It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor: DNA clears JonBenet Ramsey's family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Prosecutor: DNA clears JonBenet Ramsey's family

news.yahoo.com

BOULDER, Colo. - Citing new DNA tests, prosecutors on Wednesday cleared JonBenet Ramsey's parents and brother in the 1996 killing of the 6-year-old beauty queen and apologized to the family for casting the cloud of suspicion that hung over them for more than a decade.
For years after the slaying, tabloids and crime shows went after the couple. News reports also cast suspicion on JonBenet's older brother, Burke, who was 9 when his sister was killed. Lacy's predecessor as district attorney, Alex Hunter, said in 1997 that the parents were under an "umbrella of suspicion."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Wow, I have known about this case obviously from the beginning. The family had to move twice, and were under a constant cloud of suspicion. I wonder if they feel vindicated, or just sad again?

But it just shows, along with that recent army doctor case, that the media can make anyone look guilty.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think it just goes to show that when there's the death of a child involved, people want the guilty party's head served up pronto.

I, for one, and surprised it's taken this long to clear the familly. With the advent of DNA technology at our fingertips, there is no reason for this case to have dragged on like this.

The sad part is that Patsy Ramsey went to her deathbed without her name being cleared.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Early in the investigation police found male DNA in a drop of blood on JonBenet's underwear and determined it was not from anyone in her family, but Lacy said they were unable to say who it came from and whether that person was "innocent or otherwise."

This is just mind boggling... they had the killer's DNA right from the start but they ignored that (male DNA that didn't match any family members FOUND IN THE BLOOD ON HER UNDERWEAR!!!) and went after the parents instead. WTF??!! Are they seriously saying they thought some stranger that left his DNA on her underwear WASN'T THE KILLER???

I wish I was a lawyer right now, because one of them's about to get very wealthy off of the Boulder PD.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

But as the poster above you noted, in this miscarriage of justice, the mother went to her deathbed with no peace, only sadness.

There is no amount of money, none, that can remove this pain. Even the FLDS case has some shades of this.

top topics

join