It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cures for Exzema (not spelt right)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have the skin disease known as Exzema and was wondering if anyone out there knows any cures for it that actually work. I have prescribed creams from my doctor and have been to them many times. I currently have an Aqueous Cream which is basically moisturiser and this other cream which is like hydrocortisone which is supposed to get rid of any imflammation. The fact is they do not work. They work for a week or two then its as if my skin become immune to them. I was given anti-biotics to help but it went back to its normal self. I would upload some pictures but i feel people would find them quite sick.

Again, if you have any "cures" please share them, thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I know how you feel. I have Dyshidrotic Eczema and nothing works for me either. I get it real bad on my feet. My hands not so bad. I could show you pics too..lol.

Steriods might make it go away, but it comes back with a vengance!

I have tried lidocane to numb it to relieve the itch. Aloe vera with lidocane sometimes helps. But nothing really puts a dent in the pain/itch/rash/burning/ etc.

With Dyshidrosis, you get little pus filled blisters and they itch like crazy. And burn...omg does it burn. It sometimes hurts/burns/itches so bad, I consider cutting my foot off.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My daughter (4) has exzema. She only has it in the summer though, due to heat. She uses prescription Zyrtec to prevent itching and also uses a prescription creame: Triamcinolone Acetonide

Both work perfectly and almost instantly.

For her its important to keep her cool, wear only cotton breathable clothing and keep the areas clean.

She gets it on her hands, arms and legs....usually in places that can get hot and/or sweaty. She doenst get it REALLY bad. Just enough that its super dry and itchy. But these 2 meds have worked perfectly.

If you have any more questions, I will try and answer!

[edit on 9-7-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Have same issue bro, I use calendula cream and its awesome. May t ake some weeks to work but really helped me.

Google "calendula cream" and find out about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yesterday I just started treatment with something new. Been through all the steroids and BS creams to the tune of a few hundred bucks already.

A local company sells this stuff called Rects Regulot. Unfortunately its pretty expensive and has to be imported from Germany, so they have decided to stop carrying it.

They are the sole US importer so if it works I will have to have it sent from Germany. Some people said the exzema went away and never came back so I'm giving it a shot.

Its an all natural vinegar product from several types of exotic vinegars blended together, and contains all of the natural plant enzymes.

All done with bogus big pharma that keeps you hooked and never finishes anything.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From the herbalist point of view, you should be taking Pau d'Arco. (But one must be careful not to take too much. More later...)

From one who has seen systemic yeast infections seem to be connected to so many other problems like eczema, I strongly recommend a book called The Yeast Connection . Also, important is the companion text The Yeast Connection Cookbook. In my personal opinion both of these are essential for anyone with a known yeast infection or cystitis as well as many other troubling disorders like eczema, psoriasis, etc.

Personally I believe that enteric coated oil of oregano is what almost everyone I know should be taking.

Oh, I have an acquaintance with eczema who uses a Nizoral shampoo both as shampoo and body wash. He claims it helps, so what I'm telling about this is purely anecdotal. i would need to dig deeper for the science of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My boy has eczema too, mostly in the winter when the air's super dry. I put Elidel, a non-steroidal cream He got from the doctor on Him. It works pretty well in a day or two, but his outbreaks are few and far between and mild for the most part. Good luck.

Peace. K*

Edit. Spelling

[edit on 7/9/08 by Demetre]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
One thing I think may work for you is this:

www.youtube.com...

Put it as background music and let it play as long as you're home, including at night when you sleep and give it time, plenty of time as well as staying hydrated and sleeping as needed. You'll probably notice good things happening to you after a couple of days.

No garantees and I know it sounds whacky, but there is no harm in it, so give it a try.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
When you are battling eczema or psoriasis etc. it is a good time to see if there are food allergies at work. Many times food allergies are exacerbated by candida albicans infection spilling out systemically from the gut.

Also, a good type to look into diet and your blood type. And have a stool sample checked for parasites.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Vodka. Rub it into the area affected. And if it does or doesn't work, mix it with tonic water, a twist of lime, and apply internally.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Being a 'conspiracy theorist', I often look into alternative treatments that have been suppressed or are no longer used by the medical profession. For example, from 1933-1938, colloidal silver was the number one anti-biotic used worldwide by doctors before penicillin came along. Apparently colloidal silver kills 650 pathogens, bacteria, fungi etc whereas penicillin kills less than a dozen. Colloidal silver apparently was so effective and easy to make that it was not welcomed by big pharmaceutical companies, especially when it comes to making profits.

Silver is and has been used as an anti-bacterial agent for hundreds of years (eg in some drink fountains, air conditioning systems, silverware, hospitals - burns unit, etc, etc)

Anyway, you may want to look into it - I did and have been making colloidal silver for 6 months [using 9999 silver wire, 27 volts (3x9V batteries) in distilled water] and rubbing it on my scalp as well as digesting it. So far I haven't seen any negative side effects (eg turning blue/silver in colour) only benefits (eg I don't have inflamed gums anymore, haven't been sick and my hair is actually growing back where previously I had none). Thanks very much to Dr Robert Beck (RIP) and the US patent office!!!

Now, I'm not suggesting you actually use this to 'cure' your eczema or any other illness (it could possibly be illegal for me to do so!), but am merely suggesting that you do some digging out of curiosity! There is a lot of information to be found online about colloidal silver so if you're interested, start digging... Otherwise there seem to be some good suggestions here already. Personally I like Pellevoisin's suggestion of going the natural way with herbs as well as trying to identify the cause (eg diet, environment)

"My son Scotty has had badly inflamed eczema around his mouth but the Silver cleared it up right away."
www.zealandpublishing.co.nz...
(Simply a quote. No affliation whatsoever. In fact their generator is quite pricey! )

[edit on 10-7-2008 by cams]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Mix the 91 % rubbing alcohol with an equal portion of witchhazel.
Soak the area daily for about 5 minutes in this. try to do it outdoors. It has a serious stench and breathing it cannot be good.

It cleared up bleeding cracks on my hands which prescriptions only made worse for years. About a month did it for me. You will see the difference the next day! I went from hands that looked like raw meat to normal, absolutely normal looking and have not needed a treatment in years.

It is my own formulation developed by trial and error. Alcohol had a minor positive effect for a short while, and Witchhazel stopped the itching and burning temporarily. Combining them was a major surprise in result.
I did one then the other to get both effects and noticed a greater benefit.

So I mixed them and soaked in it. Just amazing for me. I hope it works for you.

Anything with grease or oil, like lotions and creams just set mine off like a flare in gasoline. I have a theory that it is an allergic hystominic reaction like in a nasal allergy. The cells rupture releasing the hystomine inside them. Your body reacts to the contents of it's own cells being spilled and makes it worse like a feedback loop. If you soak in the solution you will see a most awful grey gunge cast off every time. I believe it suppresses the reaction and leaches out the hystomine so you break the feedback loop. You can see by this reasoning that anthing which seals in the Hystomine would be a really bad idea!

Please provide feedback to this thread, so others will know how it works out. Maybe periodic updates.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Hi guys, thanks for the number of replies i have recieved, i have read them all with thanks. I will try numerous ways now on how to cure my Eczema, Including the music at nightime, rubbing alcohol into my skin and some different types of cream.

Also Cyberian, the Witch Hazel, is it made by a company called Dickinson's?

Many Thanks and I will keep you posted.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMillztar

I have the cure. Move to Florida, where its hot and humid. I had Exema for a long time, after a few years in Florida it just went away. It has not come back. Doctors usually tell patients to use a tanning bed for the heat, but I don't think its so much the heat as it is the humidity that does the trick. I also was using a cream called Elcon (Ointments didn't help) to keep it under some control, but like I said something about Florida has helped me, and I think its the humidity all year round. Anything with fragrance in it just made it worse. I think different things work for different people. If you don't live in a humid area 12 months a year, try a steam room. Its worth a shot!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by primamateria
Have same issue bro, I use calendula cream and its awesome. May t ake some weeks to work but really helped me.

Google "calendula cream" and find out about it.

Yes! Calendula is an amazing plant. The Aboriginal Americans used it infused in deer tallow (fat) for minor skin treatment. It's sooooo easy to grow as well. It's name is Calendula Officinalis. Some people call it a Marigold but it's not a marigold. Marigold's latin name is Tagetes. It's good relief for minor sunburns, minor scrapes and scratches, bug bites and dry skin.

Anyway no matter if you live in apartment or a house. Get yourself some calendula seeds. They are mega cheap. You can merely toss them on the ground or cover up slightly, it doesn't really matter with those plants. Mine self seed just by dropping seeds on the ground in winter and sprout up again the next spring. Really tough plants and they bloom like mad. The seeds look like dark tan, dried up, scaly worms.

Calendula seeds photo

Well it might be a tad late to start this year but definitely next year. Usually they grow from early spring and don't begin to bloom until July in my location, but never ever stop blooming until snow weighs them down and finally kills them.

They are an annual flower, but will product an abundant amount of seeds and will eventually sprout all over the place.

When it flowers, lop off the flower heads and place them on a rack in a cool but airy place and let them air dry. When they are completely dry remove the petals from the flower head. I have a huge freezer bag full of dried petals that I keep.

You can use these in a bath "tea" bag by tying some petals in a cheesecloth and using that in a warm bath. You can put some petals into a carrier oil like sweet almond oil and let sit for a few weeks. Then you have some really inexpensive calendula skin treatment. Almond oil soaks into the skin really fast and doesn't leave you feeling greasy.

I would also recommend you locate someone in your area who makes soap from scratch. Usually it's called cold process soap. It's made either with different vegetable oils and sometimes people use lard or tallow. Don't make faces regarding animal fat in soaps, when the majority of the commercial soaps out there use tallow as a base, i.e. ingredient listing of "sodium tallowate." Soap is really a kind of salt, thus the name.

I make soap at home once or twice a year for the family. I use a combo of 8 different vegetable oils like palm, soybean, castor, almond, shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil and olive oil. Coconut gives more bubbles, palm makes the bars nice and firm and all the rest have skin conditioning properties.

The difference between commercial soap and homemade cold process soap? The commercial side of it makes the soap like it would normally be made, usually with cow fat (tallow) and sodium hydroxide as the catalyst. Normally this would create, after the chemical reaction between the water, oils and sodium hydroxide, typically a molecule of soap and a molecule of glycerin. The commercial industry removes the glycerin byproduct, sells it to the lotion making factories and then has the nerve to say that soap is drying. Well DUH!! It's drying because they squeezed it out and then sold it to you in the form of lotions and creams to cure "dry skin."

It's called cold process soap because it doesn't require any additional heat to complete the chemical process. It heats up on its own and "cooks" in a way. It's quite interesting actually. After it's mixed up enough (I use a plastic hand blender) it goes from all liquid to a pudding consistency, which is then poured into a plastic or wood mold, covered and left to sit for 24 hours. If you peek at it during that time, usually around mid-way, you will see a gel-like middle and it's very, very hot. It cools off by the next morning and then it can be sliced into bars, which is then like the consistency of firm cream cheese. It's left out to "cure" for approx 6 weeks, which by that time has NO sodium hydroxide (lye) remaining because it reacted with the fatty acids of the fats and converted to soap and glycerin. I actually use less sodium hydroxide than what is required, usually 5% in the calculations in the recipe. This insures no free lye remains and it's a gentle cleansing bar.

My sister-in-law has eczema and swears by this kind of soap. I saw her skin go from red, inflamed and yucky at Christmastime a couple of years ago, turn into smoother, MUCH less red skin by the next summer when I saw her again. Another friend of mine also started using it for her skin and she says the eczema has almost completely gone away and she didn't have to use any of her prescription cream.

I'm not telling everyone this to get sales, for I don't sell the stuff. I either only make it for family or friends who ask for a special batch. I make them pay for the cost of the materials but that is it. I don't want to spend my entire life making soap for other people. However, there are many of us out there that make cold process soap. I encourage everyone to seek one out. They can be found at large craft shows and there are many cottage industries online. Or you could learn to make it yourself. It's not hard really. You just need to know more math than anything else to create the recipes.

Do not buy the clear, "glycerin" soaps. They aren't made from scratch. Well... technically they "could" be but it's a fire hazard to do so, due to the alcohol it takes to make it clear and an external heating source is required for the process.
And they are a bit drying to the skin. Yeah they're cute and funky, but don't really benefit your skin. Best left as a nice smelly bathroom decoration.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
My son had pretty bad exzema and still has periodic flareups.

We are very agressive with lotion and go through alot of Aquaphor. We also use a special brand of baby cleanser that contains oatmeal. We also avoided steriods like hydrocortisone. It takes a bit of effort but it pretty much keeps it at bay.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My brother has it bad and eventually we found out that he scratches in his sleep - that's why nothing heals.

Maybe some of you might look into this? I do know the cram he uses (some steroid) works... except for his scratching in his sleep.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I get that, I can go to bed one night with it almost healed then wake up the next day with it red raw again.

I find listning to calm soothing music and being comfortable in bed helps. If I am uncomfortable it can irritate me and whilst asleep i scratch. Also investing in cotton gloves may help. It may sound silly but it helps. It stops the nails coming into contact with the skin and prevents the scrathcing.

You can buy them from you local pharmacy, i think.

Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have eczema too. I use betemethasone right after i get out of a daily shower and i used to put aquafore on before i went to bed and when i got up. thats just what i do though.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I live in Florida and have small areas where I am effected. I use some stuff called mela-gel alternating with tiger balm. Both contain various essentials oils and seem to do the trick.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join