It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stimulus Checks: What have we Done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Stimulus Checks: What have we Done?

We know by now with this slimeball administration that nothing comes without strings attached.
Did anyone ever stop to think what the puppet masters playing with those strings actually had in mind with those "free" pieces of silver [well borrowed] that they so kindly handed out?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Stimulus Checks: What have we done?
It's to late now, the damage is done, all of the checks have gone out and by now all of the money has been spent either filling up the gas tanks or paying down credit cards debt.

Not exactly what the planners of this debacle had in mind when they floated this proposal before the gulable public and congress, but yet it was quickly gobbled up as a viable solution to help "jump start" a then simply "sagging" economy. Nobody had a clue how bad it was yet to get.

No one that is except the people behind the curtain manipulating all of the strings that gyrate our economy on a daily basis. You know, the ones that are capable of bailing out a major financial entity over a weekend behind the doors scheme that ever so subtly winds up costing taxpayers a mere $30 billion. Pocket change some might say. Yet is was done " to protect the market" claim others with outright indignation when we dare to question their actions, as we should.

These same behind the curtain movers and shakers ever so slightly pulling and playing the ever so taunt strings of the economy taunt, borrowing the $150 billion to pay for this stimulus so that we lowly peons could have some relief from our daily burdens. How very kind and gracious of them to think so kindly upon us.

What else could posibly be going on behind the curtains that we mere mortals are not privilaged to see?

We now know for a fact, after the fact, that we have been spied on by our very government contrary to laws that were put in place to prevent them from doing just that. Yet now there is a quasi battle going on for our benifit on the floor of Congress to update these very same laws to "prevent" these abuse from "ever, ever" happening again.

The sticking point seems to be retroactive immunity for the telecom agencies that helped the person at 1600 do his spying. Why is this an issue? Well, it appears we are to grant immunity on an issue that we have no idea of what they were doing, why they were doing it, but the most troubeling of all is that they were doing it all well in ADVANCE OF 9/11/01. Why?

Since September 11, 2001 we have had an assault on our personal freedoms the likes never encountered in our entire history, which made it very ironic todday to sit and listen to these elected persons rant and rave today on the floor of the Senate.

Rather than taking care of business, which they had quite a bit to take care of, they instead took the time to read inane pieces of ancient history extolling the wonders of our Declaration of Independence. The very document under attack the day they are wasting time telling C-Span how wonderfull it was that it was created.

Why for heavens sake was it so important in their reading of documents to extoll the facts that the Jewish religion has been so pervasive and invasive in our politics since the 1700's. I had no idea that Apaic was around that long and had an influence over President Washington way back then, imagine that. Were they persecuting the Palestinian people back then too? Or were they just starting out as lobbyist's at that time, collecting monies to become an influential group?

Which brings us back to the stimulus checks and the unknown consequenses I fear we may have allowed to happen.

Think about a few things that have happened in the last few years for a moment: American citizens can now be arrested, taken away to undisclosed locations, unable to contact an attorney or families, labled an "enemy combatant" and detained indefinatly at the choosing of the president. We now have the patriot Acts parts one and two, the military commisssions act, a homeland security department, Northcom, a new and expanded FEMA, a continuity of government program in place, programs for and in preperation for avian flu or pandemic outbreaks, we have secret plans behind the security and prosperity programs held between the usa canada and mexico which we are told to be "harmless", the NAFTA superhighway where roads are being built, funded and supported by Spain contrary to our sovereignty. Local and state governments are so short of cash they too are "leasing" the roads to outside countries to now become toil roads for the income and the list is a mile long.

A national ID card is on the table, bio-metrics is in the works, chip implantaion is their next wet dream and we have walked into their program hook line and blindfold sinker by agreeing to and signing up for these stupid dam stimulus checks.

These masters behind the curtain pulling the strings needed an easy way to once and for all get a handle on just how many people there were in the country, exactly who they were, how much money they earned and an exact physical address for each and every physical person, their dependenents and anything else they wanted without waiting for anything as unreilable as a census to take place.

In a way it is and was a brilliant plan. Offer everyone in the country something no one would ever, ever trun down....FREE MONEY....no strings attached...no taxes paid on it....all you had to do was fill out an income tax form and we, you ever so generous government will send you a cechk for X number of dollars to help you out of this little slump.

And now the last of the check are going out, I know it's the last batch as my numbers are among the highest and sadly it has taken me this long to realize what the game has been all about.

All we can do now is sit back, watch and wait, be a lttle more prepared for marshall law when it comes, elections if they are allowed to take place vote to take each and every one of those currently in office OUT.

It is time for a new day in this country and it can only be done with a clean slate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
i used part of mine for rent.

and the other part to but some new fishing gear..

edit to add:

also the jump for a 600usd check to marshal law.

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
we spent ours on rent and food and to get one of our cats neuterd. all it realy ment to us was that for one month we dident have to struggle to get by. sadly it dident last long meh, the realy crummy thing is my father in law who works his ass off and is seriously in debt because his wife had realy severe cancer and then died and the medicle bills have left him extremly in debt. he could realy use that check to pay off some of his credit. oh well lifes hard wear a helmet.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alan1111

"We" have been stiffed once again for certain, we have borrowed money as a nation from the upperclass, and we will all pay intrest on it. Republicans love you as long as you're in debt to them!

"We" also increased the price of gas inlieu of the drop in the dollar.

"We" sold our souls to the banks of America, the Federal Reserve, and The Military Industrial Complex.

"We" mostly spent it on drugs and cigarettes!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Mine will just goto pay the taxes I owe.

I see it as they want to drive the economy down. Lets print some free money and drive inflation up even more.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I got mine today...but the Bank said I had to wait 3 days for it to clear.

So theres a chance it may not be good? And hell my paycheck only takes a day to clear pfft.

When it does clear its what a car payment and house payment, all gone.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
ROFL. That's quite a stretch there. You claim is that the stimulus checks were actually an effort to conduct an early census because they're too impatient to wait until 2010 when the regular census happens? I really want to laugh, but the tone of your post seems to indicate that you're serious so I won't.

As far as the stimulus checks go, my check for $1800 went straight to the credit card company. I like to think that this will help the ecconomy because Bank of America now has $1800 more to loan out to the debt hungry nation.

On a side note, what's your theory on the second batch of stimulus checks that is being discussed currently? It would seem that they already have all of the addresses now for your martial law theory...so why send out more?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for mine...

But unfortunately my check will be going to Capitol One

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Unfortunately for your theory, OP, there was a few requirements for collecting said check.

Like for one, a person needs to be a tax payer who made over $3000 last year, or something....

Shame, some people that they would WANT to catch don't fall into that category. But I hope your theory is right, it sucked not getting almost enough for another month rent...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Everyone I know bought new guns or LOTS of ammo. They should fund thier own demise, they want to do everything else for use,lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I still say that if they do this again, we should all use it to take a nice vacation from work......then there will be no stimulating anything, since really, we aren't gaining any money, and well...they will be losing money, since we won't be earning any money during our nice vacation, no earnings, no taxes....
probably would be the last time they gave us a stimulus.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I used mine for a generator for my home when the power will go out.My wife used hers for a new desk.I guess we helped.

The whole thing is laughable that they think some of us don't see what is going on.It is almost an insult really; it is like the master throwing his dog the scraps from the table.In the end when it gets really bad, I think there will be some head hunting going on and I don't mean the job finders.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by CaptGizmo]

top topics

join