It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA theoretical question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
A question occured to me over the weekend concerning the 3,000 +/- people who are going to lose their jobs at NASA. Living here in Florida I'm concerned about these people and how this is going to affect the space coast's economy...however, I'd like to throw this out for discussion.

Do you think that this drastic elimination of jobs will create enough dissention for some to come forward and maybe spill the beans so to speak?

Seems like the perfect motivation for information to be leaked to the public? Anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone has had similar thinking on this subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralLee
...Do you think that this drastic elimination of jobs will create enough dissention for some to come forward and maybe spill the beans so to speak?

Seems like the perfect motivation for information to be leaked to the public? Anyway, I'd be interested to know if anyone has had similar thinking on this subject.

No, because they are "trained" to believe they are doing the right thing. That's why most soldiers have no problem with what is going on in Iraq, because they really and truly believe they are doing the right thing.

That's how a lot of silence is purchased. If you believe you are doing the right thing, and you believe that your silence helps the right thing keep happening, how apt would you be to run your mouth? Not very. After all, if you really believed that keeping silent was in America's best interests, would you go running your mouth about what you knew?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
thats true sir_chancealot, my father and uncle got into a heated argument over the bush admin, my uncle is a vet of the gulf and the current war and he supports the bush admin to the fullest, my father never joined the military because of an injury and openly bashes the current standings of this american government. it goes to show how brainwashed some people can be.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
First there has to be some beans to spill. I am not convinced Nasa is involved in a massive conspiracy. There has always been a constant stream of people coming and going from Nasa. If there wers some massive coverups where are all the ex employees & contractors with their verifiable stories?

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Well, Sparky....here is what they will say.

"Keep yur mouth shut, or the goil gets it!!!"

See....threaten the family, and keep the secrets.....

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
First there has to be some beans to spill. I am not convinced Nasa is involved in a massive conspiracy. There has always been a constant stream of people coming and going from Nasa. If there wers some massive coverups where are all the ex employees & contractors with their verifiable stories?

If someone threatened to kll your family and all of your friends if you blew the whistle, would you still do it?

top topics

join