It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Last Words

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
After searching both the ATS and BTS forums I decided this would best be here, cause it is kind of weird.

I was thinking if while typing in here what if you were dying and the last words you type are the last words you will say. What would you want to be said if these were your last word ever?

So I decide that a post would be good for you to say last words. Sure you may come back time to time and want to add something or change something, but what would you say? What do you want the people you love to know? Do you have anger you haven't had a chance to vent, an irritating soul that you wish you could have said something too? What would it be? Do you have guilt you wish to leave here and not take with you to, well , wherever we go?

I'd like to say for the record, that I love my sons, and always have. Not for one second have I faltered this. I want the world to know it can be better but we gotta make it better, all of us, not just some. If I ever hurt anyone I really and sorry, but I have did the best I can, up to now.

So go ahead and share. What do you want to be known?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I TOLD you I was ill...

O yeah.. and those naughty mags aren't mine.. I was looking after them for a friend..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
For those who I have helped, thank you for giving me the opportunity.

For those who I have hurt, please find it in your heart to forgive me.

For those who I have never met, thank you for being here to help out.

It was a great ride with no regrets.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Oh wow, is it really you? Is this the end? ..... What's that?.... Seriously? That's amazing. People should know this, it would eradicate our fears, create a world of peace and harmony and we'd rid ourselves of hate, poverty and war. It's so simple. It's.....(then I'd die)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice thread Zaim!

I'm not sure what I would say, it depends on if I am happy, or not when I'm dying!

I might let people know I will leave them things around the house, or something!

...or I might just want to haunt everyone, and tell them to be aware!

[edit on 7/7/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You know, my friends and I have been having this same discussion for years. I used to want my last words to be "Be back in 3 days", but these days I'm not sure what I would want it to be. I'll have to think about it. In the meantime, if it happens before I've decided, I hope that whatever it ends up being isn't something stupid like "What's this button do?"

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Thought provoking thread.

In my final minutes of life I would probably not be typing anything, I would be with my family, just holding my kids. I have a great ats friend that I would have my sister notify and let her type what she will.

But if I were to type anything I would encourage those members, and I know there are quite a few, who spend sooooooooo much time here and not enough time enjoying life 'outside' to do just that. Go enjoy life while you have it.

Rush

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I have had this conversation with a few friends previously, and I thought of all the heartwarming, tear-inducing sentiments I could convey. Then I thought, In all my years, I have strived to STOP my friend and family's tears, not to be the cause. I would probably say something timely as:

"I came, I saw, I had ____ for lunch"

or

"Knock knock ...." "Who's there?" "Smelly shoe" "Smelly shoe who?" .....

...And leave it at that... keep them wondering what the rest of my joke was.
I am just silly like that I guess. That is also why I will not have a formal funeral, but rather a party in my honor, or I hope they would throw me a party.... hmmmm

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This may sound terribly selfish of me, but it would be what I want.
I stood by my mothers side while she passed away, and though there was not much time, there were many things unsaid, and of course much pain and sadness.
I want NO ONE who loves me to ever feel that pain.
When it is my time..
I will disappear.
I want no funeral.
I want to go off into the bush and just pass away under the shade of a beautiful maple tree and let nature consume my body as is meant to be.
In my opinion, everything important should be said to those you love while alive.
Nothing should ever be left till the last minute.
The only thing I plan to say while sitting under that tree is..
IT'S BEEN A HELL OF A RIDE..

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
One of the things Givenmay had said to me was important.. well she says lots of important things actually..

But I was thinking maybe I need to clear this up a bit. OK, your sitting at home. You don't know it, at all, but something is gonna happen the following day. Doesn't matter what, doesn't matter to who. But you have a chance, this chance, to say what you want. You don't know that you won't be on ATS again.

It could happen to any of us, at any moment. Well death is a touchy topic, the reality is it will happen to all of us one day. When my husband died (12 years ago), I was there, his last word were, "I'm scared...", and then he was gone.

So today's post is real important. This is it, what you type will be your historical last words, recorded and remembered. Everyday you may have different last words you want to put out, heck I am sure there is something new in my mind everyday that I would like to say to someone out in the world.

And mine for today is: Honestly and truly, with out meeting any of you personally, I think every person here on ATS is the greatest... and I am not sucking up, honest.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would rather my last words were not words at all. For words are one of the causes of confusion on this physical plane. In the stead of words I choose three songs.

Dave Brubeck - Take Five

Richard Wagner - Siegfried funeral march

Dead Can Dance - Cantara

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I thought about this once or twice before and I wrote this poem about it...

Is This The End?

For all you've done for me, and all you wished you could. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I guess there are just some fights you can't win. I wonder how far my memory will float on the minds of those few that still care. Will it float at all? Or will it just instantly be blown away by the winds of the storm. I almost feel as if the Stars will weap for me. Since they have been my closest friends all along. I will miss them most of all. And the Ocean, I will miss you as well. The countless nights you held me close, and carried my tears away with the waves. All I ask is that you do the same for the Stars when I am gone. I cannot forget the Rain. Thank you for never letting me down. You have washed me clean all my life. To the Grass and the Breeze, the Sky and the Clouds. I love you all. May you please never forget me. Tell my story to the Flowers each spring, so that the Bees can carry it to the Trees, where the Birds will take it to all the world. I kiss the Wind one last time and say goodbye. I am ready now to float away.

JesterMan

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

Definitely when you put it that way it gives things a whole new meaning.
So to post it all here and now for all to see...

Without word of a lie, that is how I feel.
I come here for every reason. To learn, to share, to read things from other parts of the world and get a perspective from others that I would never get in real life. My friends are here, and my foes are here. And I talk to ten times as many here as I do in real life. I just prefer a better class of people.

ATS has seen me high, and low. Drunk ( Oh yeah) and sober.
I met the greatest friends, and the greatest love.
ATS truly changed my life in so many ways.
I was a shy little wallflower just over a year ago. Certainly not anymore.
Some come here for awhile..then leave.
I'm a lifer. And I won't leave till my dying day. Your stuck with me.
When I say the greatest site on the net, it's not just because of the content, but what ATS has done for me personally.
It brought me out of a deep dark hole into the light.
Love you all..
AD

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, if I was in the process of dying while typing, I would probably type something along the lines of... "All my base... Are belong.. To ATS.."

Or more seriously, I'd probably tell you all that I'm going to attempt to contact some of you in the afterlife. If it exists, that is.

I just though of something... Are most of us who say we'll be on ATS for pretty much ever, going to be like 80 years old and still on ATS? O_o

-Will

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Ditto Access, it has brought me out of my shell as well, and I do not plan on leaving anytime soon...love you guys too!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There are things I'd like to say about a few people, but there is saying...
"If you got nothing good to say about someone, then say nothing at all".

My last words may very possibly be;

"At last, it's over..what pile of rubbish am I going to get next?"

But then again, anything can happen between now and the time that death removes me from my mortal restraints.

How restricted and bound we all are. How alone we are yet ultimately together. Why is it that we all need something to say just before we die when we could have said all these things in life?

If we had all learnt self expression without fear of being ridiculed, then maybe none of us would feel we have to mourn for a lost one or have others mourn over us.

every persons life should be celebrated for who they are and what they did.

A parent could be a real bad person, but let's hope that the children they help bring forth into this world have learnt something valuable that will be passed on, then the bad parents ultimate gift was his/her kids learning not to be the same. Not so bad after all.

It's almost like lying on your death bed and wondering about what you did or did not do for humanity.

Did you make the everlasting light bulb or cure millions of people or did you just work 9 to 5 in an office and raise a family of more office workers, or did you experience life by travelling the world and seeing and doing new things every day. Or did you just sit on your rear, year in year out, playing online games or chating to others on the net whilst getting your unemployment benefits paid direct.

The ultimate reflection of yourself upon your final moments should be of more concern to you than what you may/may not say.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

I just though of something... Are most of us who say we'll be on ATS for pretty much ever, going to be like 80 years old and still on ATS? O_o

As long as there is a computer in my presence, and the site is still up and running..
I'll be here.
One of these days I'm gonna out post Intrepid. THAT is my goal.

Givenmay..Love ya too hon, and glad you are here. I need another hot chick to help me keep the boys in line..

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Funnily enough I feel kind of psychic and know what my last words will be..Following past experience possibly.I think it'll be something like..

"Do you do a 1200cc version?"
"Shall I plug it in now?"
"What time is your husband due back?"
"Don't be sillly..of course I know how to fly it"
"Watch this"
"So which end do I point forward?"
"It doesn't look so far"
"Honestly, it's perfectly safe"
"I'm sure I'll get the hang of it fast enough".

Whichever one it it. It's been a blast and I'll miss you guys..

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For me it would be the same thing I am having put on my tombstone... With one addition.

On the tombstone:

"You have never lived until you have almost died; for those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." "I have tasted life"

I would then tell my wife I love her.

Semper

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If I were able to plan my final words they would be:

In this life, the greatest thing is to share joy with others. Make everyone laugh, for in laughter you find peace. Those that choose to fight for peace only find it in the grave. Those that act in peace have achieved it.

But knowing me, my last words will most likely be....

"hey what does this button do?"

[edit on 7/8/2008 by whatukno]

<<   2 >>

join