It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted beside Tornado - NEW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi all, reading the tabloids today, noticed another report in The Sun so I've put it up for you to see, what do you guys think of the pic? (I couldn't link it on the site because its copyrighted and ATS don't need no trouble!) i think it's pretty cool, but iI'm no photoshop grand master so it's up to you guys to debunk it!

A TORNADO may have scared off a UFO about to land in Lancashire, a dad who snapped the bizarre incident said last night.

www.thesun.co.uk...

take care, have a cool day.

p.s. maybe rupert murdoch has a thing about ufo's?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Almost certainly a bird, and very certainly just a funnel cloud and not a tornado

I do agree though - The Sun has a thing about UFOs at the moment.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just another mysterious blob found on a photo and being called a UFO.

I don't see a disc. Never heard of tornado's being in lancs either.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
yea I think it is a funnel cloud, i was just going on what the sun had written...

Freak weather over Lancashire:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
damn tornadoes are cool, yet very distructive

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Being from the midwest USA, I can tell you without a doubt that there is quite a bit of "IFO's" being spun around a tornado. Couches, roofs, cows, cars, and Dorothy for example. It's difficult to stop and identify an object when you're running for your life to a storm shelter. Look at any tornado video and you'll see thousands of "flying objects". Get out of the way though, if you see one up close in person, because one of those "flying objects" could kill you.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

T’S the summer of the UFO – with dozens of mysterious objects boldly glowing where none has shone before.

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
to be honest, i have given up on images of ufo's, i feel these days it might be better just to listen to peoples (hopefully) honest stories

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Off topic, I know, but....for clarification.

A tornado is a funnel cloud that has touched the ground. Sometimes, the lowest portion of the spinning vortex is invisible, so, in reality, it could be a tornado. The only reason the lowest portion becomes visible, is because it sucks up ground debris, giving the vortex a shape...or the incredible low pressure will condense the water vapor within.

Carry on.....

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Following the logic of Occam's Razor, its most likely to be some debree spun out from the tornado. Interesting picture, keep them coming.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The World does not seem to grasp that UFO's are 100% real, i mean come on you seriously think that in all that space, galaxy, a begining with no end. That there is nothing else other than our selves. I am telling you and everyone else out there. We are now being watched more than ever before. And within the next 10 years thats 10 not 1000 or 100, 10 years we will be in company with alians and they will be cohabatting on out planet. They could have even destroyed theres as we are destorying ours, and need to move on. Or they could again be just like us and want to be in control of everything. Look at us, we go to mars??? when we have earth??? we go the moon??? why. Because we cant help but think..... mmm what if..... whats there...... and whats beyond that? we have the whole world and yet we want more. Just like these other.... UFOs.

They will attack mark my words!!!

Sean Johnson

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Since this was seen on a "fishing trip" there's a chance that this is actually a "waterspout".
RR

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by starcraft

hey starcraft, thanks for the info! it's always nice getting posts like that. Yea, I'm sure it is debris, I kinda thought that when i posted, i'm just keen to put up mainstream media ufo reports as they come in.

p.s. i bet you're excited about the new starcraft game....!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Thanks The GreensGoblin, appreciate the compliment...and thank you for posting. I always love to see mainstream media coverage of UFO's also.

GreensGoblin?....are you a golfer?

I didn't know of the game "starcraft" actually. When I was a kid, my parents had a camper and the brandname was Starcraft. My UFO sighting were "star-like"...hence the name.

To the other poster, yes a waterspout, meteorologically speaking is simply a tornado...by definition....but over water. A funnel cloud, over water, is still a funnel cloud.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok I would like to be first to debunk this one,
because I was there and watched the whole event
from my daughters school fayre!
It`s a photograph of plastic that`s been sucked up
and was being tossed around.
At first we watched as one of the funnell clouds
(it wasn`t a tornado,it never touched ground)
rip up what looked like black plastic that`s used
to cover pallets of soil etc from Dobbies Garden Centre
nr Rufford,some even saw roofs being ripped off garden
sheds.
I must say it was an incredible sight as we do not get
that many of tthis kind of weather phenomenon.
Sorry people all it is is plastic and bits of debris.
I told you the Sun newspaper is not to be trusted!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

Theoretically speaking...if the vortex picked up debris, it "became" a tornado at that point. The plastic became part of the cloud, as the video showed...and in my opinion, that was a tornado. Count yourself lucky to have seen such a sight...it's very rare. Here in the midwest of the USA, we have what's referred to as "tornado alley". It's the most common place on earth for tornados. I've been here all my life, and have never seen a tornado.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by starcraft
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

Theoretically speaking...if the vortex picked up debris, it "became" a tornado at that point. The plastic became part of the cloud, as the video showed...and in my opinion, that was a tornado. Count yourself lucky to have seen such a sight...it's very rare. Here in the midwest of the USA, we have what's referred to as "tornado alley". It's the most common place on earth for tornados. I've been here all my life, and have never seen a tornado.

Aye everything is bigger in the US we know LOL

Seriously though we don`t get many of these in the UK,
and it was a site to behold.
Shame the pic is not a UFO,but then the Sun here in the
UK will try and sell anything as the truth these days!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
thanks elmer, nice and speedy debunk! I'm gonna stay clear of The Sun, such a shame, because its such a great newspaper!

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
help,i keep having repeating dreams of ufo's its terrifying,first the stars realign then tornados are everwhere.choas is everywhere.even some of the ufo's crash the atomsphere is black and lightening like crazy.i'm not a ufo buff or watch shows on them but these dreams seem so real its scary any info please comment thanks

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
Following the logic of Occam's Razor, its most likely to be some debree spun out from the tornado. Interesting picture, keep them coming.

Yes this was the first thing that came to mind just after reading the title... a tornado does just that, whips stuff around in the air.. sure it was a UFO, unidentified flying object from someones backyard... poor guy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join