It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Competing Hoaxes? Is This an ATS Game?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
I have come to the conclusion as many others here that it is just because the college and school kids have more time in their hands to mess around with us.

That's good to hear!! I was afraid that you may have been born without decision making abilities, but after realizing that you can make conclusive decisions, I feel a little better.

That being said, for the record, I'm 37. 2 kids 12, 9. If you would like, I will take a picture of my driverse licesnse with birthdate. But heck, what do I have to prove how old I am anyway.

I haven't been a member long, doesn't mean I haven't been around here for years.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnesotawreckingcrew

I stand by my comment, look I have had no time to check your story and dont think will be doing it any time soon, frankly what you have to offer is not my cup of tea, if I want to read a story or watch some good sci-fi, I can get that at Borders or Blockbusters.

After following this thread:
I’m coming clean on Extraterrestrials TOTAL REPLIES:7089, thats as much story telling that I would ever endure on this site.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

You can choose to shop anywhere you want to for your sci-fi, drama, horror, chick flicks, or whatever.

That fact is that you can lable my event with what ever you choose, I never asked you to read or contribute to my thread only unless you have something positive to offer me. So that being said, I do respect your opinion.

If it's a negative opinoin if you do change your mind to enter my thread, that's ok as well.

This is all an open forum.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel

Originally posted by maria_stardust
... It isn't a hoax until the ATS powers-that-be officially declare it a hoax.

Shouldn't that be 'it isn't labeled a hoax until the ATS powers-that-be officially declare it a hoax." Just because a group believes something does not make it factually true. This would imply that anything on a given website, not denied by that website, must be the truth or at least close to it.

I am not sure what to think of either of these incidents. Guess time will tell.

Generally, that is true, but the *HOAX* hammer doesn fall around here unless actual evidence towards it's necessity is revealed. Such as when someone arrives claiming to be so and so from such and such, which is then queried by TPTB who then can verify yay or nay the veracity of said post. Case in point, the recent "Hello Im John Titor." post, which was verified not to be him, and therefore labelled a *HOAX*.

No one can label anything a hoax, unless they have proof.

So Id suggest a "Potential Hoax" subforum, where things are evaluated to determine the outcome.

Should the OP refuse to answer questions, or deny queries, put people in ignore for valid opinions, etc etc, then the post remains there.

If the OP comes forward with Verifiable evideice that satisfies the statements put forward, its moved to ATS where the stigma of uncertainty is removed, and the post is then left to valid discussion. This would discern betwen the many disingenuous threads made and the genuine ones.

Finally, if the OP back tracks, side steps, or evidence of their claims are found showing to be patently false, then the *HOAX* labes is applied and the thread either moved to skunkworks, BTS or locked, depending on the intent of the author.

That surely is fair.

In a place where people put foward astonishing claims then innocent until proven guilty, but unsure until proven otherwise? surely.

just my 2 pennies.

(edited, bad grammararas)

[edit on 7/8/2008 by bloodcircle]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Please read my last post in the thread "violent encounter with alien being".. there is actually earmarks for this one not being a HOAX but because everyone has a tiny world view they want to brush it off. Read my post on page 56 or so it covers a few key points everyone is ignoring because it doesn't fit into there world view. Oh I will acknowledge it could be a HOAX for sure. But there are things presented that to the researcher with years of experience reading thousands of cases will in fact perk his ear up to...just read my post so I don't have to repeat it all here.

Thanks,
FG

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm amazed at how small minded so many people can be!

How many threads can be 'proved' on this site? Take the 9/11 threads, 'proof' flying around left right and centre and nobody will accept proof that they don't agree with, there is no definitive proof!

If I think a thread is a hoax I just ignore it, maybe if I feel strongly enough I would post my opinion, why is this bothering so many people?

If you can't post threads about alien encounters on this site then where can you? Oh of course you can post them on here as long as they don't show up on the front page. So why don't we have a 'down' flag as someone suggested, I've thought this myself on what I've considered hoax threads, or at least a 'negative' star system to give a fair opinion on a thread, if they are still popular and up ther on the front then Hard luck!

This site is packed with complaints about our freedoms being eroded and fighting for our right to speak, and look what you are trying to do! Stiffle members rights to post their stories of their experiencies, outrageous!

I know which ones I believe to be hoaxes (my opinion only) and I hate hoaxers as much as the next person, but if we have to put up with some idiots in order to hear the true stories then thats what we must do, I thought this site was about denying ignorance??

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by JesterMan

For example in the Violent Encounter with an Alien Being thread, the OP has denied the idea he acted as mad, a maniac, and even a murderer. Yet, in his own words, he says he stabbed it countless times and then....

It opend both palms, held its hands open palm up, and then just started to wobble and fade in and out. . . .but this thing was getting away so i tried leaping on it again.

Go look at Byrd's avatar for an example of what he is saying here.

This creature is showing his hands, the universal sign of surrender. This creature has given up, he's defenseless, wobbling, in and out. And this guy goes and leaps on it again with the intent of murder?

Yes, I can see why a person would call him a maniac.

when i first read the thread about the fishman i was shocked not to find any posts pointing out what a psycho killer he is (if the story is true).... what if that was his father or friend in a costume playing a joke?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm afraid ATS has become home to an awful lot of people who, quite frankly, need help. They are living a life of delusions.

This site used to have many discussion/investigation threads and the odd "deluded" thread. Unfortunately it is now the other way round. Most threads are based on deluded fantasies, wacky speculation, paranoia and religious obsession.

A victim of it's own success which makes it a homing target to the people who used to stand on street corners with an "end of the world" type banner!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Yes i agree, it's ridiculous to see how many people buy into these stories, because some (like fish mans) are clearly the product of a strange and delusional obsession with this site.

It's just a real shame to see the amount of 'flagged and starred' responses coming from so many members on this site in response to posts like these.

When you look through the 'hot topics' part of this site and you see the amount of exposure these threads generate it just saddens me.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by firegoggles

Please read my last post in the thread "violent encounter with alien being".. there is actually earmarks for this one not being a HOAX but because everyone has a tiny world view they want to brush it off. Read my post on page 56 or so it covers a few key points everyone is ignoring because it doesn't fit into there world view. Oh I will acknowledge it could be a HOAX for sure. But there are things presented that to the researcher with years of experience reading thousands of cases will in fact perk his ear up to...just read my post so I don't have to repeat it all here.

Thanks,
FG

I agree. I have researched scores of such cases, and there are certainly many indications that he is not hoaxing, and that this is actually a genuine case.

I do not expect those who have not met, or interviewed, or researched other alleged cases of this nature to agree - but then what would they know about such things anyway?

Duncan

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
seems like one person was singled out, banned, and thread closed.

Why is that? Just because he wasn't registered as long as Dantanna?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Call 1 of the OP a maniac if you want. But remember we don't all live in a gated community with pretty little white picket fences. I for one agree with his actions be them real or not.

If your in my bedroom in the middle of the night that means you made it past the pitbull or killed it. You either came through a window or got past the deadbolts etc.

My state law says I have the "right" to use deadly force to defend my home and that's exactly what intend to do. That thing if it is real should feel lucky that he went to his pad and not mine. We are heavily armed around here and we will make you pay with your life if you attempt to enter our homes. So you can be all politically correct if you want but in my hood you'd just be a statistic...

This is just a testament to what a cesspool our nations cities have become....

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I don't have an answer to that. I do know ATS doesn't arbitrarily ban someone without notifying them of the reason. If he feels the ban was unwarranted, I'd suggest he email SkepticOverlord, or post a question in Board and Business.

To stay on topic, I'll say I liked minnesotawreckingcrew. We took jabs at each other fairly often in the thread and in a few u2us as well.

And my 'asinine' questions were leading up to a layout of where he was when it began and where he was when it ended.

He says he was in the television room sleeping when he heard loud tongue clicking noises down a straight 30 foot hallway to his bedroom. Whether that noise would disturb him at that distance, I can't say. But from what he told us I get this:

I don't know if the window was in position A or B. But from his description it had to be one of those positions. How?

First, we know all windows are on outside walls.

We also know it wasn't on the same wall as the doorway he entered.
And we know there are closets on one wall.
That leaves only two places it could be.

Finally, we know he said he only had one window in that room.

So, my next question was whether these were single story units which he never got to answer.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Hey, found it. It's on page 12 here where he posted the pics and said second floor

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Great!

Now let's put that with some of the other information he gave us

He says the ET jumped down to the top of the laundry room and indicates the laundry room is on the next building. He indicates that here:

But when we look out the window:

Looks to me like a tree out there.

(Beside the point, but just as puzzling is the neighbor's position.)

edited to say: I'm not picking on MWC because he isn't here. Everybody knows I'd be asking those asinine questions to find out.

[edit on 7/15/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Why was minnesotawreckingcrew never answered to from ATS? I was following it. Just following. Seems like the OP of that thread was asking for help and just ignored from ATS. What was wrong with the thread from that of many others here. I'm not picking on ATS, I like it here. Just seems odd.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I think if you look at the angle. It's obviously from him looking downward to the right. Not straight out and down to where your diagrams suggest, but probably dead on. minnesota didn't seem to argue that at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I can't answer that.

My experience has always been if you have something to post, just do it. If there is a controversy about it, Mark/Bill or one the mods will notify the OP and close or delete the thread.

I'm happy to answer questions about the things I was doing in investigating that thread, but other than that, I'm clueless.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I think i'm pretty sure the OP of that thread never said anything I like in 24 hours hours I'll show the world. etc, etc.

He seemed pretty genuine about giving us all the information as soon as he could. The copyright the was a little bit out there, buy hey, if that's what they wanted to do then I dont see anything wrong with that. Looks loke he was shut down right before the info. came. Then he got pissed at ATS and Viceversa.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join