It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran blames West for 'artificially' raising oil prices, says war threat is a 'joke'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Iran blames West for 'artificially' raising oil prices, says war threat is a 'joke'

www.iht.com

Iran's president again took aim at the West, blaming the U.S. and Europe for "artificially" raising oil prices and dismissing as "a funny joke" fears that his country could come under attack.
Hours later, on Wednesday, Iranian state television reported that Tehran had test-fired nine long- and medium-range missiles during war games. The report quoted officials as saying the tests are in response to U.S. and Israeli threats.

But President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on a visit to Malaysia, told a news conference Tuesday that the U.S. and Israel were "focusing on propaganda and psychological war."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
"He claimed that the U.S. can also use the "artificially high price of crude oil" as a justification to start politically sensitive exploration in the North Pole."

I also found this part to be pretty interesting...does this statement have any truth to it?

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-7-2008 by bringthelight]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Media its like watching a long boring worn out movie with the same outcomes time after time again. How about turning the movie off for once and doing something else. I for one would like a change. Lets DO something about this US propaganda nazi fest.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think the best we can do is just not watch the big news stations anymore. I get all my news from the internet. The only time i watch fox news is for a laugh.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
That Iranian president seems to have a very clear insight into how the west under the US go about their corrupt manipulation of the world.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

That is true Ken but hes no saint himself. I just wonder if the US trying to do all this so we can explore the North Pole has any merit. I just cant believe more people haven't protested or asked questions about 4$ a gallon gas! I know a few truckers drove slowly through D.C. but come on!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There has been little talk but the north pole will be the focal point of a war at some point I guarantee. Russia is already claiming it as their own, China is no longer a sleeping tiger, and America with Alaska up there I'm sure is staking a claim as well. Money is the root of all evil and oil has officially become the fertilizer of that root.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
so we are planning on drilling for oil through the ice caps? This is wild...the plot thinkens...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Then why did Iran perform missile tests today in the public eye?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

HMMMM

If the threat of war is a joke, why did Iran have war games?

Why did the launch 9 missiles (in their terrority) one having a 1200+ mile range.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
yeah i dont get it either to be honest. They are probably just trying to show the US and Israel that there will be repercussions if we attack them. We threaten them every day and do nothing, maybe they are getting cocky.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The Iranian President is right. He may not have the right reason as to why the "West" has caused oil prices to rise, but it is the "West" who are causing oil prices to rise.

It might not be that the stock market stoking up fears about oil production is causing it, for me it's the "West" invading and threatening to invade some of the largest oil producers and those with the largest oil reserves. What did the "West" think would happen, "Yeah, let's go kick their ass and them ask them to sell us oil at a reduced price"?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yeah wasnt the Iraq war supposed to lower oil prices?

top topics

join