It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Topics on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been suggested before, it probably has, but here is my suggestion anyway. It is in regards to the news sections.

Right now, on ATS, we have Breaking Alternative News and Breaking Political News. I think these need to be revised and re-done, especially the Breaking Alternative News. I find myself irritated with that section every time I go in to it.

Here is my problem:

Maybe I'm slow and don't understand it correctly, but to me, Breaking ALTERNATIVE News should be ALTERNATIVE News. You know, from alternative sources. "Conspiracy", "Cover up", "Corruption" news.

Not a CNN article about some technology breakthrough. Not a FOX News article about the latest celebrity screw up or death. As much as I despise Alex Jones, I would rather see his news articles in there than mainstream media.

So what I'm suggesting is, why can't Breaking Alternative News be for more "alternative" and "conspiracy" related topics from less mainstream news sources? Then, the Breaking Political News section could be used for political related mainstream news articles. Then maybe a third section could be created for everything else, i.e. science and technology, celebrities etc.

I'm not suggesting sorting through all of the news postings in Breaking Alternative News and send them to the right forum, if this system was put in place. That would be far too much work. But I'm suggesting that it be changed.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Hey. They actually did address this (See this thread: Reaffirming the 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum). It looks like things did improve since then because I have noticed a lot of threads that didn't belong in that forum getting moved into their proper forums.

Then maybe a third section could be created for everything else, i.e. science and technology, celebrities etc.

I actually enjoy reading the science and technology news articles but regardless, there actually is a 'general news' forum on BTS. It is found HERE. If you look at the list of threads on that link (the General News Forum 'home page'), you will see the threads with a '[source]' link in front of them. I am not 100% sure but through observation, I think that means they were originally posted in the Alternative News forum on ATS but were transferred over to BTS General News. So it looks like someone is on the ball and has been busy to keep the Alternative news forum what it is supposed to be.

join