It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you ask Dr. Michio Kaku? ATS MIX Shows 91 & 92!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Thank you very much Dr. Kaku for your time.String theory imo is one of if not the most important theory that we have when it come to understanding the universe or universes
.My question is what do you think of Hyperdimensional Physics.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Dr. Michio Kaku,

Based on your knowledge, how do you think the universe started? How do you comprehend this concept of infinite time back and forth and the concept of infinite space? How did energy exist? Is energy the true basic building block of matter?

Thank you,
I've seen many of your documentaries.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Dr. Michio Kaku,

Relativity permits the existence of tachyons and thus imaginary time. Maxwell's equations also reveal the existence of advanced waves. Therefore, can the concept of an imaginary part to the space-time continuum be possible ?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku what are your theories about Brain Interface virtual reality?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
My 3 questions for Dr. Kaku

1) Do you think anything negative will happen when they turn on the Large Hadron Collider (LHC)?

2) Where do you see humanity in 5 years? Things heating up with Iran, raising gas prices, USA seemingly becoming a police state, etc.......What are your thoughts?

3) Since your well established in the scientific field and you openly talk about the possibility of "life out there," your credentials are untouchable. Meaning you talk about the possibility of alien life without ridicule by the average Joe. Are you opposed to making a bigger effort to make people more aware that there is life out there OR do you think that you already contribute enough through TV shows and your books?

By the way, your quite a character. 2 thumbs up!!!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How would you feel about the public bringing forth disclosure? I mean individuals coming forth to the public with hardcore evidence that spreads like wildfire. Would you do the same?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hi Dr. Kaku:_javascript:icon('
')
I am a huge fan of "M-Brane" theory. Besides being nearly a "theory of everything", it is much more intuitive and elegant than string theory. It's also shows more consistency with Eastern concepts of the Multiverse, that anything that can happen, does happen, and that reality is an illusion. Given that physics is adopting these "mystical" ideas, do you think that scientists are closer to accepting psi and other models of the influence of human thought over "reality"? Could we really create a new universe?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I talked with Dr. Kaku before on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell back in the late 90's (1997?..check for the program with "William in Fort Worth)..

..anyway,...Dr. Jack Sarfatti has some new "interview videos" on YouTube
and..he usually is more interested in the "DOD aspects" of exotic physics
that Kaku has been. I was into all the "warp drive research groups" at that
time..and asked Dr. Kaku if he had seen one of the "warp drive papers" at
Arxiv.org...(and related wormhole theory stuff)..almost upset Art Bell,
yada..yada..yada..ahem "no but I will check it later..thank you for calling".

Kaku is NOT who ATS needs to talk to.

They need to find some "old Grumman Apollo era physicist" who wants to
"shoot off their mouth" about this new "quantum drive project"..that was
supposedly tested at Area 51 per Dr. Richart Boylan*. Sarfatti has NOT
been briefed..but IF that "disk contains Element 115 and ancient Martian
technologies" (per the conspiracy crowd)..then trekkies:

WE ALREADY HAVE WARP DRIVE

..pls tell John McCain and Barack Obama..and give Wesley Clark a big
round of applause for the best stupid answer to a "ultra-classified project"
question.

Ahem..in 2003 Clark volunteered "..gee there does seem to be more going
on than just E= MC^2".

www.stardrive.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Dear Moderators, unfortunately the questions I wish to question Dr Michio Kaku about are partially presented in mikesingh's post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My question post in contrast with the one I mention above is exclusively about the objects known as Pulsars though, and if any of the thread Moderators feel that my topic in question violates any of the posting rules for this thread then I would kindly ask the original poster mikesingh if he would consider including a small paragraph with my question in brief in his original post.

Dear Dr Michio kaku,

I am sure that these astronomical objects have captured your attention at some point in time, at least it seems that Pulsars

en.wikipedia.org...

or to be precise a specific Pulsar originally termed as

LGM-1 (for "Little Green Men" 1)

by its original discoverers:

Jocelyn Bell Burnell
en.wikipedia.org...

Antony Hewish
en.wikipedia.org...

and is now renamed with another designator as CP 1919 or PSR 1919+21, or PSR B1919+21 or PSR J1921+2153. (who do we have to thank for this confusion about LGM1?)

continued to inspire other astronomers like

Martin Rees
en.wikipedia.org...

Peter A. Sturrock
en.wikipedia.org...

to claim publicly that we may be probably witnessing the signature of an actual phenomenon of extra terrestrial intelligence at work behind the peculiar behavior of most known pulsars we have discovered and we keep discovering.

This is the another Pulsar named as Vela Pulsar and the Chandra X-Ray observatory
has revealed its details including its emanating jets.

en.wikipedia.org...

The jet moves through space like a firehose, wiggling to the left and right and up and down, but staying collimated: the "hose" around the stream is, in this case, composed of a tightly bound magnetic field.

Do you have any interesting stories to share with us about the Pulsars controversy and if they do continue to split scientific opinions about their actual origins?

Dr Michio Kaku I thank you for your valuable time to read this post and also the mods if they include it.

Sincerely,

Spacebot.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm glad you set up this thread. I wrote Dr. Kaku a year or so ago and never received a reply. I realize he is extremely busy, so I wasn't that hurt by it.

My question is this: As a scientist I was wondering if you are concerned about nuclear war. Do you fear it less now than in the 80's or does it keep you up at night? It still worries me greatly and everyone seems to laugh at me for my worry...so I am curious what a scientist would say about this.

If I can mention a quick second question it would be... If a polar reversal ever does happen what can we expect? And how sure are we of what we think will happen?

Thanks so much ATS MIX

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hello Dr. Kaku

Please don't take this personally, but why do many modern physicists label situations, devices, certain fossils and other such things as "anomalous" and ignore them if it does not fit the physical science "norm", even if they are proven factual and could be deemed important?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Heres my question:

Mr Kaku....your book hyperspace mentions certain technological objectives for human kind such as wormhole travel that would not be possible unless we evolve as a species. You speak about the levels of civilizations which exist in the universe or throughout existence and reality as we know and calculate it. We i believe are a type 0 civilization barely mastering our own environment for the good of one race in totality....ages away from taming the dangers of space travel, dimensional exploration and other sci fi non realities. Where does money fit into all of this? The system of exchange ruled by colorable laws and basic paper and ink? If the root of all evil stands alone as a hinderance to the evolution of mankind, evolution of the planet....wouldnt you do away with it??

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
hey dr. K...I know your a super brain and all that, but what do you do for fun in your off time?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
this might be off topic, and if deemed unworthy i'm apologizing in advance

when is the good doctor due to answer this growing list of questions?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The findings of Dr Yevgeny Podkletnov, insist that he was able to achieve a 2.1% reduction in gravity using a spinning superconductive disk. Two groups tried to replicate his work, a group in canada, and the N.A.S.A Both groups utilized a disk fabricated from an upper layer of Yttrium Barium Copper oxide, but the lower layer of the disk used another rare earth element, instead of Yttrium.

According to Dr. Podkletnov's claims his disk was composed of two different crystal structures of the well known YBCO high temperature superconductor; the upper layer being superconductive, and the bottom layer being merely conductive.

According to the other two groups, it was too technically difficult to fabricate a single disk with two crystal structures, which is why they opted to use a different element.

What is your opinion on electro-gravitics in general, and podkletnov's / Li's work in particular?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
THANK S FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY, TO ASK WHAT I CONSIDER TO BE THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION OF ALL !

why do we not hear anything about David Iridium Hudsons discovery of ORBITALLY REARRANGED MONOATOMIC ELEMENTS / DIATOMIC ELEMENTS, since their properties and abilities can create -matter -Give us free energy without limit or pollution. Resonate with dna to make it a 1000 times more efficient and intelligent ,thereby correcting flawes in the dna such as cancers etc... /Give evey human an "instant" higher understanding of everything.with "perfect health "
the ability to travel to stars trillions of lightyears away .without loss of time (instantly)hyperdrive- which nasa has been developing since 2000-also gives us -the amazing ability to cancel out the effects of gravity /and go beyond "nano technology".
also that these elements occur naturally in stardust(6 parts in 10,000)according to "nasa",so nasa "knows "there is life every where inspace because they now "know" life is created by these elements -not comets 0r asteroidsthese things and more have been confirmed by the max planck institute in the US /cornell uni/ institute for advanced studies /etc etc .....
a short video is readily available to watch entitled "lost secrets of the sacred ark " by sir laurence gardner (1hr 20mins) ( youtube google msn etc )hope u can enlighten us all on these matters- thanking you ...GM- "mere amature " but enthusiastic and optomistic!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

With such a sensitive thread I'm yet again not sure whether this is orthodox, but TH3ON3, it's a widely known fact that Dr. Kaku is a very graceful ice skater

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku,

First of all, thanks so much for your illuminating and educational work. My understanding of the universe is so much deeper, having been informed by your writings (and PBS!).

A simple question really, but one that boggles my mind: do photons exist (from "their point of view") in a nearly timeless state? I understand that time moves slower in relation to an object the closer to the speed of light that object approaches. Does that mean that photons are not affected by time? They're moving at just about the speed of light, yes?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
For the good Dr:

A statistician and author of mutual admiration, Dr, Amir D. Aczel wrote a very popular and very convincing book about the probability of life in our Milky Way Galaxy and beyond, named, appropriately enough, "Probability 1".

I was wondering if you might comment on the mathematical models used by Aczel (and others, such as the not-as-thorough Drake's Equation) to estimate or at least hypothesize on the probability of life elsewhere in the Universe.

Are we alone? If not, then by how much would you estimate we are NOT alone? Finally, how does your answer correlate with the Enrico Fermi Paradox ("if the universe is teeming with life - then where are they?).

Thank you for your time and thoughtful consideration.

p.s. I love what you have been doing for enhanced science awareness and appreciation among the general public. Thank you for that as well...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join