It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bertha Headed to NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There are usually one or two that do this every year. They hang around for awhile, and look like they're heading right for us, and then suddenly they swing around and are gone.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Bertha won't go anywheres near NYC.
Someday a big one will. But not this one.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
oh... I know this is silly, but growing up, the two times NYC got hit with a major storm, always a tropical storm right under Hurricane stregnth... I belive it was David and Fred?

anyway, it was the best... I know, that's terrible some people got hurt,blah, blah... NY in a Hurricane was among my favorite memories, I went to the beach lol (I know I could be killed) butthe waves and the storm and the wind and the sound of an oak tree snapping... woah

I was in a buig building lol, no storm would kill me in there and NYC looks crazy outside the window lightning nailing the buildings... it ws utterly fun for me...

I also love it when we get a monster blizzard, when you get up early and it's like the day after tomorrow and everything is still and frozen in the quiet...

like being alone in NYC after man has died off... it's an erie awesome haunted feeling you only get a few times in a lifetime if your lucky, it somehow feels profound when you see a city like Ny under the assault of nature and everyone is driven inside...

even going to the beach in the storm for the start of it... it's great to feel that power and yet know you can up upstairs into one of the impenetrable buildings and be safe

It would be awful if a katrina sized strom hit the island for the beach communities, but manhattan and the more urban locations... the storm feels great, my friend lives right on brighton beach in a large condo tower, I could make it in in time if a tsunami was coming lol and it would have to be a real moster to harm me... 80 or 90 feet high for any real risk on the upper floors...

Hurricane would be great, it will come in at 100 mph winds, Ny would be fine waters too cold up there for a katrina incident

If I thought Bertha was coming in strong i'd be driving home right now to beat it there!

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
here's a nice link to hurricanes in NY's history

www.nyc.gov...

the 1938 hurricane hit the east end of long island pretty hard. my parents have a book on the history of the town they live in and their house is actually pictured as the damage was rather extensive (wasn't owned by my family back then).

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
and with that, I'll leave you with this

Great song. I got a chance to hear them play it in Ohio at a show I went to.

Sorry to be off topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join