It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus' Resurrection a Sequel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Was Jesus' Resurrection a Sequel?

www.time.com

A three-foot high tablet romantically dubbed "Gabriel's Revelation" could challenge the uniqueness of the idea of the Christian resurrection. The tablet appears to date authentically to the years just before the birth of Jesus and yet — at least according to one Israeli scholar — announces the raising of a Messiah after three days in the grave. If true, this could mean that Jesus' followers had access to a well-established paradigm when they decreed that Christ himself rose on the third day — and it might even hint that they they could have applied it in their grief after their master was crucified. However, such a contentious reading of the 87-line table depends on creative interpretation of a smudged passage, making it the latest entry in the woulda/coulda/shoulda category of possible New Testament artifacts; useful to prove less spectacular points and to stir discussion on the big ones, but probably not to settle them, nor shake anyone's faith.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Like the TIME mag piece states, this isn't the answer to all questions, but it is a very interesting read for those who like this subject, and will most likely only create more questions about the resurrection.

Calling it the Gabriel Revelation, the text on the stone is said to be in the voice of Gabriel and has been dated to a time before Jesus' birth.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I love that everyone claims "It was foretold" "There was prophecy" "We knew about this"

But .......

What happened to this race of psychics ?

These people that could tell the future? Why wasn't john titor worshiped right off the bat?
I mean why am i supposed to believe that ? Why would others?

I still say the bible is 88% plagiarized. This is just more wood for the fire .
If i was part of the culture that really had a hand in these "fairy tales"
I would be suing Christianity to bits.

I think its amazing that the story of our sun and solar cycles . Could get twisted into a control tool .

Sorry to rant.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

SR

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It was directly lifted from Mithras & Mithraism. You can thank Paul for turning Jesus into something he wasn't.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yup. Can't people see this.

There are way to many loopholes in Christianity for me to even consider the fact that it might be the one way to live.

Why do people believe in this?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by d11_m_na_c05
I love that everyone claims "It was foretold" "There was prophecy" "We knew about this"

But .......

What happened to this race of psychics ?

These people that could tell the future? Why wasn't john titor worshiped right off the bat?
I mean why am i supposed to believe that ? Why would others?

I still say the bible is 88% plagiarized. This is just more wood for the fire .
If i was part of the culture that really had a hand in these "fairy tales"
I would be suing Christianity to bits.

I think its amazing that the story of our sun and solar cycles . Could get twisted into a control tool .

Sorry to rant.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by d11_m_na_c05]

I have to say that you don't seem to know much about religious history of the God of Abraham, a good book you could read is "The History of God." It is well known that a lot of the Bible has shared items in other cultures, that's what makes it so remarkable. All of these cultures across the entire globe all have very similar stories. Jesus only claims to be "the son of God" in one of the 4 Gospels...and if you read the Gospels where it doesn't talk about him as God, he is actually a very brilliant character. In this sense, Christianity is 100% truth, I don't know if Jesus was a God or not, but his words are very valuable, and if the world needs him to be a God for his words to be spread, hopefully for the better and not twisted for hate...then let it be. The Gospels are full of moral things that we should all adopt.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

Why do people believe in this?

I think if you really wanted to know you could find out. So I have to guess that you don't and it was a rhetorical question.

To the Topic: Did I read correctly that the date was put to a decade or two before Christ or was it 1st Century AD? I find it a bit hard to believe that a decade or two can be accurately dated 2000 years out. Of course 1st Century AD would be after Christ.

Of course the Prophecies of Christ were many in the Old Testament, so maybe the Jews are a little slow and are starting to pick up on them.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well, I'm a Christian and I'm a Mystic and I've directly experienced God and Elightenment by reading the Bible and doing meditations....even saw some of the Heavenly realms and have never been the same since.

Ressurection is a modern theme that plays itself through-out history in schools of occultism, alchemy, myths, philosophy, egyptology and so forth.

Ressurection is basically when your ego dies and you are born Spiritually, though there is a physical on ethat Jesus did.

Funny thing is that over hundreds and hundreds of people saw Jesus ressurected with the holes in his hands and when the Roman government tried to put a stop to these "ressurection witnesses" they gave them and ultimatum:

Stop telling other you saw Jesus ressurected or you will be crucified. Well, 600-700 people got crucified just like Jesus for saying they saw him ressurected.....cause you know..."Cezar" was supposed to worshipped and was the divine one.

So these hundreds of people that went ot heir death beds for saying that they saw Jesus ressurected with their own eyes are either crazy, where on some kind of drugs that made all of them say the same thing, or it really did happen and they were willing to die for witnessing the truth.

All that Mithras and Sun god and all that other stuff you guys might have gotten off of an internet documentary that never checked its facts got it all jaded.

I have experienced God directly and have peace, Love, contentment, no fear of death...and perhaps a hundred additional spiritually energized realities...that I can only wish all of you could experience. Complete ego death.

This tablet doesnt change anything except specualtions. You can all specualte and assume all you want while I continue to rest in the knowing from my exepriences.

Jesus said that after he leaves, he will send the Holy Spirit to those that walk with him. Guess what???? I've received that promised Spirit and also Enlightenment. That's all the proof I could ever need to justify that its the truth, besides all those witnessed getting kille dfor speaking the truth.....something thats in Historical Roman records.....not the Bible

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I agree with much of what you're saying, because I had a trip of my own down the rabbit hole.

Maybe up to 1400 years before Jesus, Mithra was said to have been born of a virgin on 25 December as the only begotten son of God. He was crucified on a cross to redeem mankind. His followers were baptized in bulls' blood at Vatican Hill.

I would go even further back and tie the Osiris cult to the same theme. All of these echos throughout history used to imply to me that there was a "control system" of religious imagery that evil old men would apply to the great unwashed. After I had a direct experience of my own, it occurred to me that there was a common reality that threaded these various traditions together.

Fundamentalists will reject the idea, and it's really funny in a sad way. They will slam their hands down on the table and point to the words on the page of their favorite scripture and tell you with a straight face that it is the only truth. It never seems to dawn on them that the text of that scripture is pointing towards something beyond mere words.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It could be a pattern of a religious system, carried down through the ages by the Fallen chief angel Lucifer;

The Two Babylons
Written in 1853, it SURELY predates Zeitgeist.
But, it correlates exactly with the Textus Receptus.
Jesus was foretold and counterfeited in Many cultures before His actual first coming.

Pay close attention to this chapter, please.

The origin of the child and mother

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

This is where the real control system dwells - an attachment to dualism.

The human mind knows light vs darkness, good vs evil, up vs down. It's how our brains are wired.

If you are ever fortunate enough to sense the presence of God, and you have been striving for him, like Jacob wrestling the angel, then you will have to take a leap of faith before you receive what you are seeking.

You will not know what is going to happen next. You will wonder is it good or is it evil? Should I put my trust in God that this is Him or shall I push the experience away because it's a devil trying to trick me?

That's how it boiled down for me, anyway. I decided that if this presence I felt tapping me on my shoulder was evil, then it would gobble me up whether or not I had the courage and the faith to open my heart and receive it. I gave every bit of love I could and held nothing back. Nothing. I put my identity, my sanity, and my very soul on the line and made myself vulnerable.

The experience lasted for three and a half days. I have never known a rapture so deep and fulfilling. It's kind of like being "food" and being a "lover" but on an entirely spiritual plane. All duality was resolved to one. My life changed course forever.

Now, I see and hear expressions of this experience everywhere I go. There must be many of us who have a similar story to tell.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Actually I know. Pretty much just a crutch for people so they will make it through life.

Think about it, if a person thinks they know what happens when they die, than that completely saves them the expense of ever having to use their brain. Because they THINK they know.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
jesus said we can do everything he could, so i don't see why other people before him couldn't.

idon't remember him sayingi'm the only one who can and has done this.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Yeah but he did say "i am the way, the truth, and the light, no man cometh unto the father but by me".

So we don't have to act like him but if we don't than we burn for eternity.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
to theendisnear 69;

Yea Jesus did say no can come to the father except through me....but perhaps the technicality could be that if you dont know about Jesus and you come to the father through some other way....Jesus is still there and your still going through him. I mean he's there no matter what...so if you dont know this, or dont beleave, or go a different way...truth is still truth. Or this really is the only path....but I'm on the fence about exclusivity versus universality and am waiting to experience directly the answer to this.

As far as the whole "religion is a crutch" argument....I agree with you 100%. Religion is a crutch for those week of mind and those who have fear.

Fortunately me being a Christian mystic...I experience truth, love, divine realities and lots of inner work and experiences as well. You can tell a tree by its fruit. Even Jesus bashed the church and the religious "priests" that were around during his time

Now if you havent ever gone within, or never spent any time to genuinely seek out God...then everything you think about God, Jesus and what I have to say is speculation, judgements, and assumptions to an outsider looking in.

But for myself and many others....we are spiritual scientists because we experience and know the truth about spiritual relaites and we study and seek these fields daily and directly. In order for you to also know and experience these things, you would have to step into the proverbial laboratory where all these things take place.

Church and religion are not that laboratory...what I speak of transcends words and locations.

And you know what????...when I experience something in this "laboratory" and cross examine it with my other spiritual scientists.....it always corraborates and checks out to be true and the experiments/experiences are always replicated to those who enter this "laboratory" with genuine and sincere "seeking."

Not only is subjective truth still truth....but in this case it's confirmed by a select portion of the worlds population. Everyone else cant confim it because they fear, or make excuses, or have too big of ego's or some other reason not to enter the "laboratory" and see the truth for themselves.

But I will say that I would sacrifice my own life for you to be able to experience what I have thus far...that's ho great God is of an experience. It's a reality like no other. If one of us had to go...I would volunteer cause I have already tasted the heights and gone through ego death and am a citizen of the heavens.....whereas if you havent...me volunteering still allows you to have a sliver of time left to quite possibly sooner than later experience then what I know now.

______
Applebiter,
Yeah man....those three days you had and everything you said thus far...I know that you know what I know and what we know is something that I would give my right eye for everyone to know.

Welcome to eternity compadre. We are no earthlings...just passing through.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Your analogy of a laboratory is fitting. We're in for quite a ride, I think. I'm looking forward to it!

To the others... to them I would say this: I have been a fundamentalist, an agnostic, and an atheist. I can talk to you about Dawkins, Pinker, Dennet - because I think they are brilliant materialist scientists. I can talk to you about the current state of consciousness studies from Koch to Whitehead. We can talk analytical philosophy or we can chat about spukhafte Fernwirkung, but don't ever mistake me for weak or uninformed. I did all my own spiritual and intellectual heavy lifting, and can talk about concepts abstractly without parroting anyone else's thoughts.

And still, none of that matters once you have had the experience for yourself. And all you have to do is humble yourself and try.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
O trust me I have tried being a christian. I was forced to go to church my entire life. And for most of that time I called myself a christian. So no I am not "an outsider looking in" because I have known lots of christians and been one myself.

One of those Sundays I sat there and I said, Ok god or whatever is out there, just show me now in my heart that your real. I tried this numerous times. I never once felt any conviction or whatever you guys say you feel.

And about your laboratory. We all have our own personal laboratories. Everyone is seeking the truth. What makes yours the one that is right? Why should everyone follow one ideal or belief, when the experiments in their laboratory show them something different than the ones in yours?

d11_m_na_c05 has a very intersesting signature. It says "when you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will know why I dismiss yours.

new topics

top topics

join