It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topic: 911 Scapegoating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
To whom it may conern:

Considering the questionable origins and reliability of religious texts in general (and the fallibility of man), it seems foolish that anyone would take their religion so fanatically that they'd go to the extreme of imposing their beliefs on others by force. But that's what some fundamentalist Muslim clerics believe is the calling of all Muslims and, therefore, advocate jihad to their people.

It doesn't take a majority of Muslims to believe in this jihad extremism before it becomes a danger for rest of the world when you consider what will happen when they get their hands on WMDs. This has been the rational behind the Bush Doctrine. It's a nip-the-terrorist-threat-in-the-bud philosophy. Unfortunately it has been weak on coallition building and diplomacy. (I suspect history will show that its main weakness was that it didn't include a bi-partisan involvement and never got the proper momentum needed to make real change.)

Seeing this weakness, political opportunists have ridiculed the Bush Doctrine. Some people have even bought into the belief that there is no terrorist threat at all and it was all made up -- that it's all a Jewish plot of Zionists to start a world war against Islam. Or they believe it's only about oil and "Bush and Company" are making big profits from the War on Terrorism. And to some Muslims it's just a ploy of the US to bring its cultural and economic "imperialism" into the Islamic world.

Who knows? Maybe it is all of the above and everybody is guilty of some form of injustice (sin) that has contributed to the world becoming so messed up.

Being a spiritually minded person, that's what I think. I think before we cast stones, we should look within ourselves and look for the root problem before we start judging others. Blaming others is too easy. Scapegoating is too easy. Realizing the quantum physics of the problem is really the only way out of this mess. The resentment, anger, jealousy, greed, desire for revenge, unwillingness to love and respect our fellow human beings --- this is what allows negative energy to dominate this Earth. This is the catalyst that enables our world to resonate at such low levels and attract darkness.

We are our own worst enemy. We perpetuate self-fulfilling prophecies of doom. It's nobody's fault but own own. Our spiritual ignorance is the cause. Let's wake up and see the Light.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

Hi, welcome to ATS.

I agree that there is no one party that can be blamed for all things, however, if you contemplate that such doctrine is right and all else wrong, I would tend to disagree.

Extremism can derive by in large from the policies of such doctrines you speak of. Take away threat and inequality and you start to peel away the destructive layers of extremism, IMO.

One country's ambitions for oil or strategic placement cannot take precedence over another's right to freedom, self preservation and governance. This is where our current stance presents itself - between secrecy and disinformation of one nation over another's right to survive without external interference.

Within this paradigm, why then should I believe that fundamentalism is such a problem when fundamentalism can be manifested as easily and comprehensively among an administration as it can a tribe in the Middle East without the mass-media support from Fox?

To finish, I agree with your final statement,

The resentment, anger, jealousy, greed, desire for revenge, unwillingness to love and respect our fellow human beings --- this is what allows negative energy to dominate this Earth. This is the catalyst that enables our world to resonate at such low levels and attract darkness.

We are our own worst enemy. We perpetuate self-fulfilling prophecies of doom. It's nobody's fault but own own. Our spiritual ignorance is the cause. Let's wake up and see the Light.

And ask you a question - how do we bring this change about?

Breifne

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breifne
reply to post by Matrix1111

One country's ambitions for oil or strategic placement cannot take precedence over another's right to freedom, self preservation and governance. This is where our current stance presents itself - between secrecy and disinformation of one nation over another's right to survive without external interference.

The current mindset of people and nations is the problem. It creates division -- a "us vs. them." My nation is better than your nation. My religion is better than your religion. History has been an endless conflict between people of one mindset claiming superiority over the mindset of another people. The lines drawn in the sand are reflections of such a history. Fixing this perpetual "king of the hill" dialectic requires a new mindset.

Old thinking will not get us out of the vicious cycle of "I'm-better-than-you-so-you-have-no-rights-to-exist." As long as we remain stuck in our old ways of thinking, we will not have peace, justice and equality. A new paradigm of thinking is needed.

Karl Marx tried to develop a new paradigm that eliminated the injustices of the world. His solution though was to resolve conflict by killing off all his opponents (real or imagined). Obviously that just created more conflict and a new "us vs. them" mentality. No, a workable paradigm for justice and peace requires eliminating resentments and twisted motivations. Otherwise, the darkness lurking in the recesses of the mind simply manifests into projections of itself on a global scale.

Our mindset needs to awaken to a new understanding of the dynamics of life. The old mindset is stuck in the view that the world is made up of matter and there's only so much to go around. As quantum physics is showing us today, this is a false view. Matter is made up of fields of energy that is influenced by consciousness. Without a Consciousness, the order of the universe would fall apart. Entropy would win.

Our DNA is linked with the atomic world. The state of our mind influences our DNA. There is a definite link between our thoughts and the way the world manifests itself. Each of us are made up of the same building blocks of "matter." We are cosmically linked through the electromagnetic fields that flow through us. The idea of "us vs. them" is not an accurate definition of who we are or what our place in the universe is. We are all connnected. If we hurt another person (or any ecology of life), we are harming ourselves.

We are co-creators of the universe. Using the quantum atomic world, our thoughts manifest the image we hold of ourselves into the world. We create our world through what we think, consciously or unconsciously. This is the problem. It's up to us whether we learn to harmonize with the principles of the universe and create synergenic fields of cooperation and fair distrubition. We can choose to energize our photons and become beings of love and light or we can choose to energize our photons with hate and resentment and continue to be beings of darkness.

Ignorance is not bliss!!

join