It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are smart people under the eyes of the goverment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Right. I was wondering the other day about smart people. Those really smart braniacs who usualy take science as their religion and dont really question any thing except mathametical equations. But there are some who challenge this conventional paradigm, people who may find the truth, people like neo but in reality. What i mean is that are there people who have found the "truth" being studied and being watched especialy by our goverment? Just like agents keep a close eye on the ones who have the ability to crack the matrix if you will.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GoRla

Overtly so, yes.

That kind of observation is the type i like to call "Do what you want, but if you do something we don't want you to you're getting a first-class ticket to Gitmo".

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There have been a lot of scientists dieing under mysterious circumstances in teh past few years. A thread on a few bio-engineers who burned int heir apartment was floating around in teh last day or two.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
From "The Thirteenth Tribe":

Among the Volga Bulgars, Ibn Fadlan found a strange custom:
When they observe a man who excels through quickwittedness and knowledge, they say: “for this one it is more befitting to serve our Lord.” They seize him, put a rope round his neck and hang him on a tree where he is left until he rots away.

Commenting on this passage, the Turkish orientalist Zeki Validi Togan, undisputed authority on Ibn Fadlan and his times, has this to say:[25] “There is nothing mysterious about the cruel treatment meted out by the Bulgars to people who were overly clever. It was based on the simple, sober reasoning of the average citizens who wanted only to lead what they considered to be a normal life, and to avoid any risk or adventure into which the “genius” might lead them.” He then quotes a Tartar proverb: “If you know too much, they will hang you, and if you are too modest, they will trample on you.” He concludes that the victim ‘should not be regarded simply as a learned person, but as an unruly genius, one who is too clever by half”. This leads one to believe that the custom should be regarded as a measure of social defence against change, a punishment of non-conformists and potential innovators.[‡‡‡‡‡] But a few lines further down he gives a different interpretation:

Ibn Fadlan describes not the simple murder of too-clever people, but one of their pagan customs: human sacrifice, by which the most excellent among men were offered as sacrifice to God. This ceremony was probably not carried out by common Bulgars, but by their Tabibs, or medicine men, i.e. their shamans, whose equivalents among the Bulgars and the Rus also wielded power of life and death over the people, in the name of their cult. According to Ibn Rusta, the medicine men of the Rus could put a rope round the neck of anybody and hang him on a tree to invoke the mercy of God. When this was done, they said: “This is an offering to God.”

Perhaps both types of motivation were mixed together: ‘since sacrifice is a necessity, let’s sacrifice the trouble-makers”.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Don't forget the mysterious death of the NASA engineer Joseph Ciganek(sp?)

It seems that if you are ultra-smart and you refuse to cooperate with TPTB then you get killed.

I think the US government is actually surveilling everybody in the USA all the time with technology we can't even imagine.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
In 1970 I can assure you that the "feds" did watch the high IQ kids.

Our school had an IQ test, one girl placed 11th in the nation and one boy placed 17th in the nation. They were best friends and also in my art class. They told me of "FBI" agents selling heroine to them AT the school. I wouldn't believe it of course. On 'delivery day' they had me stand behind a pillar and witness the transaction which I did. The car was black, sedan, extra large but not as long as a limo. It had government exempt liscence plates. The men stayed in the vehicle which had tinted windows so I could not see them from where I was. The pair of high IQ kids came back with the 'horse'.

I always wondered WHY the government would destroy two of the best minds in the country with that trash.

join