It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Predictive comparison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My goal here is to compare as many Titor predictions I can muster and compare what was a hit and what was a miss and what is debatable or waiting to pass. As I am referring to my print out copy of the story I am gonna be paraphrasing alot so bare with me.

1.Ice caps not melting any faster than they are now.

This one is the first one I come across and it is debatable. Ice caps are melting but the rate of melt is something to be determined...

2. No centralized churches.

Waiting to pass, however as more churches are surrounded by scandal more people are leaving the mainstream churches... and if the Vatican were nuked the mother church would lose its influence over the rest of the Christian religions...

3. Wireless internet node.

A quick google search says this one is a hit

4. Civil war that starts in 2005

You have your opinion and I have mine but lets hold this to the letter of scrutiny and say no hit. Not yet anyways.

5. N-day 2015

Waiting.

6.Hydrogen fuel cells and more efficient solar cells

A hit but one need not be a time traveler to predict this one.

7. Phone service via web.

Hit

8. Genetic medicine and cloning organs are the obvious new techs of the future.

Yes they are

9.It is a mistake to give anyone your unwavering belife... but you will find that out in 2005.

Hit? Miss? You decide. Katrina landed in 2005 along with the FEMA FUBAR.

10.While you sit and watch your constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food , buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from the millions of people suffering and dying all around you.

Hit hit hit and hit.

11. Movies and TV shows distributed over the net as the entertainment industry destabilizes/ decentralizes .

We are watching that happen today. It is an inevitable hit. Torrents and YT will end the era of TV.

12.Does the continuing conflict between Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the up coming war? Titor responded YES.

Waiting to see what Isreal and Iran will do.

13. A high speed train system connects the larger cities.

Waiting

14.I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses.

HIT

15. Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election."

With the invasion of Iraq in 2003 Oil started going up which by all rights and means could be considered the beginning of destabilization of the west from a historical perspective. And if you did not notice the civil unrest during the last elections as protesters were confined in free speech zones or rounded up into warehouses as they got shot, tazed , and microwaved.... well then you must of joined ATS today.

This one is a hit.

16. How and why do the Arabs Jews become entangled in the civil war of the U.S.A?
They are not directly involved but political situations are dependant on Western stability, which collapses in 2005.

Well since our western stability is in a state of collapse but has yet to officaly crumble I say MISS!

17. No olympics AFTER 2004.

Waiting.

18.Can anyone tell me how many companies in the United States still manufacture bicycle tires today? Anyone who still has a bike in 2008 will find out.

If you can find a US company that manufactures bicycle tires let me know!
HIT!

19.Avoiding conflict with the FEDERAL POLICE and national guard.

SURPRISE! The unconstitutional federal police EXIST NOW!
Hit

20.Is a draft coming. Titor said YES.

As of this date it is a miss while we wait and see.

21.Mad Cow pandemic

Many more people have mad cow then you realize. In japan medical experiments proved that CJD can last for years in lab rats... can you translate that to human? No hit. No miss... Just realize this is a subject you should investigate for yourself.

22.Hydrogen is converted into propane because it is easier to handle.

I think this is a hit
because if science can make hydrogen from propane logically
they should be able to reverse the process...so I say hit.

23. A poem named a soldiers winter.

Written by Larry Cluck in 2006
HIT

24.Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is it just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war?

Yes that is a hit hands down.

25. Will you readily be able to identify the enemy? Titor responds: they will be the ones arresting and holding people with out due process.

I think you know the answer as to weather or not this is a hit or a miss.

So lets add up the score. HIT 13 MISS 2 Debatable/Waiting 10

Thats My conservative score. Whats yours?

[edit on 10/18/2007 by titorite]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
There we go Edited to make the links work properly

OH and I forgot C.E.R.N. It did not come online in the Time frame Titor said it would. MISS so that makes 3 for the miss

So Anyone have an opinion?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thank You OP, I really like how you put this all together. There is no doubt in my mind that TITOR knew what he was talking about in 2000/2001...its only debatable wether or not he was a time traveler. But thats not important, his accuracy is uncanny...even Sylvia Brown would be impressed.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
So is there a reason I can not see the last posters response? He is not on my ignore list.

Also I should mention... In light of recent threads I thought this one bit was inconsequential in regards to Russia... so I left it out.. But some asked specifically why the EU was attacked. Titor said the EU mobilized its army out of Germany and marched east. With that czech republic missile defense shield I thought I should mention it.. technically it would be considered either a waiting or a miss... but as Russia threatens military action I thought it wise to mention it...

mmmmmmm

I wish titor was wrong more often.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
A fair few of the ones you list as HIT, i would disregard as things that anyone with a grasp of technology could easily have predicted, just two examples.

3. Wireless internet node.
7. Phone service via web.

Some of the others are pretty generic too, a good cold reader could probably do as well as or better than Titor.

Stuff like 10.

While you sit and watch your constitution being torn away from you, you willfully eat poisoned food , buy manufactured products no one needs and turn an uncaring eye away from the millions of people suffering and dying all around you.

I don't call that hit hit hit, loads of people were saying stuff like that way before titor, gm food controversies, clintons wiretapping, consumer culture are not exactly good predictions.

Lots of his more specific ones, that would actually be a little more impressive, are the wait and see... example

17. No olympics AFTER 2004.

Some people claim that this has failed already due the 2006 winter games, but if we give titor a pass on that, we'll find out on that pretty soon.

I'm sure most of Titor came with standard disclaimers anyway, possible alternate timelines, by telling us things he changed the future, etc, etc

The true believers will never give up, even if all his specific ones that would be impressive fail.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Still not seeing ya... I mean I can see that you responded but when I click on the thread I do not see your remarks on the thread. BUT then I hit the reply button and scroll down and I can read your remarks... What gives?

ATS glitch?

As for the 2006 olympics.... I had forgot. That IS a miss. 4 misses then. I myself do not pay much attention to the winter olympics... Mostly I hear people calling the 2004 olympics a miss because it did happen...

But hindsight is everything... I gotta tell ya in 2000 I never thought phone service would be through the web. But I am not always up on the latest technological gizmos... and as for the wireless internet nodes... From what I was reading on google that was only invented last year... But again I am not techno savvy

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I made a post as anon that hasn't shown up yet, saying why I thought some of these are not really very impressive predictions. Just by pure coincidence, a document I was reading gave a source for one of these, why Titor was not exactly making an amazing prediction with the online movies bit.

"Movies-on-demand will mean wide availability of networks with speed in the hundreds of megabits per second."

"Tragic loss or good riddance? The impending demise of traditional scholarly journals" - September 26, 1994

www.dtc.umn.edu...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
There we go Edited to make the links work properly

OH and I forgot C.E.R.N. It did not come online in the Time frame Titor said it would. MISS so that makes 3 for the miss

opinion? yes 3 miss's is one too many for someone who knows what the future is, or past for him

you cant be wrong if youve lived through it already right?

so he is debunked

sorry thats the bottom line

he has no room for error, being a time traveler, he had to be smart and know things, so why 3 miss's

cause he is not who he says he is

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

opinion? yes 3 miss's is one too many for someone who knows what the future is, or past for him

you cant be wrong if youve lived through it already right?

I take it that you have not read the 100 or so pages of Titors story. If you had you would of read about his timeline not being our timeline. Similar but not same. His exact past is not our exact future.

Of course we can go back and forth forever but you keep your opinion and I shall keep mine.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   

ive read the timeline crap and think its false

again my opinion but you asked for some opinions

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The fact that Titor made some predictions that came true, though were based on things which the knowledge of, if not readily available, or known by the general public, was still known at the time, tends to loose some creedence to the story.
Add in the fact that they are more or less Semi pertinant to the main goal of his mission and that he forgot to mention several other much more long lasting and controversial impact on the world since he left his messages, and that the most important and also unprovable until after the fact instances have not actually occured, makes me relegate this as false.
And then, to further add that he is traveling accross as well as between time, and therfore making his story unverfiable, to me speaks of a hoaxer wishing to not only wanting to make a long standing name for himself, that by some accoutns, has gotten away from him, but also possibly speaks of a attemtp to instill fear and suspision among the people who took him seriously.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I came across a collection of john titor's posts that I found on another website (TTI), just in case someone wants to read it

alecwest.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wireless nodes have been around for some time now and well WiFi was big in 2001 and 2002 right now we're working with better use of the ISM bands and better ways to distribute. The company I work for made a wireless solar node that would be up and distributing for 3 weeks without sunlight. So I think he might be right on that one put that's just my opinion. BTW we have been working with the state and some program that helps the community in time of need and the way to distribute information around will also be important and we're in that group with this technology.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

titorite

To answer bobafett and RuneSpider, one could with Titor's own words... Titor said that information was already there to be searched... He used several examples on purpose.

John Titor: In the last few months, I have had numerous extended conversations online and there are quite a few things I’ve said which can easily be checked out but haven’t.

Your "prediction" list is somewhat questionable, Titor doesn't really come off as predicting the future, the poor guy just wanted to talk about "our" thoughts on religion, politics, ext..... He didn't care about predicting our future, especially when he said, "I have no idea what happens to you in your future."

John Titor: I have no idea what happens to you in your future.
If I go forward to “your” 2036 now, it would probably look nothing like mine
the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view.
I don't know any other way to tell you that I am unaware of what happens in the next week.

Titor's history will always be some what different from ours, as his histoy departure is not ours. Example: His Olympics is not our Olympics.... Titor didn't predict ours to be canceled, as some believe.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Talk about hindsight being 20/20 I forgot to mention the stephen hawking thing.
He said that Hawking would change his mind about black hole theory. Specifically that he would retract his original Theory.

Aye... I can't not remember the exact quote in this moment.... Like Titor said though .. even in his time their were people that did not believe in time travel...
Not everyone will be convinced even when it is made public....

Kinda like the USS Maine and the spainish american war. It has been made public that the Maine was blown up from the inside out and that we rushed into that war for less than honorable reasons.... still not everyone will believe it.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

See if you can find that quote, please, I'm interested in the exact phrasing.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
How about an indirect quote
??
And if you would like better please use google and explore for yourself.

Some physicists maintain that John Titor's time machine would never be able to overcome Hawking Radiation, which would fast exceed tolerable levels and cause the singularity to explode. John responded in 2001 that Hawking Radiation could be adequately controlled. In 2004 Stephen Hawking himself conceded that he was wrong about his black-hole paradox and that black holes might allow information within them to escape after all.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Nice, Thanks Titorite. star and flagged.

I have got two a soldires winter peoms if anyone is interested; both written after 2005

Janet Rattay: A Soldier's Winter Time of Year

And the one Titorite mentioned

Larry Cluck :A Soldier's Winter

[edit on 10-7-2008 by monkeybus]

top topics

join