It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Bush at a school on 9/11?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scotty18

Please read the title of the thread.

The OP is asking what Bush was doing at the school so we answered.

There are alot of things that went on that morning that many of us don't know and will never know!!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cnm1976
When Bush was told about the first plane hitting the WTC it is stated his thought was " What a stupid pilot ".

Close. Bush wasn't told, he claims he SAW it:

Bush reveals first thought: There's one terrible pilot
Matthew Engel in Washington

The Guardian, Wednesday December 5, 2001

President George Bush added a new and bizarre twist last night to the folklore surrounding September 11 when he revealed his initial reaction to the first plane hitting the World Trade Centre. In answer to a question from an eight-year-old in Florida, he said his first thought was: "There's one terrible pilot."

Mr Bush was back in the state where he spent that fateful morning, before being flown off on a zig-zag cross-country journey which finally took him back to Washington. This is not considered his finest hour, and the latest comment seems to be further evidence about the sluggishness of his immediate response.

Mr Bush got the news outside a school classroom before going in to talk to the kids about a reading programme. He went in as planned but then Andrew Card, his chief of staff, came in and whispered the news of the second plane hitting the twin towers.

He said yesterday: "I saw an airplane hit the tower - the TV was obviously on - and I used to fly myself, and I said, 'There's one terrible pilot.' And I said, 'It must have been a horrible accident.'"

Of the second strike, Mr Bush told the youngster: "I wasn't sure what to think at first. You know, I grew up in a period of time where the idea of America being under attack never entered my mind - just like your daddy and mother's mind probably. And I started thinking hard in that very brief period of time about what it meant to be under attack. I knew that when I got all the facts, there would be hell to pay for attacking America."

The story that he was watching TV contradicts reports from correspondents at the time that he got the news in a phone call from his national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice. It also adds further puzzles: why he was being made to wait; why he did not at least delay his entry into the classroom; and why is it obvious that an elementary school would have a TV set in the corridor...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You know that whole thing always bugged me. The country is being attacked and you just sit there and do nothing?

With the majority of the military gone and not there to protect the country. George Bush knew they were attacking and yet he just sets there. Looks like a good example of what to do in a national emergency, do nothing.

I have had people say to me what was he suppose to do. Well lets see, if you know someone is having a heart attack do you just sit there, or do you see if there is SOMETHING you can do? Do you just look like nothing is happening.

I don't understand, when he was told, the moment he was told, why didn't he say "Kids I have a business matter that needs my attention. Excuse me..." or something like that, and then go see what he could do.

The other thing is the fact that the first tower was hit 10 or 15 minutes before the second. And he had been told the first tower was hit, so why did he even go into the classroom to read the book in the first place? Why wasn't he tending to the country?

They grounded all flights right away, so if that could be done, then why didn't he do more?

And in case anyone forgot what his face looked like that day... here you go...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So no-one knows if its 'normal' for an American President to attend a school book reading?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaimless
And in case anyone forgot what his face looked like that day... here you go...

Great video of Cheney and Rumsfeld's pet goat!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I don't know who made this footage but it is great. The timing on it is amazing. To see Bush sitting in a classroom and what is exactly happening at the towers at the same time. This is what really pisses me off about the whole thing.

While Bush is sitting there remember this, there were people in those towers and they were jumping out the windows. If you haven't seen it, the movie "The Falling Man" is on you tube as well. You can see people flagging sheets or table cloths from the window. The second tower hit, falls at the same time Bush is done in the classroom.

The whole world stopped that morning. The whole world, everyone but President George W. Bush...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sure a president often does public things like speak at schools, factories, or universities when:

He has an image problem and needs to be seen as one of us.
BUT-Bush was only president for less than 20% of his term and was still pretty high in the approval ratings at the time.

He is running for reelection and needs the good press.
BUT-Bush wasn't worried about reelection.

When he has a specific bill he wants passed like the No Child Left Behind program.
BUT-No Child Left Behind was already approved by both houses by June of 2001.

So can anyone else find a plausible reason why the president was sitting in a school?

Jon

EDIT:Because even I make mistakes.

[edit on 7.9.2008 by Voxel]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cnm1976
When Bush was told about the first plane hitting the WTC it is stated his thought was " What a stupid pilot ".

I think word for word it was "That's one bad pilot", but either way, same thing. I'm not going to rule out that Bush was behind or knew about the attacks, but I find it hard to think he would say that if he knew what was going on. Then again, I guess it was innapropriate to say it in the situation that he thought was underway. I guess all that statement proves is that Bush is a dumbass. Oh well, keep investigating peoples. Personally, I think it's more likely that Bush knew something was going to happen, but not exactly where, when, and how. (Mostly because of the infamous memo.)

Edit - Sorry for being a little off topic, I just always thought that was a stupid statement for Mr. Bush to make. (Mr since he didn't win in 2000. I don't call that man president.)

Edit - I see a source in another post says "There's one terrible pilot." My bad

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

MMM DEBUNKED? by a link with nothing there?

I know the picture circulated showing him reading from that book in 2002 (and this is the important bit!) was debunked yep it was photosnapped.

I thought though we were talking about the actual events and video on that day 9/11? wernt you too?

I am not on about the book picture widely circulated, and yep debunked and certainly not with the link you mention!

Dont you think its strange that whenever he goes to a school he reads "my pet goat" the photo you are attempting to alude to that was debunked for being upside down , was though the same book, and taken in 2002.

Wherever he goes if a school and book are concerned goats are also present!

Kinda makes me think of the old film Dragnet with Dan Akroyd, I am expecting him to pull out his Goat Leggings!

I just watched again the entire vidoe of that day and bush in the school, and it does look upside down to me. It has not been debunked either!

I am talking about the day of sept 11 2001 not some time in 2002 in another state!

Debunked bah bah bah blah!

If the book was upside or not though, the name of the book is the important thing, and it does have esoteric meanings, so is the fact he was with the children.

As to the poster stating that its good to talk about facts and beware the silver hats, wheres the facts then?

dead links? differant photos?

If you really believe ANYTHING gets released to the MSM any images, pictures or video of bush without being spun and managed first, well to put it plainly you may be a bit naive for modern society!

He was filmed there that day, doing what he was doing, because they wanted us to see it that way, full stop.

I mean my god this man can spin the UN start a conflict based on facts that dont exist, win elections by fraud and you seriously think they are not sophisticate enough to spin every second of media shown?

Wake up.

Kind Regards

Elf
Mischeviously WeraingaTinFoilHat
If you look at the full video of that day of bush in the school and I just washed it again

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotty18
thedman and cnm- Please stop posting facts it's really getting in the way of tinfoil hatted conspiracy theorists.

You mean facts like Bush stating he saw the first plane hit on TV that day even though it was not shown on TV untill the next day?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ULTIMA1

Yea an amazing feat. Bush was the only man in the world to actually see it LIVE.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mmm. That link now just has a stupid green face. Well, yesterday when I first reviewed it, I read a detailed analysis of the picture, and how it proved that the cover of the book was a mirror image of the actual book. The front and back were reversed of what it should have been.

Basically, the picture on the front of the book was on the right side, when if the book was upside down, it would be on the left, since it is on the front cover of the book.

Wierd how that analysis is now gone.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join