It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly half of British soldiers consider quitting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This i never knew about the British military,since they are so high strung on how great their military is.At least us moral always goes good.This is not set as a example degrading the military personal there either.

Wed Jul 9, 7:12 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Nearly half of Britain's troops have regularly considered leaving the country's armed forces, a major survey published Wednesday by the defence ministry showed.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

thats becaus they have God to protect them...

see for your self.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wonder since it doesnt say whether they were deployed while the survey was conducted. Since i would say from experience my outlook was very different while i was deployed than when i was back home.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Alot of soldiers come back from war with a different outlook on life.Since the many faces of war does changes ones thought process.Who can only imagine what you guys see.I still support all you guys no matter what.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Ask any group of people in any walk of life if they want to quit and at any given time, I bet the result would be the same.

As long as I can remember, squaddies have complained about things and often murmured they want to quit, but most never do because the next day they'll do something that'll make them change their mind.

This is hardly news.

Oh, and alienstar, I bet if a similar poll was conducted of US personnel, the story would be the same. Pitting a US soldier against a British soldier, I'd pick the British one every time. Some of the stories I've heard from guys who've worked with US troops are shocking and highly amusing at the same time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You right...and that wasn't out to bash your military either.Its simply i never seen a poll done on American army or marine soldiers.However i have many friends in the military and some want to go back to Iraq sometimes 4 tours.Its obvious not the fact they like it there.The bonus $$$ for deployment they get makes up for it.

top topics

join