It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq may set timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Iraq may set timetable for U.S. troop withdrawal

www.reuters.com

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki raised the prospect on Monday of setting a timetable for the withdrawal of U.S. troops as part of negotiations over a new security agreement with Washington.

It was the first time the U.S.-backed Shi'ite-led government has floated the idea of a timetable for the removal of American forces from Iraq. The Bush administration has always opposed such a move, saying it would give militant groups an advantage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"No seriously guys, I mean, you've been a big... help, and all, but the wife keeps asking me when you're going to leave, and uh, I've got a few things to do this weekend... soooo... yeah, if you could maybe start looking for another place to hang out..."

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Yes and let us not forget Bush's statement from last year:

We are there at the invitation of the Iraqi government. This is a sovereign nation. Twelve million people went to the polls to approve a constitution. It’s their government’s choice. If they were to say, leave, we would leave. LINK

One more chance to Bush show us his true moral fibers...sadly meaning he will ignore this push on the part of Iraq to (RE)secure its sovereignty.

In reality it will be one more example of how the Bush administration is NOT in Iraq for US citizens or Iraqi citizens but for profit and control.

[edit on 7-7-2008 by Animal]

new topics

join