It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"10 rules for spiritual seekers" (in honour of F. Bardon)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
By pure coincidence I found out that today (July 10) is the 50-th anniversary of Franz Bardon's death.

Those who know his work, will have read - if nothing else - at least one of his works.

Those who don't know him are invited to get acquainted with his work.
But it might be a good idea to start by reading about the experiences of someone who has been a long-time student of his.

And this might be the best way to start.

"10 rules for spiritual seekers"

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I bought Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics just over a month ago as my first real foray into the occult/magic. Reading through it he makes it seem so simple, but unfortunately I don't quite have the self-discipline to get myself started properly with the steps

I Didn't realise it had been 50 years since he'd died though, a bit of a shame really. Thanks for the link anyway, I'll check it out later when I have a bit more time.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
True spirituality comes only from within.

Why do you need someone elses rules to live by?

I'm sure Bardon's writings are very interesting, but they are only ONE method to achieve a goal.

I prefer the self taught method.....that way, I do not need to follow rules laid out by a stranger who doesn't know me and has no concepts of what I want or need.

The biggest thing about your concept is "rules". If there are rules to follow then the process towards "spirituality" isn't a natural one for the individual.

Listen to yourself, and otyhers, but seek your own truth, not others.

Useful information but not a guide for all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
True spirituality comes only from within.

Why do you need someone elses rules to live by?

I'm sure Bardon's writings are very interesting, but they are only ONE method to achieve a goal.

I prefer the self taught method.....that way, I do not need to follow rules laid out by a stranger who doesn't know me and has no concepts of what I want or need.

The biggest thing about your concept is "rules". If there are rules to follow then the process towards "spirituality" isn't a natural one for the individual.

Listen to yourself, and otyhers, but seek your own truth, not others.

Useful information but not a guide for all.

I could not possibly agree more with you nerbot. No one in this world can give me a set of "rules" but me.
IMO, when a person finds out how many 'one and only truths' there supposedly are, they might begin to listen to their own self and find out real truth for themselves.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malech
I bought Bardon's Initiation into Hermetics just over a month ago as my first real foray into the occult/magic. Reading through it he makes it seem so simple, but unfortunately I don't quite have the self-discipline to get myself started properly with the steps

Aha - that's the catch.

Self-mastery and the lack thereof.
(I call it the "law of natural selection". The lazies get weeded out.
And BTW, I am one of them.
)

When you do achieve the self-discipline required, and only then, you'll be able to progress much further than you ever thought possible.

All I can say is: if you're 100% sure you want to go this way, then you'll find no better teacher than Bardon.

But you probably know that already.

Good luck!

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Assuming the people who've read through the highly enlightening "10 rules" (yes, there ARE rules in this multi-layered world of ours) might want to get acquainted with Bardon's writings themselves, I'd just like to point out, once again, that they can be found at SCRIBD.
(Just google for SCRIBD, and once there search for his name.
)

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well, I just started reading the 10 rules and I am already damn near disqualified on rule 10.

Find something worth doing that is totally captivating and that feels right for you.

My entire life, I have noted that I am good at a lot of things but great at none. I always feel like I am stuck on the starting line, waiting for the signal to go.... but it just never comes. I have longed for a "passion" for many years, but I have not been able to find one.

It is one of the most frustrating things in my life.

Rule 9 isn't looking too good either...

Vice: idleness, complacency, depression.

(see my mood, I am no stranger to the Vices of rule 9)

[edit on 19-7-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

My entire life, I have noted that I am good at a lot of things but great at none. I always feel like I am stuck on the starting line, waiting for the signal to go.... but it just never comes. I have longed for a "passion" for many years, but I have not been able to find one.

It is one of the most frustrating things in my life

Karl, I know exactly what you mean. I'm good at plenty of things and with discipline could become great, but none of them ever meant enough to me to be called a passion. I once dated someone whose bona fide passion was music, and though he turned out to be a knob, I was jealous that he indeed knew his passion when we were only in high school.

I'm glad to say I have found my own passion now and am gladly pursuing it. I'm sure it is out there for you to find. But in the meantime it is frustrating!

Thanks Vanitas for posting this! I'm afraid I got weeded out as lazy too.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by sc2099]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Well, I just started reading the 10 rules and I am already damn near disqualified on rule 10.

Find something worth doing that is totally captivating and that feels right for you.

Rule 9 isn't looking too good either...

Vice: idleness, complacency, depression.

(see my mood, I am no stranger to the Vices of rule 9)

KarlHungis, to be great at something means you are probably not putting time and effort into other important aspects. I would much rather be good at a lot of things than great at only a few.
And, as for depression, after I read the Law of Attraction, I am afraid to think my negative thoughts. It has been hard to keep my mind positive, it feels like a workout, but it is working none the less. Try it for a few days, you are almost too tired to be sad.
When your mind is in a positive place, only then will there be room for passion.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by seagrass]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Walking through life like lightning looking for a lightning rod to crash into, eh...?

I don't know what to tell you, Karl, except that that has been my "problem", too: passionately looking for a passion.... and never ever finding the right catalyst or the right outlet - certainly not for long.

Only, as it turned out, that may have been for the best.
There is an obscure "higher" reason for such objectless passion.
I am not sure I know what it is, and I am 100% sure that, even if I knew for sure, I would not be able to formulate it well right now, so I'll only say this: this accumulated energy - that may feel dispersed, or if as if you were running on empty - can lead to truly great things, things that transcend the "ordinary". (Whether you want that or not is a different question.)

And, among other things, it may prove to be the perfect "state of mind" for precisely the kind of achievements that Bardon is proposing. (Sorry for sounding solemn and ponderous.
)

Think of it as energised freedom (in the sense of not being bound and circumscribed).

More on this when I am more at home.
(It's not a typo.
)

P.S. Don't worry about being "depressed". It'll clear up by itself when you accept and come to terms with what has been said above. But I may be back and say a word or two on that, too. Later.

top topics

join