It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Building (Pics)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
What I find odd is that people find stuff, but don't consider why it would be built there. Why would this "building" by there, all by itself? No signs of any other buildings? That in itself is odd. Why are "statues" found built halfway up the side of a cliff, with no apparant way to do it, and no other structures around. Faces.. built facing up. Why would any civilization do this?

when you start going down this road, any reasoning could be correct because it's all hypothetical to begin with. maybe this one rectangular building is an above-ground entrance/post to a complex labyrinth of civilization beneath. it could really be anything or nothing. and so we can begin with anything...

if this rectangular building is a ruin from a past martian civilization, it's not in much "ruin." it'd be like one walmart [box-shaped warehouse] being the only surviving marker that any intelligent life once existed.

why a rectangular building? it's a simple form of architecture, not really indicative of an advanced race. and if they were not advanced, they probably would still not be around or have the means to survive underground.

so one building...plain...simple...and isolated. could be. could also be a rock.

any theory pretty much works at this point.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What would be utterly fascinating is if it turned out to be a peak of some enormous structure underneath the wind-blown dirt!

Or the tip of the crown of some epic Martian king with an entire civilization at its feet!

Great find. Can't wait to see how this one pans out.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That looks humon built. Probably belongs to the Us military.

Also this is probably the BEST mars pic of an object I have ever seen
absolutely stunning. Good find + flag.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by Ferengi]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

To be honest, for me it looks like a hole in the ground because the flat surface on this artificial object is darker than the surrounding surface. It might be just my odd perception

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Some of you have posted pics of geological oddities here on earth where rocks have taken on seemingly unnatural shapes, but this is just one structure with nothing even remotely like it in the vicinity.

Furthermore, it would have to be really huge to show up that clearly from an orbiting satellite. I'm sure someone could figure out just how large it is by crunching some numbers.

For those asking why it is the only remaining structure... Maybe it is the only structure built at that location. It could be some sort of entrance for an underground base.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Optix
Its really hard to believe those were formed naturally. Those are really wild looking. I could see smooth planed rocks, where the plains are random but those form geometric shapes, just plain weird.

Those types of formations happened with 3 different volcanoes in the area, would be interesting to see if we could find evidence of volcanoes around the OP's "block"

Wiki: Devil's Causeway

EDIT: Fixed link

[edit on 8-7-2008 by HaTaX]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
VERY nice find. stared and flag
Will have a better look later

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Fill it up with water and there you have it. Mars was once a watered down planet like the earth. The block rests on a small narrow island and has no immediate purpose to anything in the surrounding area. The only thing it could be is a distant access point to an underground base. It probably houses sensory equipment and monitoring devices.

Please!!! This is the ancient ones big joke to drop a big old brick off a ship so one day stupid primitive humans will be boggled by what it could be. Don't be fooled by their mischief.

Otherwise NASA is having more fun carving blocks out of rocks with their super duper remote control table saws. Oh wait a minute. Those don't work anymore.

I wonder what NASA will think of next? Hmmm. How about a coffee machine that turns rock dust into the best cup of joe? Huh? Does a big old half a billion dollar coffee machine seem right to you. How else will mankind be able to survive on a desolate wasteland of its vast emptiness? Monkeys will be able to drink coffee created from the surface of Mars!!!

THE FUTURE OF MANKIND IS HERE!!!

CHEESE ON THE MOON!!! COFFEE ON MARS!!!

Then we goto Neptune. Brighter. Shiny. Rocks.

SHUTDOWN NASA NOW!!! Revert funds to world domination!!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Interesting find, looks more like a tent than a rock to me. possibly even the back of a canvas covered truck which may explain the tracks[I did not see the pictures of the tracks] anyway it's still interesting whatever it is.
Thanks again,
Horsegiver.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
My problems with this picture are this;

1)The tracks don't extend more than a few lengths behind the object. I think it is an illusion created by the sand blowing past the object, leaving a shallow area that makes it look like two parallel lines. So...

2) Clearly, I think that Sand is being blown around the object, it is surrounded by dunes in the martian desert after all... So now I get confused: How, under such relentless sandblasting over hundreds of thousands of years (at least), could a block of stone maintain PERFECTLY edged sides and sharp corners are are shown? Surely the the block would be rounded off somewhat - at least it wouldn't have sharp edges, especially if it is sitting in the open and exposed to relentless sandblasting. How could it end up being a perfectly proportioned rectangle under such circumstances?

If anything, we can determine from where it is situated that this object is relatively new. So how did it form, or who formed it? It does not belong.

NASA must have a few closet ATS members in their employ

[edit on 8-7-2008 by TruthTellist]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by super70

Excellent find super70!
Here's the object as seen through the IAS Viewer. I've put it through a few filters and this is what turns up:

The original image through the HiRISE IAS Viewer:

Embossed (The 'roof' seems slightly depressed towards the rear):

Glowing Edges:

There sure is something out there that doesn't seem natural!

Excellent find, once again! And keep them coming!

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Good work on the imaging Mike

I certainly highights a 'building' or something purposely placed/erected.
To me it also seems to show some kind of a boundary (Fence? wall?)

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If I understood ArMaP earlier in this thread, judging by pixal calculations, then this object is 3meters by 2 meters, or about 10' X 6'. Now considering the not so precise way of using pixal size to determine object size, even if the object is twice as big, 6 meters by 4 meters or 20' X 12', it is still in the range of a common storage building here on Earth.

Very interesting find.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
There sure is something out there that doesn't seem natural!

When you start applying digital filters to what contains digital noise, and these filters use differentiation, you are bound to find all sorts of weird stuff. It's really like feeding a noisy audio signal through a high-pass filter and all of a sudden finding some "unnatural" high frequency spike in the output -- surely a message from space aliens.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
well, i feel like most of u. There has to come a time when they should amswer all the questions. (Meaning NASA) But , what would happen if they too are asking the same questions. But someone even higher up isn,t given them any answers either. Other Countries are already on the way and lets hope they will let the cat (ET) out of the bag.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

What I find odd is that people find stuff, but don't consider why it would be built there. Why would this "building" by there, all by itself? No signs of any other buildings? That in itself is odd.

Perhaps it is odd, but I've seen whole towns and cities carved into cliff faces whilst driving through Turkey. Why would anyone in their right mind carve a whole town out of a cliff? ... but they did!

Why are "statues" found built halfway up the side of a cliff, with no apparant way to do it, and no other structures around.

Think of those huge statues that the Taliban destroyed in Afghanistan a few years back... Why would anyone bother to carve such huge statues out of a cliff face?... but they did!

Faces.. built facing up. Why would any civilization do this? Even on this planet, when folks were thinking giant beetles pushed the sun across the sky, and they worshipped the sun, the moon, the stars, they did not build any structures facing UP.

What about all those lovely square miles of lines in Nazca in Peru... the ones that only really make any visual sense when viewed from the air?... Why would anyone go to so much trouble to create gigantic figures, covering a large area, that can only really be appreciated from the air?.... but they did!

Why someone would do something is not really a good reason to dismiss the possibility or existence of that something. To try and guess at motivation is hard enough when applied to humanity... The attempt becomes complete nonsense when applied to a possible alien intelligence

I'm afraid so far, I've not seen a single "artifact" presented, that I can say "Well now, THERE is an alien structure, megalith, or monument!"

Removing the blinkers helps... sometimes

Just like clouds, if you want to badly enough, you can find just about anything in the odd shapes you see.

Just like the three monkeys, if you want to bad enough you can ignore any and all possible anomalies ... after all, where would we all be without the skeptic's mantra ' It can't be, so it isn't'!

Phew... all this typing wore me out!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Agreed! But what about the original image I posted as seen through the IAS viewer where you can clearly discern the shape without any filters? Or has NASA applied them on the HiRISE image? I would think they would instead brush out what look like artificial looking structures and not the other way around!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
Phew... all this typing wore me out!

Darn! It happens all the time when you're up against the 'experts'! Join me for a chilled beer. It'll do you a world of good!

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Agreed! But what about the original image I posted as seen through the IAS viewer where you can clearly discern the shape without any filters?

I don't deny that there are fairly discernable lines in the pic. Just how straight they are, not easy to tell due to pixellation. As I said earlier (and there have been other posters as well), I'd seen rocks of rectangular shape before. Looking at this in artificial color doesn't bring about any new information about this image. I just don't see anything exciting just yet.

[edit on 8-7-2008 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Star and Flag for ya Super70! I wish I had more time to scan through all these images. I feel that untill we get some boots on the ground we are going to be subject to plenty of speculation. I feel there has been shown plenty of evidence that NASA does airbrush and modify thier images, but why do they need too. Oh yeah life on other planets does not fit into mainstram beliefs.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join