It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A flash back into history...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Consider this a rehash and a MUST know basic in UFO history.
I challenge anyone to try to make sense of this and tell me that these events were actually an accident or a fluke.

The battle for LA:

Prior to the incident in Los Angeles, the Ellwood shelling, in which the Japanese submarine I-17 surfaced and fired on an oil production facility near Santa Barbara, had occurred on February 23, 1942. Reports indicated that afterwards the submarine was heading south, the general direction of Los Angeles. Unidentified objects were reported over Los Angeles during the night of February 24 and the early morning hours of February 25, 1942. Air raid sirens were sounded throughout Los Angeles County at 2:25 a.m. and a total blackout was ordered. Thousands of air raid wardens were summoned to their positions. At 3:16 a.m. on February 25, the 37th Coast Artillery Brigade began firing 12.8-pound anti-aircraft shells into the air at the object(s); over 1400 shells would eventually be fired [1]. Pilots of the 4th Interceptor Command were alerted but their aircraft remained grounded. The artillery fire continued sporadically until 4:14 a.m. The objects were said to have taken about 20 minutes to have moved from over Santa Monica to above Long Beach. The "all clear" was sounded and the blackout order lifted at 7:21 a.m.

And this!

In addition to several buildings damaged by friendly fire, three civilians were killed by the anti-aircraft fire, and another three died of heart attacks attributed to the stress of the hour-long bombardment.

More on the battle for LA.

[im][IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/9404/armyvd3.th.jpg][/im]

[im][IMG=http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/1396/bat1mx1.th.jpg][/im]

Our next headline in history was the Phoenix lights.

[im][IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6673/picture14xm9.th.jpg][/im]

[im][IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1927/phoenixck5.th.jpg][/im]

[im][IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4338/picture10ba5.th.jpg][/im]

AND of COURSE lets not forget about Roswell!

[IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4/roswelldailyrecordup0.th.jpg]

[im][IMG=http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4084/roswell1sv9.th.gif][/im]

If you don't know the history of these above headlines and you're reading this, then you better do some research!

These headlines are important but I find this even more fascinating:

UFO renaissance art work that depicts UFO's in the ART!

Some things just can not be explained...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
The battle for LA

Although it was long time ago and there's not really any good visual evidence, I really like this case for some reason.

Even though the military was shooting at something for an hour, as you mentioned in your post, I believe they dismissed the whole thing as "war jitters". I guess they couldn't use "swamp gas" and "weather balloon" on this one.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for the reply, yeah the excuse for the incident is bizarre but whats REALLY crazy is that people actually died! I mean this wasn't just an exercise!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Regarding your post of UFOs in art work

this image reminded me of the Christopher Columbus' UFO sighting.

Christopher Columbus UFO sighting in 1492

Christopher Columbus and Pedro Gutierrez while on the deck of the Santa Maira, observed, "a light glimmering at a great distance." It vanished and reappeared several times during the night, moving up and down, "in sudden and passing gleams." It was sighted 4 hours before land was sighted, and taken by Columbus as a sign they would soon come to land.

I also think this deserves more credit that people usually give it.
Let's not forget that at the time these people used the sky and the stars to guide themselves in their voyages. I doubt they would easily confuse Venus or something like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That is a really good point danx, theirs no doubt the sailors of that age KNEW the stars! They would never mistake something they saw in the sky at night!

This is another really good link about ufos (also from the same sight) being mentioned in BC era, a really good simple time line.

I especially like this story about a supposed UFO 'battle' over Nuremberg, Germany in 1561

At sunrise on the 14th April 1561, the citizens of Nuremberg beheld "A very frightful spectacle." The sky appeared to fill with cylindrical objects from which red, black, orange and blue white disks and globes emerged. Crosses and tubes resembling cannon barrels also appeared whereupon the objects promptly "began to fight one another." This event is depicted in a famous 16th century woodcut by Hans Glaser.

So if I'm reading my history right... UFO's had a BATTLE over Nuremberg in 1561!!

How can people not know about this stuff!?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing up these historic accounts again, it's always good to review and remember how further back the accounts and sightings go, and really, be amazed at the quality of some of them.

How can people not know about this stuff!?

Unfortunately it's easy to dismiss pretty good cases and sightings nowadays, it was even easier back in those times.

For example, I'm still amazed regarding the Phoenix Lights case, how no amateur video ever surfaced. According to the accounts, thousands of people saw this massive triangular craft fly over them, and no one filmed it? We should have pretty good footage of a massive craft flying over, yet the only thing we have is a 2 minute clip from the later incident in Phoenix (the flares) filmed from afar.

I have no doubt that something truly amazing happened in Phoenix on that day, so it was either so mind blowing that everyone couldn't even react to go get a camera, or a very effective cover-up worked.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh ya you're talking about this?

It is amazing thats all we got from it. All those witnesses and that's the only film? Seems weird I wonder if there are other videos out there I haven't seen.

I don't know if you've ever seen this though, it could explain it I guess...

Man claims responsibility for Phoenix mystery lights

The man, who did not want to be identified, said he used fishing line to attach road flares to helium-filled balloons, then lit the flares and launched them a minute apart from his back yard. He said he believed turbulence created by a passing jet caused the balloons to move around.

Above video is really interesting, pretty much the former gov of AZ admitting phoenix lights was alien spaceship

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It is amazing thats all we got from it. All those witnesses and that's the only film? Seems weird I wonder if there are other videos out there I haven't seen.

Yeah, exactly what I was saying. And as far as I know, there aren't any other videos of it out there. At least none have been released publicly so far.

I don't know if you've ever seen this though, it could explain it I guess...
Man claims responsibility for Phoenix mystery lights

Yeah I've seen it. It has been discussed here on ATS before.

I don't buy it. I believe people really witnessed a solid craft in Phoenix (event 1), but I have no doubt that flares were also released that day (event 2).

Above video is really interesting, pretty much the former gov of AZ admitting phoenix lights was alien spaceship

I appreciate Fyfe Symington speaking out about what he saw that day, but he passed on a chance to make a real impact when, at the time, he made fun of the incident. He should've spoken up when it happened.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
It was lame of him to make fun of it, he basically had a guy dressed up in a costume as an alien come out at the press conference. It makes me wonder if he was told to make fun of it at the time.

There is no denying this one, its one of those cases that will make a believer out of anyone with a little bit of research.

Here's another video, enjoy.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is a really good video I found about the previous UFO bible art...

It's only part one of five but it covers a huge part of history ufo art.

The first video talks about the abduction of Elijah...

Apparently the word heaven in the King James version of the bible literally means sky, according to this video, so Elijah was taken into the "sky" by a... you know what aka chariot of fire...

very good video, must see imo.

[edit on 17-7-2008 by Techsnow]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Would some plz tell me where all the real researchers are at?

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I once read that the Japanese had attached bombs to high-altitude balloons and set them adrift from great distances, where they would rise to specific altitudes and catch a ride on the prevailing winds there towards the American West coast. It would have been a long shot if any of them made it.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

that's funny you mentioned that
that was a guarded secret during WWII we knew about them. so well guarded infact until one day in the early 80's some hunter was killed and another was injured when they came across one in the northwest. That's when our Govt told us about them.

Back ontopic
isnt the reason that hour long barrage in LA kept going was becuase they actually had something locked on with search lights?

top topics

join