It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson: Caught Disparaging Obama Without Knowledge

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh boy...

In a few hours we will find out what he said...

Recording him- a conspiracy against Obama?

Hmmmm....

TPM

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Link here to issue:

www.DrudgeReport.com

TPM

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, it was Jackson that called him a "magic negro".

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

According to Drudge, it wasn't something I would expect to hear from a REVEREND'S mouth! What an idiot.. :shk:

Text of Jackson's Apology (PDF)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As a professional racist, I am sure that Jackson takes issue with Obama's refusal to make his campaign about race. People like Jackson, who have exploited his fellow blacks for decades in order to seem important would never be able to grasp how everything is not seen through the premise of race.

Jackson is a bigoted, racist pervert who should really just slink away before he sullies himself more than he already has.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"...that was the context of my private conversation and it does not reflect any disparagement on my part for the historic event in which we are involved or my pride in Senator Barack Obama..."-Jesse Jackson

Yeah, he is trying to cover his A**. He doesn't like Barak, but is gonna revel in the "black man makes good". What a Hypocrite JJ is. I always felt this way about him, but this just furthers the roots of my feelings toward him.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I gotta say, Night Watchman, I agree with you that Jackson is mad at Obama because he's not making it more about race. When I first read this, I thought, I could expect something "race-centric" like this from AL Sharpton, but JJ??? No, I'm not really surprised. But it's really funny that he got caught!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I have to agree with you about Jackson, but if Jackson is such a racist then why did Obama say that he is proud to have the support of his friend Jesse Jackson.
Even has Jesse Jr. working for him. I guess he doesn't share our view of Jesse Jackson.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 9-7-2008 by jam321]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Even has Jesse Jr. working for him. I guess he doesn't share our view of Jesse Jackson.

Or maybe Jesse Jackson knows Obama better than most people and DOES share my view that Obama is phony. Maybe Jackson's just being frank and like many of us, can see through the Obama facade and really doesn't like the dude all that much.

I would imagine you'll see more of this as the campaign progresses. The people who know the *real* Obama are going to have a tough time keeping their mouths shut.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah except that if racism were to disappear tomorrow, The not-so-Reverend would be out of a job. He sees things in black and white. It has served him well financially.

If you were to ask to name the fraud, it would Jesse Jackson. The best thing that ever happened to him was standing next to a true leader, MLK, when he was tragically murdered. What Jackson has done from that day forward has mocked Dr. King's Legacy.

Jackson is an opportunistic racist. Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If Obama becomes Prez, Jesse Jackson the Poverty Pimp will no longer be able to say that Whitie is keeping the Black Man down.
Both Jackson and Sharpton will no longer have a leg to stand on.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Whats so bad?

All he said was he wants to "Cut Obama's n**s out"

So much for solidarity

Oh man...Oreilly and the other talking heads are going to have a field day with this

[edit on 7/9/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Jackson and Sharpton are caught muttering derogatory remarks about Obama again and again over the next few months. An Obama Presidency is really bad for the racial division gang.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You have to wonder what he says when he isn't anywhere near a microphone. In a way, it almost seems as if he's just wee bit jealous of Obama. Obama has yet to prove himself in the House. RJJ has been through too much to embarrass himself so completely. Besides, many seem to be putting Obama's 'foot' in their mouths lately.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Jesse doesn't like that fact that Obama is pretending to be "all Evangelical" now to get votes. In other words, Jesse knows Obama is likely a Muslim only pretending to be a Chrisitian.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
If Obama becomes Prez, Jesse Jackson the Poverty Pimp will no longer be able to say that Whitie is keeping the Black Man down.
Both Jackson and Sharpton will no longer have a leg to stand on.

yet another great reason to vote for obama

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

While I do agree with you that the demise of JJ as a result of an Obama win is a good thing, the negatives of Obama as Prez still heavily outweigh the positives.
Wait a few months when the "honeymoon" with Obama begins to end.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Wolf Blitzer of all people said that perhaps Jesse Jackson is jealous of Obama's success in his bid for the presidency, considering he ran twice and failed miserably. I definitely think that's part of it and I agree with the previous posters who said that JJ is pissed that Obama isn't overtly basing his candidacy on race.

I always laugh when I see JJ referenced as "former Presidential candidate" on tv. I think it should be followed by "and current dbag."

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
UH OH...

Watch out...

A Black Man was just Attacked on National Television...

Get Ready for Reverand Sharp Tongue, and Revend 'high' Jackson coming after... wait...

The great, mighty, Emperor of African Americans, Reverend Jessie Jackson said this???

Who know this out right Racist was able to hate himself...

IM hoping for a Rev Jackson v Rev Sharpton on a debate... oh that would be nice, two fake revends battling each other, calling each other names, having thier mobile mobs with them... OH THAT WOULD BE GREAT...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Jesse "shake down" Jackson seems jealous to me. (Obama is pulling off something that Jackson couldn't do) Also perhaps a bit worried. If Obama becomes POTUS (and I believe he will), then Jackson won't be able to whine as much. How on earth will Jackson make a living off donation money if people see Obama as the 'fulfilment of Black Liberation Theology" as some have said. If black people have 'overcome' then Jackson won't be getting nearly as much $$$

Edited immediately for spelling

[edit on 7/10/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join