It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the world isn't ready for new technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Without a doubt the world has technologies that have been hidden or burried for decades. Yes it has a lot to do with power and control by world governments and organizations, but what if it was fully disclosed and made available to everyone?

Lets create a scenario to explain my theory. Lets presume that UFO craft that have been reported being seen are real and they are government controlled. As well, free energy is possible using Tesla'a theories(high voltage gathering). These are just two of the possible technologies that are possibly being held back. Now lets say that there has been full disclosure on these two technologies. What would the world be like?

Now we have a situation that in a peaceful world would solve all our problems and make life better for everyone, but in the real world what would happen?

Now you have craft available that can traverse the earth in minutes letting you run to China for for take out...... wait, that would violate too many no-no's..... what if you were a drunk and decided to go saucering home from Hooters..... nah, crashing at 10+ times the speed of sound doesn't really make that much of an impact. And God forbit some terror organization have the ability to travel at these speeds for destructive purposes.

What about free energy though? Nothing bad about that. Other than the oil companies will go out of business, which is probably better for mankind, what harm could come from it?

Limitless high voltage power. It's not like a crazed out high school kid could make a EMP device from this power source to take out his school so he doesn't have to go school that day. EMP weapons are as simple as a large low inductance capacitor bank discharged into a single-loop antenna. It's not like anyone would take a free energy device and create a massive EMP device to put a country back into the stone age.

Rather than going into many other possibilites how new technology can be destructive, we just need to realize that whatever new technology comes out is going to have the potential for more destrucion than previous technologies. In my opinion the world isn't ready for newer technology.

What as a government would you do? Does the risk of disclosing new technology out-weigh the benifits?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
New technologies are always being released but really only in cases where profits can be made...this is what holds back many new advancements. The standardization or a release of a technology takes huge investment and therefore needs to guarantee massive returns. You're definitely right about the Security issues, how do you counteract against a new unknown, unintegrated technology?

Free energy!!? There would be a trail of dead bodies a mile long following that one.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yeah, If I could power my home with a shoebox device in the basement, the temptation to use it to destroy civilization as we know it would be too great for me. I cannot be trusted with energy independance. Neither can you. People who have enough of all their needs are dangerous and need to be controlled, tightly, ridgedly controlled.

Only when we can spoon out the needs of individuals in small controlled portions is society safe and in charge.

I hope you get the sarcasm in this.

Never mind the fact that somewhere in America at this very moment some drunken old goat is hurtling down the road in 3 tons of steel SUV with a fuel payload equivalent to several thousand sticks of dynamite in his tank.

Technology may be censored but it is not out of altruism. There is plenty out there we could used to wipe ourselves out of existence with if we had the mind to.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
That is exactly my point.... people do use what they have already for destructive purposes. I think wars and conflicts should go back to knives and swords instead of roadside bombs and GPS guided warheads. Whats the honor in taking a bullet from a mile away never being able to see your enemies eyes. Our militaries have no hesitation to drop a 500 pound bomb in a building to kill a few nasties regardless of the inocent victims to achieve this.

It is sad how little we regard life in general on this planet, and releasing new technology won't help resolve that; only make us more efficient in our destructive behaviour.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thats a great point to consider
your right i dont think the world is ready for that kind of technology. But will we ever be ready? If so, how would we know we are ready?

top topics

join