely can't believe this guy aye im still laughing! OUt loud too what a champion. Thanx Bushy I needed that

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hmmm, just a thought here, but would China actually be a bigger polluter than the US?

If so, G'Dub couldn't even get that right!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It so funny isn't it HA HA HA HAH AHA HA ha ha.

George I will be laughing soon too. Your days of freedom, is decreasing. Whether he thinks so or not another topic.

He is losing power and respect every day he wakes up.
Let him give himself more rope

That F**** c**t will be locked in my lifetime im nearly sure of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I think you are right. If China is not now, they will definitely be soon, but I'm pretty sure I read a Popular Science article saying that they were the world's biggest polluter.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Azurus

In 2006, China produced 6.2 billion tonnes of co2, the US produced 5.8 billion tonnes...

Which means China produced more co2 than the US, however, on a per capita basis which is the standard measure, the US is still the largest polluter on the planet...

link

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Hes got a winners complex huh... If he cant have the best economy he'll beat China or try to claim he is better at pollutin the air than China.

Please dont take offense to my laughing before but comon this guy is the worlds biggest clown and never ceases to make me go "WTF"

George Bush you are truely F*&KED UP

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Is this for real? I wish there was video of this. I just can't see anyone being stupid enough to do something like that, even Bush.

top topics

join