It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I don't understand why illegals cry poverty. They come here, are overweight, drive gas guzzling vehicals, have nice clothes own their own homes, have cable television, expensive cell phones, computers etc. How do you come here as a poor person and live better than than most of us legal citizens???

That was an incredibly broad brush.

Most of the illegals move to other countries because they DON'T have those things.

Many jump borders between nations in the backs of other vehicles, not their own gas guzzlers. The fact that they're coming illegally means they don't already have a nice home to move into, nor cable television (never heard of portable cable TV if thats what you're implying), yes cell phones are the norm, but that's because they can get the higher value cellphones for cheaper in their original country... and I've never seen a border hopper coming across with a computer.

That must be quite the spectacle to watch. They should stick cameras on the border and make a comedy show of that. Gas guzzling vehicles going off-road to avoid checkpoints, toting a nice home behind it, computer in the passenger seat, talking on a cellphone while watching cable TV.

Yes, I'm being sarcastic. I know that's not what you meant.

My point is, they come over without these things, and strive to get them after the fact. Sure, they aren't paying taxes, but they aren't exactly getting the high paying jobs either. So I actually give them some credit for pushing themselves hard enough to buy those things... on minimum wage, sometimes less than that.

Seriously. They are just as varied as we are. Don't paint them with such a broad brush.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by johnsky]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Good grief that is maddening. I dont know anymore. If the government isn't doing its job then it is time for a new government, or people are just going to have to start doing for themselves like they did many years ago. These people have to be run out of here, but now I here talk about the cops having to be careful because of "racial profiling" laws etc etc etc. I don't know about you but for me, push is coming to shove. With the financial mess this country is in, everyone I know including yours truly is so stressed out we don't know which end is up, so these criminal mexicans need to lay low.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

We don't want to paint them with a brush we just want them to be legal. Round them all up, take them to Mexico and let them start applying to enter our country thru the legal and necessary procedures, which excludes criminals. That would cut the application load down to about one-tenth.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Here's another piece of info that's maddening . My daughter-in-law has two children form a previous marriage, about three years ago she starts receiving child support checks. Now she's confused because last she heard her ex wasn't working, so she contacts his family and finds out where he is, goes to see him and finds out that still he is not working. She asks how is he paying child support if he's not working, he says he's not paying it and has no intentions to pay it.

So she calls child support and asks where these child support payments are coming from. They tell her he's working out in California, she then tells them no he's not, he's still here and unemployed, so where's the money coming from ? She thinks it's an honest mistake & doesn't want to end up having to pay the money back. The guy tells her " don't worry it's probably just some illegal working under your ex's SS#". So she tells him she doesn't want the money & they need to fix the situation, she's then told " not to complain about it, she should be happy she's getting the child support no matter here it's coming from" and there's nothing they can do to fix the problem.

So she calls social security and is told that they can not discuss it with her because it's not her SS# that's being used, that her ex has to call, which he's not gonna do. She tried reporting it to immigration and they said they couldn't do anything because she didn't have enough details. What more details did they need besides the SS# and a complaint that it was being illegally used ? All they had to do was go through the records find out what company it was being used at & go get the guy & prosecute & deport him !

She finally gave up and just ripped up the checks and threw them away when they came in. Hasn't got any in awhile so maybe the guy finally got caught up.

Now do you see how complex it really is ? The illegal's not gonna complain about paying child support for a kid that's not his because then he really loses out, after all he's guilty of more than one crime, besides being here illegally, he's also guilty of identity theft.. The goverment's not gonna fix the problem because as they see it there is no problem, sure the guy's illegal , but hey they're gettin their taxes, and he's payin someone else's child support ( which means he's also paying off her ex's debt to the goverment) so in the goverment's mind it's a win/win situation. After all the only one's being hurt by this are the American citizens and why should they care about us !

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

That is strange. I have an aquaintance who's niece is raising her three children from a former boyfriend. Another dead beat. She's getting two checks a month. Two people are using the ex's SS # and she's getting checks from both. No one will listen to her. She gave up and just keeps cashing the checks. I wonder how many others are doing the same thing???
Zindo

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
JohnSky, granted many companies pay next to nothing, but there are illegals working in factories that pay very well. I work with them I should know. I also know that legal citizens applied for the same jobs who were just as qualified and got turned away.

One illegal couple that I know, both work, make decent wages and still get help from welfare! They lie and don't mention that they are married and have two incomes.

Illegal Mexican, it isn't your fault that you are in the situation that you are in and I don't fault you for anything.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The government doesn't want to say anything that will stop there flow of income. I am surprised that I have never heard this in the MSM. "Illegals" earn money, most receive checks and they need a ssn. they use fake ssn on the applications whether they are useing someone elses or its just a made up number. That is why they don't all work under the table. I believe someone mentioned something about ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number). Its used to report earnings of people without a ssn, whether here illegally or legally. The IRS runs that, all they look for is to get cash. All the extra money that is not claimed stays to the IRS. That is why when people claim child support there is money. Most illegals that plan to stay here long term have to pay taxes or they get in trouble with the IRS because no one can escape the IRS. Imagine the millions of illegals and now image how much they pay in taxes Then in traffic court money is collected every time one of them is caught with out a drivers license. Some times its even in the thousands for a couple of offenses. It is convenient for the government to have MORE money drawn in to them. Just follow the money...

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I believe there is an awful lot of that goin on. The deadbeats sure aren't gonna complain because someone else is paying off their debt, supporting their children and fattening up their retirement fund from SS.

You see what i mean though, the goverment can catch so many illegals by following up on cases like these, but they don't. And the majority of Americans don't even realize that stuff like this is goin on. People need to wake up and realize just exactly how big of a role our goverment plays in condoning these illegal activities.

The goverment's attitude is no ones really getting hurt, and hey everybody's gettin some money, especially them. But it's identity theft, it's a serious crime, and they just sit there and condone it.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

u know how expensive it is for them? r u serious it's about 1'500 dollars, it would take them years and years and years to save enough and by that time the fees would've gone up, over there, they barely make enough $$ to feed a family with a minimum wage of 50 dollars a week! on 10 to 12 hr shifts.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
"More Mexicans leaving U.S. under duress"

Mexicans eh?? Well im not too bent out of shape over people who are not citizens of this country.. Actualy im damn friggin happy something is FINALY being done about the illegals in this country.

I dont give a damn if your Hispanic.. If your not a citizen or going through the process of becoming one .. Get the hell out.

Oh btw....... It should be mandatory for citizenship the ability to speak english. That is our national language .. Why we have to cater to people who are not citizens is beyond me.

Want to emigrate? Sure no problem .. Do it legally and learn the language.

Anyone else can get a swift kick in the arse and shiped out asap.

[edit on 16-8-2008 by wolfmanjack]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
Every single one of your ancestors that came to America . Under today's standards would be "illegal aliens"

Your all a bunch of racist bigots. The Mexicans are not killing an entire race of people off for there land .

I'm Indian . It's too bad we didn't have the power/"laws" to treat your people this way .
What an ironic world we live in .

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

I really hate how insensitive people are being about this issue. People are approaching this problem as if they would not do the same thing the illegals are doing if they were in the same situation.

I am not condoning illegal immigrants entering this country but I just ask is it so hard for people to empathize and show a little sensitivity? Some people are talking about these individuals as if they aren't human or are just meaningless pest. UNBELIEVABLE!!

I really this world sometimes.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
When my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandfather came to the United States from Germany in 1730, he opened a school and taught other German children in the German language. He was promptly arrested for talking in German. They told him that he has to talk and teach speaking only English. If he was caught doing it again, he and his whole family would be deported back to Germany.
It's a shame that our Government doesn't still use that practice today..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I cannot believe that is happening. A part of me is happy about the guys who were duped by women to be in debt for the rest of their lives. At the same time, I am upset that the government will not do anything about identity theft, when it's called out to them.

I wonder if these working illegals randomly come up with SSN#'s to use, til they come up with existing ones? Or if someone with a list of random peoples' numbers is selling or giving the lists to the illegals, or those who employ them?

Seriously, I know someone who was duped, lied to, and is now in debt for the rest of his life because of what some sicko reaching her peak childbearing age decided to do to him. There someone we can just offer up SSN#'s to, since the gov doesn't take it seriously and seems to think that it's a win-win all around anyway?? lol

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That may be so but what about the hard woking people like myself that come down with some disease like Crohn's and then gets fired because of said affliction and can't get work still because of this affliction and then asks for assistance from the state to help you get back up on your feet only to be turned down while the illegals in the same office get there rent paid full, medical, full food assistance etc.... It's complete and utter crap that a US CITIZEN cant get help from there country but the people that done belong get a free ride hell in washington I've noticed gives alot of support to illegal russians and i've talked to a few of them being all smug about there monthly state assistance checks that cover rent, food, and health while they work and don't pay taxes. You bleeding hearts liberals should be ashamed at yourselves. Illegal means illegal no matter how you word it. Citizens don't get away with anything so can it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join