It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit ripper shocks Germany

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Rabbit ripper shocks Germany

news.bbc.co.uk

"I looked inside and saw Rocco just lying there. His head was missing. A little later I found Felina in the bushes. She'd been killed, too. I just cannot understand why."

Rocco and Felina are among the 30 pet rabbits killed in the towns of Witten and Dortmund since last summer.

Many of the rabbits have been decapitated and the blood drained from their bodies.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It is also unclear how the killer has been locating his victims.

Most of the beheaded pets were hidden from public view, locked away in back yards or back gardens.

It has raised the possibility that the killer has been using satellite images on the internet to find houses with rabbit hutches.

What the hell? This has got to be one of the most bizarre news stories I've seen in awhile. The satellite image thing changes this from creepy and disturbing to downright frightening if it turns out to have merit.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There is no satellite images that detailed we can get on here to identify if it is indeed a rabbit hutch.
However the disturbing part is the person who's doing this is expressing similar behavior to what serial killers do in the beginning.
They could know where the rabbit hutches are they could BUILD them and sell them or even work in a pet shop and know where the rabbits live.
They could know the people etc and have vendettas against them.
It could be anything.
Another thing.If they wanted rabbit blood it would be extremely easy to catch many wild rabbits.In traps.So it would seem they are targeting private rabbit owners more than the rabbits they want to hurt the owners.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Being_From_Earth]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Being_From_Earth
However the disturbing part is the person who's doing this is expressing similar behavior to what serial killers do in the beginning.

So mutilating animals is not disturbing? It is only an issue because this nut MAY start lopping the heads off of people? And then it would be a REAL problem?

Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

So mutilating animals is not disturbing? It is only an issue because this nut MAY start lopping the heads off of people? And then it would be a REAL problem?

Sheesh.

Sheesh, don't be so antsy.

He makes a good point.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Sheesh.

I think his point was the same point you are making.

Someone hates bunny rabbits! Maybe the killer watch too many bugs bunny movies in his youth, who knows why people do stuff.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
There was something similar here. Someone was suffocating cats in certain area. Police "could not" catch him and until animal right groups started to arrange ambushes it was going on. Then they caught the guy, and actually he was glad that he was caught because he felt that it is just the start. These things should be dealt seriously.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I would concider looking for this person in any area that has coincidentals particular to rabbit needs. Such as a feed store, or a pet supply shop. See what all of these rabbit owners have in common that may lead to the culprit.

...this idiot needs to be stopped.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix

No my point was the opposite of his! I hate it how everytime there is some horrible case of animal abuse people minimize the suffering of the animal victims and say "well the guy needs to be stopped else he may start killing people".

The implication there is torturing animals for fun is not really a bad thing in and of itself, its no big deal, but it could turn INTO a real problem if his next victim is human.

Sheesh if there was some sick freak doing that to pets in my area and they could not catch him i would hope he WOULD escalate to people so I would not have to worry about my helpess animals falling victim.

To me it would be a very big deal. Animals areoften completely helpless and the thought of my innocent pets being targeted really makes me sick. I would rather have a convicted sex offender living next door, or even someone that quietly fills their basement with bodies, that would be MUCH less worrisome in my mind.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

To me it would be a very big deal. Animals areoften completely helpless and the thought of my innocent pets being targeted really makes me sick. I would rather have a convicted sex offender living next door, or even someone that quietly fills their basement with bodies, that would be MUCH less worrisome in my mind.

Sheesh, are you crazy?

Killing animals is bad, nobody is denying that. But to claim you would rather live next to a sex offender or a murderer is just outright barmy.

You are saying the murder of humans is less worrying than the murder of rabbits?

Maybe you should get your head checked out!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Maybe someone should check the satellite images for the town and see what is familiar about all of the houses. If the houses all have the same looking fixture, then maybe get notice out to whoever else has a similar looking structure in their yard.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Optix

No my point was the opposite of his! I hate it how everytime there is some horrible case of animal abuse people minimize the suffering of the animal victims and say "well the guy needs to be stopped else he may start killing people".

The implication there is torturing animals for fun is not really a bad thing in and of itself, its no big deal, but it could turn INTO a real problem if his next victim is human.

Sheesh if there was some sick freak doing that to pets in my area and they could not catch him i would hope he WOULD escalate to people so I would not have to worry about my helpess animals falling victim.

yeah i guess read your post wrong, sorry. But i eat rabbit. yummy, but not anyones pet rabbit.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? Have you talked to any human beings lately or are you only on speaking terms with your pets?

What you just said is anti-human in about the worst way possible. That mindset is exactly what gross inhuman behavior such as rape and murder is predicated on.

You believe in your heart that your animal slaves are important (they aren't in the least bit.) You then proceed to use that holier-than-human belief to morally justify your own marginalization of human life.

Jon

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have to concur... wishing human victims rather than animal ones is way out there in the ether. I believe this sicko should get some major jail time as well as get the crap kicked out of him, but that's purely coming from a property rights standpoint. He's violating other people's property and that's a crime which has been far underpunished in the world as a whole. (I feel the same about vandals and taggers... Singapore has the right idea, you intentionally damage someone else's property, you should be tied up and get the bejesus caned out of you in the public square.)

I don't believe animals should be tormented and tortured, but by the same token I don't believe they are anywhere near the same plane as a human being is. Your statements really strike me as being either intentionally controversial just for the sake of controversy or as showing someone who is extremely out of touch with priorities and has a messed up value of life and humanity.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Maybe it's Elmer Fud?

But no, seriously. I believe the key would be to pay attention to the map. Does this person only kill in one particular area or does he jump around? I'll bet one could find a pattern.

With so many rabbits dead I would think that someone should have seen something. Like, "Gee, why is that person running down the street with a rabbit under his arm?" or "what did that driving motorist just throw out of his moving car?"

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Your statements really strike me as being either intentionally controversial just for the sake of controversy or as showing someone who is extremely out of touch with priorities and has a messed up value of life and humanity.

Really irksome huh? When others dismiss things that YOU hold dear. Or when they mininize crimes that utterly horrify you and would make you really fear for those you love.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Really irksome huh? When others dismiss things that YOU hold dear. Or when they mininize crimes that utterly horrify you and would make you really fear for those you love.

Yeah I know exactly how you feel!

Holy guano! Yes, it is really irksome to any thinking and feeling human when another human being would so easily dismiss human life while at the same time placing their pets on a pedestal.

If you don't know that pets are less important than any one human life anywhere on this planet then you are so out of touch with reality and your own humanity that you should probably seek spiritual help.

Jon

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe some whacko that thinks he's a vampire? Hey, there's a thread on here asking for help finding vampires. Maybe someone should post in it to try Germany.

Definitely some weird people out there.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Seems strange to be no ones mentioned a chapacabra yet!!!!
What about some kind of blood sucking vampire alien type thing.
i mean why would a normal person need to drain the blood? obviously the blood for something... looks like the work of some unusual creature if ya ask me!
its very simalar to some cattle mutilation stories...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't see any proof that it's being done by a human. Foxes kill the exact same way, take the heads off the carcass and leave very little blood. I lost three Geese in one night to a fox, they're ruthless killers and the most wasteful animals I've known to kill a 12 lb Goose and only take the 3 oz head.

This is all happening in one area and sounds a lot more like foxes than a serial bunny stalker to me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join