It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you ask Dr. Michio Kaku? ATS MIX Shows 91 & 92!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The ATSMIX Team has the opportunity to possibly interview Dr. Michio Kaku. Here's another "rare" chance to be able to have your questions asked for our interview.

Bio
Dr. Michio Kaku is an internationally recognized authority in theoretical physics and the environment. He holds the Henry Semat Professorship in Theoretical Physics at the City College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He has lectured around the world and his Ph.D. level textbooks are required reading at many of the top physics laboratories. Dr. Kaku graduated from Harvard in 1968, summa cum laude, and number one in his physics class.

He received a Ph.D. from the University. of California at Berkeley Radiation Laboratory in 1972. He held a lectureship at Princeton University in 1973. He then joined the faculty at the City University of New York, where he has been a professor of theoretical physics for 25 years. His goal is to help complete Einstein�s dream of a �theory of everything, � a single equation, perhaps no more than one inch long, which will unify all the fundamental forces in the universe.

Dr. Michio Kaku's Official Website

This thread is for questions only for Dr. Kaku, please develop your own topic threads in the regular forum (not in ATSMIX). In order to ensure that your question will be asked, please review all questions in this thread prior so that they are not repeated questions. Also because time is short, please do not create a long-winded discourse prior to asking your question. Be short, direct and to the point.

[edit on 7/31/2008 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku. What an honor to be able to ask a question personally. I have sat riveted to all your C2C interviews.

What is your take on phi and the nature of the universe? It seems phi is everywhere. From galaxies to genetic material.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hi Dr. Kaku!

Big fan here...I love the Universe series on the History Channel and googled you and read all about your latest book, etc.

My Question: There was an episode of the Universe about theoretical particles called Tachyons that can move faster then the speed of light, and some theorizing that there might be a way to somehow harness/piggyback a ride or figure out a way to overcome the problem of mass increasing as the speed of light is surpassed, so that a craft carrying people could theoretically travel with or using Tachyons and I found that idea fascinating. Could you please explain further about Tachyons and this particular theory? Thank you so much!

Cherie

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello Dr. Michio Kaku. Thank you (and ATS) for this oppurtunity.

I would like to ask what is your opinion on possibility of moving material object in time (past or future of the observer).
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Dear Dr. Kaku:

Thank you very much for your thought provoking work.

I have recently discovered the work of Nassim Haramein and sometimes get the feeling watching his presentations that it's all a bit too "new agey" (if you know what I mean).

However, he is publishing everything in peer reviewed journals and seems to carry some academic weight.

My questions are:

Do you know about Nassim Haramein's work and what is your general opinion of his theories? Especially relating to 1) the torsion and coriolis effects in Einstein's Field Equations; 2) his scaling law (the universe has a fractal structure) and 3) His determination of the fundamental geometric structure of the vacuum (cuboctahedral I thinks it's called??)

How do these theories mesh with or differ from yours?

Thank you for your time.

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Dr Kaku
What an honour.
I am not well versed in physics at all, so this is a laymen question from a laymen.
I watched "what the bleep do we know" and was fascinated by the concept of quantum entanglement.
I am not clear exactly what the repercussions mean exactly, but is it fair to say that sub atomic particles are not governed by space time?
I mean, is it only the atom up that is effected by time
best regards
Foremanator.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hello Dr Kaku....

My question is this.

Could the creation of Large Hadron Colliders by alien races explain both the number of probable black holes in our galaxy, and the lack of evidence of other intelligent life despite the drake equation?

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Shambles]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank you, Dr. Kaku, for your willingness to entertain questions from us.

Are there infinite quantum state variations on our reality?

If I exist in a reality with this quantum signature, would I also exist in realities with different quantum signatures?

Should one be able to communicate with one's "other selves" with their different quantum signatures but in some sense strung together with one's self?

Thank you.

Pelle

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hey, great news!! I emailed you about this guy recently, and you told me you'd been trying for a while to get him on.

My questions:

Dr Kaku has explained in the past that the universe is expanding continually, and will eventually 'end in ice' as everything gets so far apart. I understand that when some materials get to these temperatures close to absolute zero, they become super conductors. Will this have any effect on the expansion?

Also, Dr Kaku speaks often about black holes, but something we don't hear about much is white holes, could you ask him to give an explanation of what they are, and to speculate on whether he feels LISA will detect one at the birth of the universe.

And my tougher questions...

Apparently on his last coast to coast appearance, he "reaffirmed his belief that there is a 100 percent probability of extraterrestrial life in the universe". Isn't this unscientific, or does he have some evidence that the rest of us haven't seen?

Does he still believe that in the ET question, that a cover up may be necessary?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
My questions for D. Kaku:

First off I would like to thank you for your time and this interview for ATS.
Keep up the good work!

1) Do you have any worries about the new collider experiments at CERN.

2) At Project Phyre Phly we are researching things that fly over our city at very high altitude and speed that either reflect or generate infra-red and only infra-red light.
Have you encountered any phenomena in our cosmos that could help explain the many targets we see nightly that fit this description?

Looking forward to the interview.

-ProjectPhyrePhly- (P3)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

You could ask him ANYTHING about his private life, he is one of my favorite humans and I speak of him as often as I can here on the forum and in RL.

Wow this would be the greatest interview you guys have ever done, I am so happy to have him here with us.

Let me bring my blood pressure down from having seen this thread and replying this quickly, just wanted to lend my greatest support.

WHOO Hoooo!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku, I'm thrilled with your new book, Physics of the Impossible!
My question is: If, through the use of highly advanced accelerators, like the Large Hadron Collider, we are able to create tiny black holes, would it be possible to fire brief laser communiqués into them, in the future, and receive them now, in the past, providing us with knowledge of events that have yet to occur?

Jeff Popplewell
Cincinnati, OH

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thank you so much for being interviewed on the ATSMIX.

I have heard spoken about advanced civilizations being broken down by "degrees of types", for example a "type one", "type two", etc. How many types could there be, and can you explain how advanced each of these "types" are and where do we as humans sit in the categorical list?

Wingz

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Knowing that you are big on parallel dimensions / universes, do you believe that we will one day have the ability to travel, or enter into, and out of, these realities? And do you think that perhaps, somewhere in the multi-verse, that some very advanced species have already figured out how to do this?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What really justifys the investments made in the Large Hadron Collider?

I find it hard to believe that a project that large was funded strictly for academic research and pure science.

What is the payoff that the investors are hoping to get out of it?

I can't help but believe there is some missing puzzle piece to a really tempting new technology in the balance with this research.

What will the target applications be for the new knowledge coming out of it? Why do we never hear about that aspect?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
What is your understanding of the observer effect, in the sense of whether systems have pre-existing — prior to measurement, that is — properties corresponding to all measurements that could possibly be made on them.
I.E. that anything not explicitly impossible can happen, ignoring the relative probability of such an event.

Wheeler, who probably worked more deeply on this subject than any physicist thus far, devised a graphic in which the universe was represented by a "U" with an eye on one end, turned around and viewing itself, to describe his understanding.
(Wikipedia)

What are your thoughts on this interpretation?

Also, as a post script given enough time, what are your thoughts on the idea of a controlled collapse of a waveform, so to say to manipulate a quantum system in a non-classical sense to obtain a desired effect? I.E. to "falsify" or "entice" an event into being the most probable outcome?

edit;

Should this interview happen, my thanks to a brilliant man.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Dr Kaku,

What is your take on the "Unified Theory of Everything, and the 'Expansion Theory' outlined in the book 'The Final Theory' by Adam McCutcheon?

Basics that the Expansion Theory explains Gravity.

The Final Theory

Thanks for your time!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My question for Dr. Kaku (and excuse my poor English please):

Without implying conspiracies, do you think that some of the governmental and other high-powered institutions around the world know more about PRACTICAL applications of "avantgarde" physics than the public/society at large is currently being taught and told?
In other words, do you think there are instiutions that know more about the fabric of physical reality and ways of manipulating it than the public (including "ordinary" physicists) at large? Or are we all in the same boat concerning physics?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Two question:

1) Do you agree with the Higgs Field theory, and if so do you believe the Large Hadron Collider will detect the Higgs Boson?

Second is maybe more interesting:

2) Do you personally believe intelligent alien life has visited planet Earth, and what is your opinion on the Roswell Incident?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hey Dr. Kaku,

Thanks for not knowing when it's better to run for the hills

My question basically has to do with one of my all time favorite theories and that is the Copenhagen Collapse.

I know Copenhagen Collapse has fallen out of favor with some scientists but I hope you'll indulge me.

For argument sake lets say that the Multiverse consists of 12 stable and complete universe/realities. A stable and healthy multiverse would call for some sort of defense mechanism to ensure the status quo that is the 12 healthy universes.

Could Copenhagen Collapse be a sort of immune system for lack of a better term.

In a multiverse of 12 realities let's say that an overwhelming number drops the bomb. Say 10 out of 12 of the realities go nuclear. The 2 that did not are now the minority and may be significantly weakened. Like the lame animal in a herd.

The significance of dropping the bomb in 10 of the realities could send out ripples causing turmoil within the immune system by creating new realities that spring up due to the event.

So, the multiverse goes instantly from containing 12 universes to say 24 or 40 or 100. All this energy must be contained and redistributed. If it can't be it would put the entire multiverse system in jeopardy by overloading it.

Lets say this event creates 30 universes in a system created to hold 12. Out of those 30 universes 28 are weaker than the 2 realities that didn't drop the bomb.

The energy of these weaker universes are distributed as equally as possible and as efficiently as possible as the mutliverse goes critical.

Catastrophe barely avoided the multiverses immune system must now decide what to do with the final 2(out of 30 realities) that seem to be stronger and now more whole than the 2(out of the original 12) realities that did not drop the bomb.

The system then takes these two stronger realities and integrates them into the system. They take the place of the now weaker original hold out realities(non bomb droppin' hippie realities).

The energy created and lost fromt the death of the two original realities is now and instanteously compensated by the replacement of the weaker ones with the now stronger realities that came into existence because of the 10 that dropped the bomb.

So the multiverse goes from its stable/pre-determined 12 realities to 30 and then back to 12. While the multiverse has changed as a whole and the 12 realities within it are significantly different the status quo of the 12 stable universes remains.

So my questions really is, couldn't copenhagen collapse be an intergral part of keeping the machinery of the multi-verse from overloading by it's creation and distribution of new universes/realities...which could basically be seen as energy distribution.

Thanks,

Spiderj

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Spiderj]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join