It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is worse, an Atheist, or a devil worshiper?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think neither, but based on the teachings/ writings in satanism, and the studious/scientific mind(not saying atheism=science) of the atheist....then i'd have to say a religious person.

The delusion alone is pretty scary, let alone the blood spilled in the name of god/s.

I think religion in principle is fine(if not a little dated and crazy), but it's those who twist it for their needs that give it a bad name.

I'm not here for an argument and this is in response to the question posed.

[edit on 10/7/08 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well, Jesus said you're either with me or against me so I really can't get any clearer than Him. That is coming from a Christian perspective.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My religion says I have no right to judge. And that is truly how I believe. I will let God decide what is in the hearts of people.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just a thought; how can something (organized Religion) that has been the cause of nearly every war in the history of the world be right.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
'Bring here those who hated me and did not want me to be their king and kill them in front of me.' Luke 19:27

Jesus says alot of things (not that he actually said that, men wrote those books and they've been edited and changed so much that it would not be recognisable to the original, and as there is no original anymore who knows eh?) like what i posted above.

Any of you guys kill any non-christians recently?
You all keep the sabbath holy?

If not you're going to hell.

Any of you committed adultery?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
'Bring here those who hated me and did not want me to be their king and kill them in front of me.' Luke 19:27

Check out THIS thread. Myself and others explain that verse in that thread which is strictly about that passage.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No thanks, don't need to read how it's an analogy or parable or symbolic to something or whatever excuse it is.

that's the problem.
People are happy to quote away when it suits their cause, but when faced with a quote from this amazing book, the actual word of god, that contradicts their own point or argument, then it is actually because that's not what it means.

It means something else that they decide.

What about my other points?

The sabbath....cheated on ya partner ever?

Check out some facts.

video.google.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Devil worshiper is probably worse especially if they have mal intent and plan on hurting others. The lonely arrogant atheist is disconnected and probably has no direct plans of hurting anyone.

This always cracks me up. If you are an atheist, you are lonely and arrogant. Last I checked it was not ignorant to live life for right now...arrogance is telling others how to live or judging them based on how they live. Someday people will learn that.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hey didn't you know??
If you don't believe 2000 year old fairy tales/fables then you're ignorant, arrogant, evil, blind, not spiritual and you will be judged.

I pray (see what i did? lol) for the day that humanity grows up and can evolve spiritually and for the sake humankind....instead of believing in unproven factually inaccurate, and mostly made up nonsense.

the world would be so much more peaceful.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I fail to see how Atheism is to be considered arrogant, wrong, or sad.

Believing in a story that was created by men of the past regarding a person that was elected a god seems rather blind and uninformed.

True knowledge comes from knowing that you know nothing.

Atheism simply does not assume to apply labels to the unknown. Religion is based on the definitions of the unknowable put forth by others. Following others views as opposed to following your own personal views is where religion is flawed.

One cannot know all the answers, so why pretend to?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
No thanks, don't need to read how it's an analogy or parable or symbolic to something or whatever excuse it is.

Well, being that it is explicitly stated as being a parable, I'm not exactly sure how it would be labeled an excuse to state it is a parable:

...he went on to tell them a parable...

Check out some facts.

video.google.co.uk...

Ah, Yes. The God who wasn't there. That has also been debunked and refuted on here by myself and others. There is a thread about it as well.

As for your 'other questions,' there is a thread on that one, too.

If you want I will get the links for you but you didn't seem terribly interested in my link above so I will refrain at this time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thanks for all your posting on what you think. I, myself, have been labeled "evil", because I am an Atheist. I tend to look at things from a scientific view, using logic and reasoning. By just cracking open a history book, you can read about all the killing and suffering just because of religion, and how they were forced to obey everything that was dictated at them.

Believe, or death to you!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by gen0cide]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gandi
Devil worshipers, because they believe in and worship mythical beings.

And Christian's and Muslim's don't?

Only when Rome switch from worshiping multiple Gods such as Zeus and Hera to one God (that Jesus preached of) did Zeus become "mythical".

"Mythical" is subjective to one's beliefs.

What's worse, believing in Mohammed or Jesus? In my opinion, both. Simply because you're living by Group Think. You've been told this is what to believe in, so you believe it. It's a very sad way to live one's life.

I guess I worship the God of Logic and Reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Well, Jesus said you're either with me or against me

I KNEW IT !! ....... Bush IS the Saviour !!!!

lmao

I don't know about anyone else, but the original post reeks of flame-war bait.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

Originally posted by Gandi
Devil worshipers, because they believe in and worship mythical beings.

What's worse, believing in Mohammed or Jesus? In my opinion, both. Simply because you're living by Group Think. You've been told this is what to believe in, so you believe it. It's a very sad way to live one's life.

I guess I worship the God of Logic and Reason.

Saying that people who worship Jesus or Mohammed are following the group is pretty misguided. What made you say something like that? In my church if you dont wanna believe thats no big deal, there is absolutely none of that group pressure that you might see in other churches *cough*hillsong*cough* (no offence to those that go to that church, but they are very shallow.... u2u me and Ill explain) and the moment they start using group pressure to convert people and great music to convert people and the like you know they are coming from the wrong place and thats a very worrying thing becasue you know that the leaders that are leading the church arnt as full of the holy spirt as you might think..... but despite this though there are many people in these churches that are full of the spirit and have an awesome love for God.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What is worse, an Atheist, or a devil worshiper?

I don't know.....what's worse: a girl or a frog?
What's worse: a tree or an elephant?
A Christian or a Jew?
A blonde or someone missing a leg?
The old testament or ice cream?
Grey aliens or Big Foot?
A rock or a bicycle?
My grandmother or Kentucky Fried Chicken?
Tuesday or Grey's Anatomy?
The number 7 or eggs?
Being naked in public or cigarettes?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't think Atheist do animal sacrifices so, they can visit me and my cat fluffy!

If I see any devil worshipers eying my kitty, then fluffy gets the solitary treatment in cell block b (bathroom)!

I no I'm not that immature, I just like to make my post sound humorous, but I'm somewhat serious about my cat though. Don't trust hard core devil worshipers.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

Have you read much about Satanism, as told by Satanists?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

I sense a presence I've not felt in a long time.. ... . . ..

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

To tell you the truth, no. I don't really have any interest and I already have very little time to read the stuff that I do have interest in.

I'm sure a lot of the stuff people say about them are over hyped rumor just like everything else in life!

Later Dude!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join