It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK government sets up propaganda site to promote ID cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Even though the UK population is pretty much anti ID card especially after the recent escapades where the UK government's officials has lost many thousands of individuals information they have now set up a propaganda site to try to con the youth of today into accepting them www.mylifemyid.org they are only currently letting people under 25 post on their forums? (afraid the older population who know what a lousy sham these cards are will educate the youth?) and many people who have made anti ID cards post's upon their forums have had their post's removed, just goes to show our so called democracy is hardly much better than that of Zimbabwe

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't see how that's a government website. It looks like it's a privately owned website that just wants to tell people disinformation about the ID cards.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by solidshot

It is about time alot more people realised that. Who's to say that the remaining posts that are anti ID weren't posted by 'staff'?

Let's say "ID Cards = Reptilian tool". I know that last statement didn't make sense but connecting anti ID cards to the '9-11 conspiracy theorists' or 'UFO enthusiasts' would make sense to someone wanting to promtoe National ID to the public at large.

Or it could be posts containing lack of grammar or reasoning.

I haven't visited the site because I don't want to. I read all the reasons for the card along time ago and you'd have to be in a constant state of Euphoria to believe that it will actually help anything.

[edit on 9-7-2008 by amanbuthimself]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I don't see how that's a government website. It looks like it's a privately owned website that just wants to tell people disinformation about the ID cards.

The website doesn't have to be run by the government necessarily. But maybe it is you never know. A lot of the people work under the government.

But anyway the point is, the message portrays a bad image of trust within society and I think it has been for many years. So why do we have to trust the goverment when we know that the goverment is run by the wrong people?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Shrukin89]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Although you are correct in that it isn't run on government servers, it is paid for by the home office (that was stated on the front page of the site) and if you read through the forums their moderators have a very pro id card agenda

top topics

join