It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: Caught Disparaging Obama Without Knowledge

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I got news for you all. Maybe....depending how much time you have spents as a fly on the wall.

ALL of the politicians I have had the pleasure of......"meeting"...speak of the common person and the other candidates in this manner.

The thing about this is did Jessie let it all hang out on purpose or is he getting so old and stupid that he "forgot" he was speaking somewhere in the neighbourhood of a mike!!

You know the addage..."once bitten twice shy"...sort of a folksy flight or fight...well with that in mind I would say that the man who stood near MLK in Memphis did this on purpose.

If Jessie is nothing...he is nothing but a political whore. He knows when to spread them and smile.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wait a second, JJ want's to cut his stones off?

Sounds to me that JJ just threatened a Presidential candidate.

If you or I had said that you can bet the Secret Service would be knocking down our door.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

I totally agree with you, whiteraven. It's all politics; no one in that field is allowed to cough without someone hearing it with pen in hand. He just wanted some attention maybe.

It is really gross when you think about it but it worked, he got that attention. Obama seems to be the main target of the limelight loafers. McCain has been around for so long it is not as good of a story if JJ were to say something about him. Race aside of course. -I guess however in this case JJ was using his race for attention. Double gross.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I must say, Obama's supporters have caused him more trouble in the press than any Republican ever could. So far, he's tossed his Grandma under the bus, Reverend Wright, his church, his VP vetter Jim Johnson, Wesley Clark, and soon Reverend Jesse Jackson.

It's true Jesse Jackson has proved himself to be a racist over the years, but what strikes me as funny is Barack Obama has surrounded himself with just these type of people over the years. It hard to imagine that they don't share some common ground..

[edit on 7/10/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Actually

his VP vetter Jim Johnson

resigned.....he wasnt terminated.

just to clear that up

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by LLoyd45

Actually

his VP vetter Jim Johnson

resigned.....he wasnt terminated.

just to clear that up
and I'm sure Andrew, it was with no small amount of encouragement from Obama. Johnson was detrimental to his campaign. What else could Barack do? If he allowed him to stay, he'd be a constant source of controversy.

It's all about political expediency after all. I'm sure McCain would do the same thing in a similar situation.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I must say, Obama's supporters have caused him more trouble in the press than any Republican ever could. So far, he's tossed his Grandma under the bus, Reverend Wright, his church, his VP vetter Jim Johnson, Wesley Clark, and soon Reverend Jesse Jackson.

It's true Jesse Jackson has proved himself to be a racist over the years, but what strikes me as funny is Barack Obama has surrounded himself with just these type of people over the years. It hard to imagine that they don't share some common ground..

Well BHO has stoped playing by the script and is now ad libbing and pandering for votes,

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This black on black crime has got to stop! Threatening mutilation is just one step away from a drive-by shooting.

I see Obamas support from the black community slip because of this. Could drop all they way down from 99% to maybe 95%. That would be disasterous for his Presidential bid.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
This black on black crime has got to stop! Threatening mutilation is just one step away from a drive-by shooting.

I see Obamas support from the black community slip because of this. Could drop all they way down from 99% to maybe 95%. That would be disasterous for his Presidential bid.
I think if anything, the black voting population will see just how little Barack Obama really supports them. His election bid is all about him, and becoming the next President.

He will throw anyone who gets in his way under the proverbial bus without a moments hesitation.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Wow - You're kidding, right? Do you actually believe that such a "resignation" was anything other than a carefully orchestrated public-consumption stunt specifically and maliciously sugar-coated so as not to appear as a firing?

He was fired - period. The fact that he "moved on", resigned for 'personal reasons' , or the classic, "to spend more time with family", or "to explore other opportunities" is window dressing for a dismissal. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The dude was canned. He was 'allowed' to resign to retain a small shred of self-esteem, however vaporous, temporary, or insincere he cares to perceive...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

You said:

I don't think so. Jackson was mad because he felt that Obama was "talking down" to young black men not taking responsibility for their children. I think the black community is a little sick of that also. I think Jackson lost more support than Obama in this little screw up.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by zippy1958]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zippy1958
. I think Jackson lost more support than Obama in this little screw up.

I fully agree. Jackson got caught diss'n the Obamessiah.

Bad bad bad for Jackson. He was piss'n in the wind.

As some other posters have said on these boards ... Jackson got caught with a threat towards the potential POTUS. Jackson didn't just say something verbally ... he made a very distinctive and violent hand gesture while he made his statement. He was very into his anger.

Looked to me like it was building for a while and wasn't just because of one little Obama statement. - IMHO

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Wait, isn't the Rev. a 33rd degree Freemason? Maybe this is a calculated move to improve Obama's rep. in the eyes of the 'working-class white' voters [as the MSM likes to call them] who have, for years, cried foul, racist!, et al., whenever Jesse shows up to spout off. This will help Obama's support in said demographic; Jackson won't suffer for this, I suspect. His base will NEVER leave him, and noone else seems to give his words much weight.

And IF Sen. Obama is, in fact, the anointed choice of the globalists/NWO/Illuminati/etc., then this orchestrated [?] move makes perfect sense. Jesse's 'slip-up' only pushes Obama closer to the center.

And to think, some of us were disgusted by the Clintons' maneuvers.

For the record, I HOPE and pray that Obama is more Kennedy-esque, and less Clintonian. We will see...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Suppose Obama wins the POTUS. If he does a good job, and supports the black community it a way that thrills them to no end, he will be touted as the first black POTUS forever more.

If he doesn't support the black community in the way they would like...or does a bad job in general, or just does more of the same... they will remember him as the first 1/2 WHITE, 1/2 black president.

Wait and see! They will turn on him in 3.1 seconds and start calling him Uncle Tom to his face!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Well as no one has posted it yet, why not look at it for yourselves...

Semper

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Is anyone surprised that Jesse "Hymie-Town" I'll-spit-in-your-salad Jackson said this? The man is a pig.I'm surprised BHO hangs with him....well, maybe I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Well as no one has posted it yet, why not look at it for yourselves...

Semper
Thanks for the link Semperfortis. It's always better to hear things straight from the horse's mouth.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
In the end this was very good for Obama in dealing with the marginally racist in the populace. To those (and even more committed racists) Rev. Jackson just gave Obama precisely what he needed i.e., distance from the Black Liberation Old Guard.

"If Jesse Jackson doesn't like him, then maybe Obama's not so bad..." becomes the emerging meme.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I agree that it was good for Obama. I especially loved the acceptance of Jackson's apology given by Obama spokesman:

Source

“As someone who grew up without a father in the home, Sen. Obama has spoken and written for many years about the issue of parental responsibility, including the importance of fathers participating in their children’s lives. He also discusses our responsibility as a society to provide jobs, justice, and opportunity for all. He will continue to speak out about our responsibilities to ourselves and each other, and he of course accepts Rev. Jackson’s apology,” said Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Jessie Jackson is an extortionist he black mails companys into giving his cause donations or corporate property rites with the race card ( we will boycot and make news if you do not agree to our terms). as to why he would attack Barrach is kind of a mistery to me except for the comments JJ made in the news clip. "He's talking down the black people" ," I want to cut his nuts off" , did I hear it wrong? Maybe. I dont hink Barrack's advisers would have let him directly attack ANY racial group. Even so why should JJ even have a word in the election JJ is the lowest form of life, a parisite. a leach on the ass of ethnic extremism. He blows every situation he can, out of proportation for his own benifit. All the way back to when he claimed to have MLK's Blood on his shirt and he wasnt even there. I cant say to much nice for Barack but he is way better off without this self serving moron. PS not trying to trash BO just JJ has been into corporate extortion for years and I cant wait till he is out of the sceene. Thw world will be a much better place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join