It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did you collect and store this week?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This one should be a sticky here to keep fresh ideas at the top of the list.

Me? Two bottles of scotch, fish hooks and two small boxes of seed potatoes to go in the ground.

Lets hear it week by week.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
nothing this week all stocked up

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Way to go. A star just for being on top of things.

I did put up an extra flat of little ceasers dog food for the lap dog. More so, because we always forget and have to make an extra trip to the store though.

In addition we have a new water service and an office style hot/cold stand now. Got two extra fives this week and will watch so we build up as many as we can and still rotate them. The handle jugs make em pretty portable for camping and beach, etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Three kilos of broth mix...excellant stuff and only cost six quid!!....enough to make lots of soup!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've been purchasing extra beans, rice, broth and canned vegetables every trip I make to the supermarket. It's a little more economical for me to stockpile a little at a time.

I also got a great deal a couple weeks ago on sugar and salt. A five-pound bag of sugar for a dollar, and three canisters of salt for a dollar. Can't beat that!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Broth mix, bullion cubes, dried soup stocks are all pieces of wisdom.

Good work!

In addition one should look at cases of canned gravy. Make the weakest forms of rice and camp meat into a calorie full, tasty treat.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I forgot to add that I have also been stocking up on flour, cornmeal, and masa harina (corn tortilla mix). My son thinks I should stock up on potato chips and oreo cookies, but I think that's a matter of perspective.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Most of the stuff I have stored is dry, ...we have a good availability of water in the UK.... the only tinned stuff I have is tuna in sunflower oil ...the oil can be saved for frying..

Dried stuff takes much less volume..but double with water...all you need to do is soak overnight. rinse then boil.

Also stored lots of dried bullion, and curry powder and dried garlic powder!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Stocking up on Toilet Paper, see how long you can live without that! You can only use shells for so long before you get blisters.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I found some seeds on sale (clearance!) this week. I bought cauliflower, okra, bell peppers, jalapeno, radish & cilantro seeds. The garden has been putting out broccoli & snow peas. So I've been blanching & freezing. I might have summer squash & cucumbers by the end of the week. If not by sometime next week. So I'll be putting up pickles & relish soon.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Purchased 4Kg of poridge oats for a quid a few days ago.

Also got a Katadyn water filter on the way so I can get water out the ponds up the road if needed.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
why where are we all going?

think i'll tag along cos you lot have thought of everthing

can i borrow a cup of sugar please?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by fred3110
Purchased 4Kg of poridge oats for a quid a few days ago.

Also got a Katadyn water filter on the way so I can get water out the ponds up the road if needed.

Will that water filter filter out any radioactive material?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Not sure...how big are radioactive particles?

It filters out anything bigger than 0.2 microns.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Good question. Radioactive particles are heavy and settle out rapidly, I believe in around 90days, but someone with the hard facts may want to comment there. Chickens and fowl are generally safe to eat after the 4th month, provided only the meat is used.

Water may be steam distilled several times to eliminate radio actives as long as it is completely clear and all particulate has settled out, usually a couple of weeks time. Each distill requires the previously mentioned 10 degree incremental heating and then the back down to 150 and up again. Discard the last 30% in the still and do the same cycle twice more discarding the last 30% each time.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I collected a fat texas hog, and a large catfish.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I augmented my pantry with 10 cases of budweiser in aluminum cans.

i know they are not survival cache stuff but for my cost, theymake for good trade items or just plain 'goodwill' items for increasing my network of associates...btw, i do not drink Bud myslf

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Freeze those catfish chunks and dip em in 50/50 karo syrup and water till they are coated and sealed completely and they will last for almost a year in the deep freeze. need about 5-6 dips each kinda like a dipped ice cream cone.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Ya got a star for just saying 10 cases of Bud! I don't drink it myself either, just brew my own from cans and a few fancy add ins. Might go through a sixer in about 2 months if that but other folks reeeaaalllyyy like it so it goes quick.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I did not store anything because...

...if the S hits the F I will be SF (Sky-floating) like they show in those SF (science-fiction) movies. Or I´ll go visit my SF (survivalist friends) up in the mountains.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join